Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 04:40 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,873,009 times

Advertisements

There are alot of people who go from relationship to relationship as they can't be without someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 11:00 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
There are at least two large groups of people, here - men who are deathly afraid of women, who wish they could do something about it, but don't and women, who are deathly afraid of relationships, but don't know it and hop around a lot from one impossible guy to another.

You may be talking about the second group.

Are there any smaller groups, Frihed? Because I don't fit into either of these groups, and I have to tell you that I'm feeling a little neglected, here! I mean, WTH, dude!

Old 12-22-2014, 11:04 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
Some people seem to bounce from one relationship to the next with no interval in between. One week, they're with this person, then they break up and the following week, this person is already in a relationship with a new person. These people seem to have zero problems meeting another person to be with and for some reason, this seems to be more common with women. It isn't just younger people who are like this, it even happens to people in their 30s and 40s; which is strange considering the vast majority of people in that age group are married which means the dating pool is smaller.

Personally, I don't get it. Where is it that they meet these people? Do they pop in out of thin air or something?

I don't know about you, but indeed they do pop out of thin air. I'm surrounded by millions of people. Not meeting people is harder than meeting people.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:15 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,445,137 times
I was always in a relationship. Usually I was rarely single. Not by choice but I liked to go out a lot when I was single.

When I was single the guy next to me at work commented how difficult it was to meet a girl. Sometimes he could go 2 years between girlfriends and 3-12 months between dates.

So I ask him how many times a month does he go out to a bar or club geared towards single people. He said 1-2 times a month. I go that is a 1.5 average or only 30 times a year. So every 15 times out you get a date and every 60 times you meet a girl friend.

I then tell him on average I go out five times a week or 208 times year. I have same ratio as you pretty much but it is a numbers game.

Also my standards were pretty high unlike his. As I had the choice of maybe 14 girls to take on a date and 7 girls who wanted to be my girlfriend.

I did get him to increase his going out but he was not good at it, as soon as he met someone he stopped going out, put eggs in one basket then when that fell apart mopped for a few weeks then started again. Last I heard he was 40 and single.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:15 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
OP, I think I've been wondering this since I started dating as a teenager, and that was a long time ago. And I STILL haven't been able to figure it out. In my opinion, though, I think males are somewhat more inclined to be like this, though I don't know if it's more common among older men or younger.

Having said that, I've met a couple of people recently whose mothers have been married 4 times each. Four times! Never mind the question of why would someone want to get married 4 times, but where on earth do they meet all these people that they presumably feel strongly enough about to marry, in the first place? I find it hard enough to meet ONE guy that I want to simply date, let alone commit to, let alone marry.

It's either that these people have INCREDIBLE luck, or that they rush into relationships with the first person who comes along. And I mean the FIRST person, as in, say, the person ahead of them in the checkout line at the grocery store. Yeah, you'll do. Come with me!

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 12-22-2014 at 11:33 AM..

Old 12-22-2014, 11:44 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
Because some people can't stand to be alone. These people will almost always have a back up BF/GF should something happen to the current, or if they no longer love the person anymore, or whatever reason. Sometimes they'll just date anyone until they can float around and find the next person.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:04 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,800,412 times
I have a cousin like this. With her, she's just very outgoing, extroverted, and friendly... men flock to her and she's always in a relationship. There are people who are afraid to be alone, but I don't think she's one of them. She has no qualms about breaking up with a man and moving on without someone waiting in the wings. But it never takes her long to meet someone because of her extroverted personality combined with her being a very social person who is always going out and doing things where others meet.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:11 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
My GF is like this, she is in love with love, more so than the guys she is with.
I have a guy acquaintance that's been married 8 times the last I saw him (a few years back).
He sees a beautiful woman and wants to possess them.
Each marriage last about 2-3 years then he writes them a big check and sends them on their way.

I've always wondered why he doesn't just date them. It would be so much cheaper.

Old 12-22-2014, 01:21 PM

248 posts, read 259,030 times
My former roommate is like this... The day after he and his girlfriend broke up he'd be hooking up with another girl, I never completely understood how he did it.
Sadly I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum and have been single for almost a year now.

Old 12-22-2014, 01:53 PM

5,509 posts, read 9,486,726 times
One of my neighbors, who I met about 3 years ago, is sort of like this. In the 3 years I've known her: she got married, got divorced, (a half-year later) and has had two SOs since the divorce.

But, maybe this is only strange to me, since I haven't had anything remotely resembling a girlfriend since 2008.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships