Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 02:26 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
many are too indifferent to other peoples views to loose it

i view being overweight as being indisciplined
Ah. So you consider that you'd be doing her a service by letting her know you're not indifferent to it. I'm sure she's not indifferent to it; most women enjoy being able to fit into flattering clothing, and enjoy looking good. Losing weight can be easier said than done, unless you have a really good doctor who turns you on to the right diet.

I think it's the fact that you want to make weight loss a pre-nuptial requirement that's grating on people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 02:31 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
many are too indifferent to other peoples views to loose it
So? If you believe this why would you say anything if it's going to go in one ear and out the other?

Old 12-27-2014, 02:33 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,289,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Ah. So you consider that you'd be doing her a service by letting her know you're not indifferent to it. I'm sure she's not indifferent to it; most women enjoy being able to fit into flattering clothing, and enjoy looking good. Losing weight can be easier said than done, unless you have a really good doctor who turns you on to the right diet.

I think it's the fact that you want to make weight loss a pre-nuptial requirement that's grating on people.
i dont want to do that but is asking a partner to loose weight so awful ?

this issue with my girlfriend stems from her making a big issue out of my decision to make a business investment without telling her first , i have detailed all this in my early posts on this thread

most seemed to think she was unreasonable in her reaction , she appologised to me this evening again for that but i still feel i need some time to think

many couples take some time apart to think about their relationship , i dont see this relationship as over , i just need time to think

is that so bad ?

Old 12-27-2014, 02:41 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
i suspect you view any sort of communication from a male about a womans weight as being " douchy "
Wrong. I think making it a condition of the relationship is disrespectful and, frankly, idiotic.

Admit it, you never loved her and told her you did. You led her to believe you accepted her as she was, and you lied.

People who behave as you do are toxic to others. And I am not just talking about your recent behaviour. No one has forgotten how you blindsided and assaulted that old man in the alley of the bar because you thought he was teasing you.

Old 12-27-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Wrong. I think making it a condition of the relationship is disrespectful and, frankly, idiotic.

Admit it, you never loved her and told her you did. You led her to believe you accepted her as she was, and you lied.

People who behave as you do are toxic to others. And I am not just talking about your recent behaviour. No one has forgotten how you blindsided and assaulted that old man in the alley of the bar because you thought he was teasing you.
prior to the opening of this thread five days ago , i had not posted in this forum for many many months

that you so clearly remember me and a thread i started ( about an unrelated bar incident ) fifteen months ago shows you have a pretty bizzare ability to memorise the actions of complete ( internet forum ) strangers , all for the purpose of engaging in amateuer psychoanalysis

i often enjoy your post zentropa but you really strike me as a pretty out there individual , such is the way you deliver judgements on others with such absolute certitude

your utterings are borderline troll like

Old 12-27-2014, 03:11 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
LOL, bob you may find it hard to believe but that story was pretty unforgettable to everyone who followed it.

Yes, I have the conviction of my informed opinions and my considerable experience on this planet. I have confidence in how I see and interpret human behaviour, backed up by outcomes I have predicted (like this one).

But it's fine if you ignore me. I am not alone in my observations, as you well know. Maybe someone else can hold a mirror to you and you will actually look.

Old 12-27-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
LOL, bob you may find it hard to believe but that story was pretty unforgettable to everyone who followed it.

Yes, I have the conviction of my informed opinions and my considerable experience on this planet. I have confidence in how I see and interpret human behaviour, backed up by outcomes I have predicted (like this one).

But it's fine if you ignore me. I am not alone in my observations, as you well know. Maybe someone else can hold a mirror to you and you will actually look.

enough cliches ( and conceited opinions ) to fill any second rate self help book

your like a hawk , prowling around for various beings to swoop in on , your intentions are no more well intentioned

Old 12-27-2014, 03:22 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,427,518 times
I highly advise you to sign a pre nup

Old 12-27-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
prior to the opening of this thread five days ago , i had not posted in this forum for many many months

that you so clearly remember me and a thread i started ( about an unrelated bar incident ) fifteen months ago shows you have a pretty bizzare ability to memorise the actions of complete ( internet forum ) strangers , all for the purpose of engaging in amateuer psychoanalysis

i often enjoy your post zentropa but you really strike me as a pretty out there individual , such is the way you deliver judgements on others with such absolute certitude

your utterings are borderline troll like
Hey, she's our encyclopedia that we turn to, to connect the dots between different bounce-back troll alter-egos. It's quite a talent, and a useful one. The forum could hardly function without her. Right now, you're encountering her famous "cutting through the crap" function. I'm standing back, to avoid collateral damage. She can be brutal.

But in a good way.

Old 12-27-2014, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I highly advise you to sign a pre nup
I would tend to advise him to find another girlfriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships