Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 10:53 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,835,501 times

Advertisements

I knew a couple who both the bride and groom both wore camo. Thank heaven it was before realtree became popular.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 11:00 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,120,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I knew a couple who both the bride and groom both wore camo. Thank heaven it was before realtree became popular.
My ex and his new wife wore camo for their wedding. Not kidding - I know it doesn't sound real. She might have enjoyed the pink gun as a gift.

Old 12-23-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
My ex and his new wife wore camo for their wedding. Not kidding - I know it doesn't sound real. She might have enjoyed the pink gun as a gift.
I'd give a gift of a Lady Smith .38 with pink grips. That should strike a right balance of kitsch and firepower.

Old 12-23-2014, 12:59 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,444,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I'd give a gift of a Lady Smith .38 with pink grips. That should strike a right balance of kitsch and firepower.
As a woman, I think a pink gun looks gay & fake and if I have to pull one, I damn sure don't want someone thinking I don't mean business.

Old 12-23-2014, 01:03 PM

2,156 posts, read 3,337,651 times
My wife and I decided to stop celebrating all these Bull S** things couple years after we got married. Still going strong! Almost 21 yrs together. We shared our money so it makes no difference whatsoever. If I or her wanted something, we just go out and get it. LOL.

Old 12-23-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
As a woman, I think a pink gun looks gay & fake and if I have to pull one, I damn sure don't want someone thinking I don't mean business.
That's why it would only be the pink grips. I'd have a spare set.

Old 12-23-2014, 01:45 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,989,898 times
We've had a few misses through the years. My husband complained once about the state of our pots and pans, so I bought him a pricy set. He was not thrilled. But, I wasn't thrilled with the constant barrage of lingerie and cmf shoes he was always buying either.

Married 32 years though, so we're pretty good at forgiving and forgetting.

Old 12-23-2014, 02:01 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,928,720 times
I think the worst gifts from a significant other are the ones that say he pays no attention to who I am, what I like/dislike, and what my values are.

With my ex, he would be very generous with buying gifts, but they were usually things he liked, or got "dazzled" by in the store, and not so much what I liked. Still, I know it's the thought, so I would be thankful. Some of the gifts over the years were nice (a sweater that was exactly my style, very plain diamond stud earrings, practical tools and appliances I had to drop hints about). But after a while, it started to be annoying, because there really was no "thought" in the sense of "will TracySam like this?" It was like a stranger was picking out gifts for me.

Examples:
Clothing in bright colors, when I always wear more subdued colors.
A flat screen TV that was really for him, when I'm more likely to use the same old "fat" TV until it dies.
A flat screen computer monitor when the old "fat" one was perfectly fine.
A remote car-starter, supposedly to warm up my car on cold mornings. But I love the cold weather, and never, ever complained about it being cold when I went out to start up my car. Plus it would have required me to go to an auto mechanic place to have it installed. That one I had to speak up about and it went back--there was no way I could pretend to like it and use it.
Anything "fancy" or "self-indulgent" when I tend to be very practical. I'm the kind of girl who would LOVE a new vacuum cleaner and hate a gift certificate to a spa or something sparkly.
Anything that's the super-newest-high-tech gadget. I am pretty simple in my needs, and think of gadgetty things as unnecessary and "something else that can break."
A HUGE Panasonic adult toy "massager" the size of my arm (he definitely bought that for himself).
Lingerie that is completely uncomfortable and not my thing.
Toys and swag like action figures or bobble-heads of characters in TV shows I like. Yes, I love Walking Dead, but I don't need Rick and Daryl action figures. Yes, I like American Pickers, but I don't need Mike and Frank bobble-heads.
Multiple sets of dishes and glasses (usually Christmas patterned) from Crate & Barrel, when we had limited cabinet space, and rarely entertained people in our home at Christmas.

Old 12-23-2014, 04:14 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,094,497 times
Thong underwear a few years ago. I have no use for them.

We are still together. And the undies are still in my drawer...lol

Last edited by *Sixy*; 12-23-2014 at 04:40 PM..

Old 12-23-2014, 04:29 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,414,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Thong underwear a few years ago. I have no use for them.

We are still together. And they undies are still in my drawer...lol
Awww! You won't wear them as a gift for him?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships