Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2014, 10:56 AM

72 posts, read 65,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Right, because being a douchebag is a sure fire to get the low hanging fruit.
You call it being a douchebag, I call it being in control, outcome independent and indifferent. It's a quality that is in short supply in the feminized West, and women are thirsty for it.

Old 12-24-2014, 10:58 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWedge View Post
You call it being a douchebag, I call it being in control, outcome independent and indifferent. It's a quality that is in short supply in the feminized West, and women are thirsty for it.
Of course they are. Anything to get out of being a gentleman. Losers.

Old 12-24-2014, 10:59 AM

11,784 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
Doesn't make it any less douchebag behavior simply because you call it by another name.

As always, the target of the negativity is women, yet there are tons of other men, many in this very thread, who behave in chivalrous, polite, kind, courteous and respectful ways to women and those around them, so there isn't any shortage that you think. Other men are making you look bad, not women. Enjoy your "outcome independence".

Old 12-24-2014, 11:02 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,921 times
If men like to open the door, stand up when a woman leaves the room and when she comes back, pay for her expenses, etc. Why not?

If some women don't let their man cook, clean, do the laundry, iron and fold the shirts, wash the dishes, make the bed, etc. because they believe that is a lady's job. Why not?

Sure, both ladies and gentlemen seem uncommon but they exist.

It would be like complaining because someone donated money to a charity, right?

Whatever works for you and your significant other.

Old 12-24-2014, 11:02 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Oh yeah, this thread is about to pick up quite nicely. Can't wait to read it when I get home from the gym.

And when I walk in, I hope there's a woman behind me so I can let the door slam in her face and see if she gives me her number after that.
That's hilariously evil.

Old 12-24-2014, 11:05 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
There's is a huge difference between being a gentleman and a doormat. Despite what my idiot sister in law asserts mainly as a dig against me.

Old 12-24-2014, 11:13 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Are you kidding? No. The prevailing attitude of many women is, "I'm the most fabulous super special snowflake princess, and I'm the boss, because vagina." And this is not to pin all the blame on Gen X, Y and Mil women. Plenty of men are more than happy to play along with this supplicating script. They are the great unwashed mass of men who come to this board to whine about how they're doing everything and yet, women are just not attracted to them.

I get a sense that you're most likely 40+, and that's why the above conflicts with what you're used to.
I am over 40, heck I'm shaking hands and looking 50 in the face, but before married dated some younger 30 guys and were all quite polite. /shrug
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-24-2014, 11:18 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
There's is a huge difference between being a gentleman and a doormat. Despite what my idiot sister in law asserts mainly as a dig against me.
That's an issue more than anything. People either go from one extreme to the next, or can't differentiate between certain things.

Having balance is the key. Treat a potential partner with respect. being chivalrous is good, if it's genuine and because you want to be. but at the same time, you don't have to be a pushover who says "yes dear" and kisses ass all the time.

Some guys go too far with extremes. They see the complete doormat types who let people push them around. Then go the douchebag rout and act like jerks to any potential dates. Then some guys see the jerks with women, and go too far trying to "please" women, and be that "nice guy" who lets women walk over them thinking it's a winner to getting lots of women.

*The jerks will only attract women with issues, or who only want sex. If that's good for them, terrific.

*And the doormats will only attract controlling women who will just milk them for all their worth, and move on to another guy.

But men with good balance will attract some nice women. Not to say all of them will be nice, but I am sure they'll manage to have a few great women in their lives that they'll think fondly of, even if/after the relationship ended.

Old 12-24-2014, 11:30 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
That's an issue more than anything. People either go from one extreme to the next, or can't differentiate between certain things.

Having balance is the key. Treat a potential partner with respect. being chivalrous is good, if it's genuine and because you want to be. but at the same time, you don't have to be a pushover who says "yes dear" and kisses ass all the time.

Some guys go too far with extremes. They see the complete doormat types who let people push them around. Then go the douchebag rout and act like jerks to any potential dates. Then some guys see the jerks with women, and go too far trying to "please" women, and be that "nice guy" who lets women walk over them thinking it's a winner to getting lots of women.

*The jerks will only attract women with issues, or who only want sex. If that's good for them, terrific.

*And the doormats will only attract controlling women who will just milk them for all their worth, and move on to another guy.

But men with good balance will attract some nice women. Not to say all of them will be nice, but I am sure they'll manage to have a few great women in their lives that they'll think fondly of, even if/after the relationship ended.
There are times when I had to take a hardline stand. Sometimes as a means of self presveration. Other times I reached a breaking point. Or someone was so far in the wrong. Yes, I've been called an *******.

Old 12-24-2014, 11:38 AM

72 posts, read 65,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Of course they are. Anything to get out of being a gentleman. Losers.
Women have marched in the street and fought hard to throw off the oppressive bonds of being a "lady."

Turnabout is fair play.

The thinly-veiled anger I'm receiving here is evidence of exactly what I was talking about downthread:

That women want to be free if their gender roles, but want men to stay in theirs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships