Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2015, 11:50 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latino_esq View Post
Yawn.
I wonder if you would be upset if a guy, like me, said women like you are not an option. Too much baggage for a relationship, and I don't even have any children.
I'm a woman without children and if I flipped it around to a single dad on assistance (who obviously abuses it) with two kids by two baby mamas I would run screaming. A guy like this wouldn't get most women. All he would attract would be women like him with various kids on assistance. Yet she wants a guy to support her, who is handsome and in shape and will be willing to do things like take out the garbage. If a guy like her asked for a woman like that everyone would laugh.

Old 01-22-2015, 05:03 PM

451 posts, read 562,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I'm a woman without children and if I flipped it around to a single dad on assistance (who obviously abuses it) with two kids by two baby mamas I would run screaming. A guy like this wouldn't get most women. All he would attract would be women like him with various kids on assistance. Yet she wants a guy to support her, who is handsome and in shape and will be willing to do things like take out the garbage. If a guy like her asked for a woman like that everyone would laugh.
Looks like we are saying the same thing. Yes, the OP is quite delusional to say the very least. I hope she reads the replies and thinks about how foolish she sounds. Every single part of her post wreaks of a person who doesn't think very clearly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I will start with my list.

1. They are broke after paying child support, alimony and all the debt from their marriages.

2. They have their kids every weekend and only want to date on week nights.

3. The number of their kids plus my kids, equals way to many kids for any sane person to deal with on a daily basis. If I wanted to manage that many kids, I would gone into education as a career.

I get up at 5 am every morning for work. By the time I get home, do homework, feed the kids and pets, the only drink I want is a cup of coffee on my couch, not to meet in a bar.
She is basically saying that she wouldn't date a male version of herself. Yet, it doesn't sound like she's ever put her shoes on the other foot and asked why would a typical guy like me(at least I consider myself as typical) date a woman like her:
Someone who isn't going to have money to go on trips, try out restaurants, have fun (and w/out the kids) etc because she has to support herself and her kids;
Someone whose availability is very limited (and forget about going to a local happy hour during the weekdays) because she has her kids on the weekdays and/or every other weekend;
The only time she has to herself is to have a cup of coffee on her couch;
etc.

Even if she was smoking hot, I would think that many childless men would pass on her due to the constraints on her availability.
Quote:
Seriously, I have two kids. If I meet a man with 2-6 kids (4-6 kids extremely common for some unknown reason), how will we ever buy a house to support such a large family? The men are to broke to contribute to that kind of expense.

Feel free to add to the list.
And she describes the single dad that has 2+ children. Now I can understand if she wouldn't want to date a guy with 2 or more children. But I'm sure there are many guys out there that have only one child. And just because a guy has children doesn't make him broke. I'm sure there are a lot of men out there with children that can afford to pay child support + alimony and still live comfortably. In my opinion, it would be quite stupid to pass on a guy in this situation if there was compatibility. But hey, if she wants to cross them out as potential suitors, good luck in finding that single guy that is willing to put with her baggage, limitations, and delusional mindset (as I'm sure she has a few other issues). No wonder her screen name is LowonLuck.

Any dissenting thoughts OP? Or is this too much reality for you?

Old 01-22-2015, 06:11 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,034,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
If that were true I could get foodstamps.
Have you tried to apply? You very well may qualify.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I find it hard to believe that you would make good money and receive welfare. There is more to this.
There is nothing more to it. I submit my documentation once a year of pretty much everything, and we get approved. You can't hide or lie about anything. They look at tax returns, bank statements, bills, pay stubs, etc. they even ask what kind of cars you own.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBoo2015 View Post
I don't understand. If you are in such good shape financially, why are you still using food stamps? Aren't there income limits on folks that can get such assistance?
I fall within the income limits. And I collect them because I do qualify. I look at it as a form of child support to offset the cost of the kids that their fathers are not paying.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustelid1971 View Post
Oh, she is income poor, but asset rich, don't you know. She buys and flips houses which isn't income, or so she says. How she got the second vehicle to play with is another issue all together.
I don't understand what you are saying about a second vehicle. I have owned two cars since I was 15. Not the same two, but always two.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBoo2015 View Post
You are making my head spin. You have a nice car, own a nice house, looking to even buy a second one, you have a decent job, you travel a lot yet you STILL collect food stamps?! WTF?

How can you not see what is wrong with this picture? Maybe if you drove a a more economical car, stopped looking at 2nd homes to buy and cut back on the travel, you wouldn't need to collect public assistance.
I did just buy a second house. I qualify for assistance. I don't need it to survive. The $200 in food stamps really does nothing to change my financial picture. I have not used the full $200 in a month in quite awhile so the card balance is probably has several months worth of food stamps. I consider it a form of child support to help off set my expenses, but it is certainly not making my financial picture better.

If I do happen to get child support in the future, I would no longer qualify.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Something doesn't add up in the story. Either she isn't really on FS (who lies about that?), isn't as successful as she claims, or is committing fraud (either with or without the social worker's help).
It all adds up as I say. It is income based not asset based. I am completely honest about everything. You can't lie, they review everything.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:36 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
Quote:
It all adds up as I say. It is income based not asset based. I am completely honest about everything. You can't lie, they review everything.
Yes it is. You can't have more than $2,250 in assets.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Yes it is. You can't have more than $2,250 in assets.
Not true. You can own houses, cars. Assets are exempt. Well they are in my state. I have no idea about other states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships