Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2015, 01:36 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
1. They are broke after paying child support, alimony and all the debt from their marriages.
That might be true of the particular people you have met but it is in no way a truism about the group as a whole.

Quote:
They have their kids every weekend and only want to date on week nights.
That might be true of the particular people you have met but it is in no way a truism about the group as a whole.

Quote:
The number of their kids plus my kids, equals way to many kids for any sane perso

Quote:
(4-6 kids extremely common for some unknown reason)

Oh look we appear to have gotten through your post and found nothing but generalisations extrapolated from a handful of anecdote. Nice.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:40 AM

336 posts, read 442,039 times
Quote:
I will start with my list.

1. They are broke after paying child support, alimony and all the debt from their marriages.

2. They have their kids every weekend and only want to date on week nights.

3. The number of their kids plus my kids, equals way to many kids for any sane person to deal with on a daily basis. If I wanted to manage that many kids, I would gone into education as a career.

I get up at 5 am every morning for work. By the time I get home, do homework, feed the kids and pets, the only drink I want is a cup of coffee on my couch, not to meet in a bar.

Seriously, I have two kids. If I meet a man with 2-6 kids (4-6 kids extremely common for some unknown reason), how will we ever buy a house to support such a large family? The men are to broke to contribute to that kind of expense.

Feel free to add to the list.
Wow, thats entitlement if i ever saw it. Lets get it from a single guy dating a single mom and look at your list again.

1. Broke after paying everytbing for their kids and place and thats even if they have one. Ive seen women living with their folks just to get by. Why would i want to date someone living with their parents?

2. Always complaining about their baby daddy(hey, you slept with him!)

3.Never want to do anything but stay at home with the kids. I get it i really do and no we dont have to go tbe bar or anything, but at least lets go SOMEWHERE.

4. Sometimes will be fixed..which means if you dont have kids then you are screwed. Have fun taking care of somebody elses.

5. Enjoy breaking your back trying to work for your girlfriend and her kids. She wont have any money at all amd all the money you do make will go to her and help her kids. Forget about her helping you pay on a house and/or car payments. She has kids to support dang it! Lol.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:00 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Exactly. This is how I present myself and in real life, the people that know I get them, could not care less. They see that my children have/had idiots for fathers and that I am an excellent parent.
But, they do see that you had kids with not one, but TWO idiots.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:17 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
But, they do see that you had kids with not one, but TWO idiots.
The first "idiot" died. How dare him to be so selfish...Yes I am being sarcastic.

The second idiot is bipolar. He was great for years. When he went off, he went off in a big way. Again not my fault. Not really his fault either. It is what it is.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:23 AM

6,452 posts, read 9,814,509 times
Quote:
I am entitled to the money because I QUALIFY for it. Don't like it? Then take it up with the folks that design the system.

I wish I was an admin so i could get your IP address and at least have the food stamp folks review your situation. If you are buying 2nd cars and 2nd homes then you are indeed milking the system for all its worth.

I wouldnt date a woman with morals like you even if you were a smoking hot 10 with no kids and rich.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:26 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post

I wouldnt date a woman with morals like you even if you were a smoking hot 10 with no kids and rich.

This is what she is not getting.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:27 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
Lol.....the OP loves to pi$$ ya'll off....haven't you noticed?

Look at her other threads-- always bragging on how she's got so much,
lives a fabulous life & yet, still somehow gets welfare.

First off-- I'd never give her the pleasure of pi$$ing me off.

Second....what goes around comes around.
Karma is a b*tch & one way or another this little scam of hers will catch up to her.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:38 AM

3,763 posts, read 5,860,170 times
Quote:
They will never find out if I never say anything.

Men see that i drive a nice car, own a nice house, buying a second one, have a decent job, travel alot, and have two kids.
This is really unbelievable!! WOW!!!

Old 01-23-2015, 09:33 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,984,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWedge View Post
I'm surprised at how little understanding you show these men, given your own situation.

You have somewhat of a blind spot.

You also have a list of requirements that is a mile long, some of them pretty superficial. Something's gotta give here.

I meet every criteria on your list, OP, and I wouldn't go out with you, regardless of how hawt you are.
^^^this^^^

Your first statement is on target - the OP is being ridiculous and I'm thinking this thread is just a way the OP can just vent frustrations with her own relationship.

To the OP - there's really no solution for you except:
a) change your attitude,
b) stay single or
c) date someone that doesn't have children.
It's very simple actually.

In terms of the complications of trying to blend families.... no doubt nearly everyone can figure that out. You also seem to have a blind spot for how men dating you as a potential or real single mom probably feel:
1) you may have your own children and custody schedule with them including holidays that fluctuate and must be planned around
2) you have been divorced at least once so you are acutely aware of a backdoor to marriage and may use it next time you get married, and
3) As someone who has been divorced, there's a good chance that whatever issues you had with your prior significant other are yet unresolved and still relevant for current/future partners. These could be psychological, physical and/or financial in nature. You throw in a Divorce Settlement which may pull you back into court for future changes, and you can certainly understand why someone new might be reluctant to have a relationship with you.

Overall, threads like this are just too negative in nature. The truth is that there are millions of divorced parents "out there" and everyone's situation is unique. I think everyone looking to have a relationship with someone else just needs to use their head and consider all the involved variables when they meet someone. I wouldn't rule out anything as a blanket statement as most of us do not have crystal balls for our lives.

Last edited by belovenow; 01-23-2015 at 10:43 AM..

Old 01-23-2015, 09:39 AM

971 posts, read 689,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
When it comes to dating whether a woman is on public assistance or not isn't even on my radar of things to look for or to look out for. I've dated a girl that was on foodstamps before and she would never ask me for money, ever. Not for a loan, not to help keep her cell phone on, nothing. We did a lot of my place or her place dates because I didn't want to make her feel bad by taking her out to eat all the time because I knew she couldn't afford to take turns paying for it and I knew she would feel bad if I always paid for it. Whenever I took her out she was always grateful and showed me appreciation for it. She was debt free and going through a tough spot during her life but making do. The fact she was on foodstamps was the furthest thing on my mind. I would have rather have dated her then a woman that made $75k+/year but felt entitled to having me pay for all the dates just because she has a vagina.

Now lets say I'm dating a fictious woman like the OP. She has her own house, car(s), decent job, never asks me for money, appreciates me as a man, we have great chemistry and physical attraction. Then I find out somehow she is on foodstamps. It would have absolutely no effect on my feelings for her.

It is a different story if a woman is on public assistance and views me as a subsidy to her public assistance, fook that.
Amen.
I don't care how much money a woman has, I have my own and can afford to pay for dates etc. What I care about is whether or not she is a nice person, has a good personality, not snotty, not hard to look at and I can talk to/relate to her. At my age, I prefer adult kids or at least teen age kids getting ready to leave the house. I have already raised two sets of kids and I don't want more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships