Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2015, 10:58 PM

619 posts, read 651,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I will start with my list.

1. They are broke after paying child support, alimony and all the debt from their marriages.

2. They have their kids every weekend and only want to date on week nights.

3. The number of their kids plus my kids, equals way to many kids for any sane person to deal with on a daily basis. If I wanted to manage that many kids, I would gone into education as a career.

I get up at 5 am every morning for work. By the time I get home, do homework, feed the kids and pets, the only drink I want is a cup of coffee on my couch, not to meet in a bar.

Seriously, I have two kids. If I meet a man with 2-6 kids (4-6 kids extremely common for some unknown reason), how will we ever buy a house to support such a large family? The men are to broke to contribute to that kind of expense.

Feel free to add to the list.
While I'm trying not to let your hypocritical list enrage me, I think it really truly shows what kind of person you are. I honestly, truly think you should add this to your dating profile on whatever sites you use. I really think you shouldn't hold who you are back, let the entirety of society really see you for who you are.

I'm sure the kind of men that you'll attract will be JUST what you're looking for or at least what you deserve.

Old 02-02-2015, 11:02 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcam213 View Post
It is NOT child support... it is PUBLIC ASSISTANCE. Stop being delusional. Stop pretending that you are doing so well financially. You are not! If you were, you income would not fall in the income level for the number of children you have. Either you are doing well and therefore you don't qualify or you are doing bad enough that the state has to step in and help you. YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.

and by the way... I made get flamed for this.... but DAMN!! You are the stereotypical welfare queen (well dressed woman with several children by absentee father, and driving a cadillac or other luxury car with a fine home, and yet collecting welfare) that politicians warn conservative voters... except the image that is imagine is either Black woman (like mysef) or a some other non white woman...... Not young, fit, attractive blond hair and blue eyes.

I find this comical, ironic and sad.
100% true. She is the stereotypical welfare queen and I'd love to see the faces of others when she pulls up in a fancy car with her food stamps.

Old 02-03-2015, 01:11 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,288,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
They will never find out if I never say anything.

Men see that i drive a nice car, own a nice house, buying a second one, have a decent job, travel alot, and have two kids.
This is such BS, as I write my check to the IRS for 34K and change, I read your thread and was reminded how my tax money gets spent..... Not sure how a person with their own home, with plans to buy another one, who drives a nice car, and travels, with two kids gets food stamps. Hmmmm, why would you get food stamps, since you don't need them? Just getting your's? Not sure why you feel entitled to get food stamps, when you own two homes and have anything better than a beater of a car...Your entitlement takes money from other services, services that could place a truly deserving mother and child into some form of shelter. ....You are either bs'ing everyone, or you have the knowledge to take advantage of the system. Since it's probably the later, I will call you out as a piece of sheet, who hustles the government, taking from those who are less fortunate....I guess you are one of those who I will see buying fillet mignon and live lobsters with that freshly loaded EBT card. smh and you are welcome. Saddest part is that you are probably training your kids to be just like mom. how wack

Last edited by vigueur2014; 02-03-2015 at 01:20 AM..

Old 02-03-2015, 09:28 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigueur2014 View Post
This is such BS, as I write my check to the IRS for 34K and change, I read your thread and was reminded how my tax money gets spent..... Not sure how a person with their own home, with plans to buy another one, who drives a nice car, and travels, with two kids gets food stamps. Hmmmm, why would you get food stamps, since you don't need them? Just getting your's? Not sure why you feel entitled to get food stamps, when you own two homes and have anything better than a beater of a car...Your entitlement takes money from other services, services that could place a truly deserving mother and child into some form of shelter. ....You are either bs'ing everyone, or you have the knowledge to take advantage of the system. Since it's probably the later, I will call you out as a piece of sheet, who hustles the government, taking from those who are less fortunate....I guess you are one of those who I will see buying fillet mignon and live lobsters with that freshly loaded EBT card. smh and you are welcome. Saddest part is that you are probably training your kids to be just like mom. how wack

Two houses and two cars for one adult. Lets just be on target here.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:46 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
I didn't read through this whole thread, but OP, you missed a VERY obvious thing on your 3-point list...the kids' real mother will still always be in the picture (unless she's dead), so more than likely, she's going to be a b---- to you because you're the other woman in her kids' father's life.

I'm so, so, so glad my SO & I don't have kids from other relationships & if I wasn't dating the man I'm dating now, I wouldn't want to date any men with kids & at my age, that's going to be pretty much impossible that someone my age range won't have kids. At my age, kids are usually teenagers.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:26 AM

718 posts, read 615,586 times
I don't really have much to comment on the OP, just because this isn't anything that I would be familiar with. BUT I will say something that seems prevalent in this thread.

Dear taxpayers,

How about the deadbeat baby daddy that doesn't like paying for his children? I mean, why are we just crucifying the woman for giving birth to those public assistance burdens, as you all seem to think? It's takes two to tango!

But seriously, I get the frustration in feeling like your being smooched by the system -- but c'mon! If those dads' (and even mothers) stepped up and started taking care of their kids, your money wouldn't be going there. So don't put the blame solely on the individual acquiring the assistance. All in all -- someone should be helping financially with her children. Should it be taxpayers or the baby daddy? We all know the answer to that question!

So is it really the mothers' fault or the loser who thinks he too good to take care of his kids?

~Food for thought~

Old 02-03-2015, 10:37 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
Yes it's the mom's fault as they can choose whether or not to have the kid and with whom to have a kid with. The child support system is set up to take a percentage of the non custodial parent's income, so if that person makes $1K a month they will pay $200/mo., but if they make $10K/mo. they will pay $2K/mo. If they don't pay CS they can't drive, hold a professional license, and have to go to jail until the past due amount is paid. Receiving child support doesn't preclude someone from qualifying for welfare.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:40 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,031,299 times
I am always saying if you fix the child support system, the welfare system will autocorrect....

The problem is that they do not do enough to these dead beat dads. The amount owed to me is staggering! Like you could go buy a brand new car of the lot and still have money left over...

I go to the local child support office every single week. What they do and what they should do is totally different things.

They should zap every cent from his paycheck to forward to me. Instead they allow him to go deeper in arrears every single month by several thousand dollars.

The system infuriates me. And you really dont want to know what loopholes I have been jumping through for years, trying to get support from a dead man. My daugter will most likely be in college before we see a cent, if we ever do see any money. I gave up hoping.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:43 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyga View Post
I don't really have much to comment on the OP, just because this isn't anything that I would be familiar with. BUT I will say something that seems prevalent in this thread.

Dear taxpayers,

How about the deadbeat baby daddy that doesn't like paying for his children? I mean, why are we just crucifying the woman for giving birth to those public assistance burdens, as you all seem to think? It's takes two to tango!

But seriously, I get the frustration in feeling like your being smooched by the system -- but c'mon! If those dads' (and even mothers) stepped up and started taking care of their kids, your money wouldn't be going there. So don't put the blame solely on the individual acquiring the assistance. All in all -- someone should be helping financially with her children. Should it be taxpayers or the baby daddy? We all know the answer to that question!

So is it really the mothers' fault or the loser who thinks he too good to take care of his kids?

~Food for thought~

Sure, that's a big deal. How about something similar. If you're broke, or a low earner, don't freaking procreate. Pregnancy is EASY to avoid. Very easy.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:44 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,031,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
If they don't pay CS they can't drive, hold a professional license, and have to go to jail until the past due amount is paid. Receiving child support doesn't preclude someone from qualifying for welfare.
It is funny you actually believe this...

And yes child support is included in income when they calculate welfare. I would not qualify if I got the court ordered amount I am supposed to receive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships