Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 12:11 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
How so? I am not broke, living paycheck to paycheck. I also get babysitters at least once a week to go out. I just want to do so on the weekends and not week nights when I have to get up so early.

I have not yet talked to one single dad that was in as good of shape as I am financially. They may be out there, but I have not come across any yet.
I'm perplexed. How is this coming up so soon on a date? I can see disclosing generalities, but not specifics.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-24-2014, 12:18 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
So, they were taking even more public assistance than you? You must be attracting some serious losers.
I am referring to the fact they do not have money, are strapped for cash and can't actually afford to date.

Old 12-24-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm perplexed. How is this coming up so soon on a date? I can see disclosing generalities, but not specifics.
Oh they tell this stuff through text or on the phone before even scheduling dates.

I had a guy tell me last night his exact car payment, his salary, that he has been married three times already, sexually molested as a teen, has been suicidal and in a state institution several times.

So yes, I generally find they tell me way to much information.

Old 12-24-2014, 12:50 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Oh they tell this stuff through text or on the phone before even scheduling dates.

I had a guy tell me last night his exact car payment, his salary, that he has been married three times already, sexually molested as a teen, has been suicidal and in a state institution several times.

So yes, I generally find they tell me way to much information.
Well, at least he warned you upfront so you can take a pass. Though he doesn't necessarily have money problems, but problem problems.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-24-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Well, at least he warned you upfront so you can take a pass. Though he doesn't necessarily have money problems, but problem problems.
Agreed. I am passing on him. His money issues were the least of the problems.

Old 12-24-2014, 01:07 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
The phrase "scum of the earth" would have been uttered three or four times by now.
Has "Sugar Daddy" been mentioned ? Not read the whole thread.

Old 12-24-2014, 01:09 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
I am referring to the fact they do not have money, are strapped for cash and can't actually afford to date.

Well at least they aren't on welfare when they don't need to be. That is preferable to what you're doing.

Old 12-24-2014, 01:14 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,254,094 times
Quote:
How so? I am not broke, living paycheck to paycheck. I also get babysitters at least once a week to go out. I just want to do so on the weekends and not week nights when I have to get up so early.

I have not yet talked to one single dad that was in as good of shape as I am financially. They may be out there, but I have not come across any yet.
1. You are broke. You can't support your kids, so you are on public assistance.

2. You have you kids all the time because it sounds like dad(s) are not in their life.

3. The number of their kids plus my kids, equals way to many kids for any sane person to deal with. . . . perhaps you should have thought about this as you were having them.

Why don't you get alimony/child support? Much preferable (to the rest of us) than food stamps and Medicaid.

Old 12-24-2014, 01:36 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post

2. You have you kids all the time because it sounds like dad(s) are not in their life.

3. The number of their kids plus my kids, equals way to many kids for any sane person to deal with. . . . perhaps you should have thought about this as you were having them.

Why don't you get alimony/child support? Much preferable (to the rest of us) than food stamps and Medicaid.
I agree!
Op , You need to be financially stable before you get into a serious relationship.
You are calling the kettle black when you are broke.
You need to focus on your children and providing for them not on dating.

Old 12-24-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post

I am not broke. I get assistance because I qualify for it.

I had two kids because that is the number I felt completed my family. Unfortunately my sons father decided he did not want to remain part of said family.

I have tried to collect child support. Just because I say I want it, does not mean it will magically appear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships