Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2014, 03:46 PM

109 posts, read 82,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Right. So my question to you is: now what?

Why are you here? Why do we bother responding thoughtfully? Where do we go from here?

I don't know

This thread has had some really good advice but it's also been a source of very intense frustration for me. To see 2 or 3 more guys come in and say that they consistently get signs of interest from women they're attracted to drives me absolutely insane beyond insane

I mean I'm very happy that these guys are finding success but the fact that I don't even stumble into the occasional opportunity with a girl who is attracted to me drives me crazy

Old 12-25-2014, 03:50 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
OP, do you go to car shows? Sometimes women go to car shows to see if there are guys to flirt with/try to pick up.

Old 12-25-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
OP, do you go to car shows? Sometimes women go to car shows to see if there are guys to flirt with/try to pick up.

lmao

Decent looking women don't go anywhere to pick up guys. Decent looking women are beating off men with a stick left and right. They're more likely to go to places to avoid being hit on men than anything else

Old 12-25-2014, 04:07 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DierksBentley View Post
lmao

Decent looking women don't go anywhere to pick up guys. Decent looking women are beating off men with a stick left and right. They're more likely to go to places to avoid being hit on men than anything else
Serious cluelessness, dude. But it sounds like you're not here to get a clue. You keep rejecting the clues people try to give you. You hold on to your delusions, not sure why, considering your views aren't working for you. There's not much left to say.

Old 12-25-2014, 04:10 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
That's not true

All I've asked for is the natural opportunities that everybody else gets. Nothing more or less
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post

I tried. If you were confident, outgoing, out around people all the time, good looking, fit, weren't holding onto any negative beliefs about women being into you (which you are, but I digress), were genuine, nice, etc etc etc. This wouldn't be an issue.

The only way I can see this all being true with your results (aka 0 results) is because you refuse to ask a girl out unless she rips off her panties and throws them at you as a sign of interest, or you are bloody awful at reading girls interest in you.
tofur is right. girls are not just going to come up to you and ask you out. you are going to have to go after them. its like going to a football try out, and expecting to make the team without doing any work..

remember audacity, audacity, always audacity. you have to make the effort. step up and go after what you want. you may not always get it, but unless you put forth the effort, you will never get it.

Old 12-25-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
tofur is right. girls are not just going to come up to you and ask you out. you are going to have to go after them. its like going to a football try out, and expecting to make the team without doing any work..

remember audacity, audacity, always audacity. you have to make the effort. step up and go after what you want. you may not always get it, but unless you put forth the effort, you will never get it.

you think that when I use words like opportunity, I'm talking about a girl who comes up to you and asks you to marry her or something

an opportunity is a girl who thinks you're cute and would like you to talk to her. Obviously, you still have to be likable and do a great job interacting with her to get the date, but at least you got a chance

Old 12-25-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Serious cluelessness, dude. But it sounds like you're not here to get a clue. You keep rejecting the clues people try to give you. You hold on to your delusions, not sure why, considering your views aren't working for you. There's not much left to say.

delusions? I grew up with 2 sisters

They had to go out of their way to avoid male attention. They never ever went anywhere to talk to guys. That's absurd

Old 12-25-2014, 04:23 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
delusions? I grew up with 2 sisters

They had to go out of their way to avoid male attention. They never ever went anywhere to talk to guys. That's absurd
And you think all or most women are like your sisters, why, exactly?

Reality check. That type of woman is in the minority.

How did you come to have 2 sisters, anyway? You told us in this thread your sister was married and lived out of state. You've never told us you had 2 sisters. Where's your other sister? Why can't she set you up with dates?

Old 12-25-2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:
And you think all or most women are like your sisters, why, exactly?

Reality check. That type of woman is in the minority.

How did you come to have 2 sisters, anyway? You told us in this thread your sister was married and lived out of state. You've never told us you had 2 sisters. Where's your other sister? Why can't she set you up with dates?

the other sister is in Armenia. Both of them are stunning. My whole family is beautiful

Both of them are about 7-10 years older. The one that's in the other state, she never did set me up with any of her friends. Why? Honestly I don't know. We get along great and I love her dearly so that's definitely not it

Old 12-25-2014, 04:29 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
you think that when I use words like opportunity, I'm talking about a girl who comes up to you and asks you to marry her or something

an opportunity is a girl who thinks you're cute and would like you to talk to her. Obviously, you still have to be likable and do a great job interacting with her to get the date, but at least you got a chance
are you serious? you have to make your own opportunities. girls are not just going to come up to you, you have to go to them. you have to show an interest in them. remember for the girls it is a buyers market, so you have to make your case, not them having to make theirs.

my last girlfriend, i picked her up at the airport to bring her to the place where she would be working for the season, let me chase her. but i had to start by showing an interest in her, and making her feel comfortable around me. if she didnt feel comfortable around me, or if i didnt show any interest in dating her, i never would have had her let me chase her.

if there is a girl you are attracted to, approach her, talk to her, buy her a drink, get to know her. treat her with respect and dignity. then show her a little of your wild side. make her laugh, even if it is at you. self deprecating humor is great for getting women to fell comfortable around you. if you can laugh at yourself, while getting others to laugh at you, it really makes you look good in their eyes. it tells them that you dont take yourself seriously all the time, that you have a good sense of humor.

but again, they are not going to know this unless you go after them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships