Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2014, 04:42 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There's truth to this. Also, I don't know why anyone would assume that all the women on OLD are messaging the same few guys.

OKC had years ago published some data showing how widely women were messaged, but it was a tiny number of the men that were messaged, percentage wise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

1,165 posts, read 1,220,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I know. I really can't understand it. I can't imagine looking at the world around me and deciding to believe that every woman that is with a man that isn't a clone of a supermodel must have settled and isn't really attracted to her husband. I can't imagine decided to believe any of this stuff. And the only person that they are hurting is themselves. You carry around that much negativity and it rubs off on your life.
I can't imagine thinking that either. I don't think that and that's not what I said.

What I said is that these men grow on the women because these women realize, either consciously or subconsciously, that they can't do any better looks-wise. So they learn to love what they can get.

Also, I'm not hurting myself. I'm able to date pretty easily when I put effort in. But I don't find most women to be of the quality that I'm looking for (and I'm looking for qualities other than looks, such as kindness, warmth, generosity, etc).

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
I don't blame women, personally. I blame society. Our society simply encourages entitlement among women and does not produce as many marriage-minded, quality women that will make good mothers.

But this is a topic for another thread...
Just because you're not able to find them, doesn't mean society isn't producing them, or is producing less of them than before. There are tons of women out there who are marriage-minded and would make good mothers. They're just not interested in you.

Once you resolve your depression and other issues, dating will get easier for you.

Old 12-25-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
OKC had years ago published some data showing how widely women were messaged, but it was a tiny number of the men that were messaged, percentage wise.

Thus, proving my point.

Old 12-25-2014, 04:45 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:

Thus, proving my point.
Your point that most women don't message men, it's the men who message women? That's all that proves.

Old 12-25-2014, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Just because you're not able to find them, doesn't mean society isn't producing them, or is producing less of them than before. There are tons of women out there who are marriage-minded and would make good mothers. They're just not interested in you.

Once you resolve your depression and other issues, dating will get easier for you.
Again, just because we disagree does not mean that I'm unsuccessful in dating.

Just of curiosity, you critique others a lot, but are you yourself successful in dating?

Anyway, I'm able to date the vast majority of women that I'm interested in. However, they are usually not what I'm looking for once I get to know them. Maybe when I move to a better area with more professionals, this will change. Maybe not.

Don't bring my issues into this argument. They are actually mostly resolved now and I am feeling better than ever.

Old 12-25-2014, 04:46 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
I can't imagine thinking that either. I don't think that and that's not what I said.

What I said is that these men grow on the women because these women realize, either consciously or subconsciously, that they can't do any better looks-wise. So they learn to love what they can get.

Also, I'm not hurting myself. I'm able to date pretty easily when I put effort in. But I don't find most women to be of the quality that I'm looking for (and I'm looking for qualities other than looks, such as kindness, warmth, generosity, etc).
Why would you think that? I simply can't wrap my head around someone choosing to believe this. I've rarely been attracted to someone right away. I have to get to know someone before I'm attracted to them. This has nothing to do with thinking I can't do any better looks-wise. A witty, sexy sense of humor is not something that can be detected by just looking at a person. There is so much more to a person that just their outer shell. The more you get to know a person, the more attraction can grow. To blame it on lack of options is ridiculous.

You are hurting yourself. Negativity is toxic to happiness.

Old 12-25-2014, 04:48 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,410,406 times
people generally dont have a broad diverse taste in who they find attractive and whatnot

you can do a comparison of all the people you ran thru and you will notice some obvious similarities whether its facial features, build, etc

Old 12-25-2014, 04:49 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Don't men do the same thing though? Not every man can get his ideal woman.

Old 12-25-2014, 04:50 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Your point that most women don't message men, it's the men who message women? That's all that proves.

Actually it doesn't say that since it was about percentages.

It says a smaller set of men ever receive messages than the population of women that receive messages, irrespective of the volume. That's a separate issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
people generally dont have a broad diverse taste in who they find attractive and whatnot

you can do a comparison of all the people you ran thru and you will notice some obvious similarities whether its facial features, build, etc
True, but lots of times the people I find attractive in real life has nothing to do with my ideal. I just meet them, make a connection, and find them incredibly attractive. Generalities and ideals are fair to have, but real life throws lots of curve balls and chemistry just happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships