Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 08:17 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times

Advertisements

Meeting girls on FB is from friends of someone on your friends list. Not sending random private messages to girls you don't know because that is desperate and pathetic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 02:43 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times
How is Facebook even an avenue for dating?

Old 12-27-2014, 02:51 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoEagle View Post
How is Facebook even an avenue for dating?
It's a avenue for CREEPING

Old 12-27-2014, 02:53 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,606,006 times
I wouldn't want to date the type of woman who would date some random dude off of facebook.

Old 12-28-2014, 02:13 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,487,636 times
I tried this years ago (2006-7) totally does not work (if the message even gets through to them nowadays) they just ignore it, or think you are some sort of pathetic loser. I know it's rough buddy, fear of rejection and all that, but the only way to meet people is in real life and get over your fears.

Old 12-28-2014, 02:48 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
I tried this years ago (2006-7) totally does not work (if the message even gets through to them nowadays) they just ignore it, or think you are some sort of pathetic loser. I know it's rough buddy, fear of rejection and all that, but the only way to meet people is in real life and get over your fears.
These are the ways of meeting someone on FB

1. Being part of a FB group where you both share the same interest...sports/tv/etc

2. Commenting on a friend's post and a friend of that person is interested and wants to know about you

Randomly sending pm's or fb requests makes someone look slow and desperate

Old 12-29-2014, 03:26 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,494,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Take yourself off of the computer and put yourself out into the world and walk up to a woman you might be interested in taking out on a date and introduce yourself and start talking to her.
Or maybe, even better...fire her off a message asking her out somewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee18 View Post
It's extremely creepy to message someone you don't know on facebook to try to date them. I've had some and just ignore them.
You don't come across as too overly social, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakefromSerbia View Post
I suppose you didn't even read my first post,I gave 2 reasons why I don't do that,2.nd one is kind of avoidable,but first isn't.

@coffee18
How is it any weirder than an unknown stranger randomly starting to talk to you in the street and even weirder giving you a compliment right away? People who don't reply are kind of jerks,except if someone twice as old or something like that wants to meet you. And it is only weird on facebook,I know at least 4 or 5 sites where people generally meet each other and that's more or less the whole point of the sites,but unfortunately very little people use those sites. (I don't mean dating sites)
Keep in mind, this is the USA and it's not what you have been told it was back in its heyday. Everyone else on the Internet is a creep in the mind of your average mentally ill woman. What is normal social interaction in Europe, where I assume you are from, does not work here in the USA. I completely understand why this may mystify you, but it is what it is. Cat women galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You have no idea if they would be perfect for you.

No it's NOT a good idea. Get out into the world.
Which is the idea. Derp. Or should OP waste time canvassing neighborhoods and knocking on doors? Would that be better? Oh, that's right. That's also creepy. But, he got "out into the world"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
Get off the computer and learn to hit on women "in real life". It'll improve your personality by increasing your overall confidence which will carry over into other aspects of your life.
He can do all of that after they meet up. Stop making this more difficult than it should be. Geez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I assume any strange men who message me randomly on FB are Nigerian scammers. I report all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Meeting girls on FB is from friends of someone on your friends list. Not sending random private messages to girls you don't know because that is desperate and pathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
It's a avenue for CREEPING
See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
I wouldn't want to date the type of woman who would date some random dude off of facebook.
Admittedly, I don't take up Facebook for dating myself, but you seriously can't get out much to believe that you can be that picky with women. Especially when many women you may even consider dating probably have tons of orbiters liking every one of their half naked IG or FB pics.

Last edited by AlfredB1979; 12-29-2014 at 03:40 AM..

Old 12-29-2014, 04:45 AM

619 posts, read 651,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee18 View Post
It's extremely creepy to message someone you don't know on facebook to try to date them. I've had some and just ignore them.
I get them and I generally make a bet on how long it will take to ask me to either cyber or ask for nude pics. If they don't, then I take the chance on a new friend.

More often than not, they're friends of friends or they've seen me make a comment that they liked and want to get to know me better. I take it as a compliment in either regard and figure that we already have something in common (they think I'm awesome, I think I'm awesome...a stable foundation for any friendship).

Old 12-29-2014, 05:41 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,408,008 times
based on some posts here i read from american youth this is what you're supposed to do

1) see a girl in person (3D)

2) find out who they are either by "talking to them" or stalking+sleuthing them

3) immediately grab your smartphone or jump on the nearest puter and *friend* them

it appears that you missed 2 critical steps

if you're in serbia, im pretty sure there is some similar courtship ritual

Old 12-29-2014, 01:29 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
Or maybe, even better...fire her off a message asking her out somewhere?

You don't come across as too overly social, anyway.

Keep in mind, this is the USA and it's not what you have been told it was back in its heyday. Everyone else on the Internet is a creep in the mind of your average mentally ill woman. What is normal social interaction in Europe, where I assume you are from, does not work here in the USA. I completely understand why this may mystify you, but it is what it is. Cat women galore!

Which is the idea. Derp. Or should OP waste time canvassing neighborhoods and knocking on doors? Would that be better? Oh, that's right. That's also creepy. But, he got "out into the world"...

He can do all of that after they meet up. Stop making this more difficult than it should be. Geez.

See above.

Admittedly, I don't take up Facebook for dating myself, but you seriously can't get out much to believe that you can be that picky with women. Especially when many women you may even consider dating probably have tons of orbiters liking every one of their half naked IG or FB pics.

what's crazy about meeting a girl on FB who is a friend of someone on your Friends list?????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships