Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 12:46 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,894,600 times

Advertisements

Okay, while each person is different, let's be real. When you ask a woman out on a date do you pay attention to where you take her for dinner? Do you consider the restaurant with the best food? Do you consider the cheapest place you can go?

My thought/rule: You can not suggest restaurants below the level of the woman you are dating. So if she can afford to dine at nice restaurants with quality food, you can't suggest Applebee's as an option.

What are your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 12:50 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
My thoughts are these, you cite an awful lot of rules in your threads. Who made you the grand ruler of relationships and dating?

Old 12-27-2014, 12:51 PM

22,565 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Overthinking....

and there are no rules about that.

Old 12-27-2014, 01:28 PM

251 posts, read 299,528 times
She goes wherever I take her. I'm open to suggestions, but if it's to expensive either we split the bill or we're not going. I don't go by "You can not suggest restaurants below the level of the woman you are dating. So if she can afford to dine at nice restaurants with quality food, you can't suggest Applebee's as an option."

Old 12-27-2014, 01:38 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post
When you ask a woman out on a date do you pay attention to where you take her for dinner?
Like not taking a vegetarian to Outback for a steak?

Quote:
Do you consider the restaurant with the best food?
And noise level and lighting and how good their drinks are.

Quote:
You can not suggest restaurants below the level of the woman you are dating.
What are your thoughts?
That you don't get many second dates.

Old 12-27-2014, 01:50 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Okay, while each person is different, let's be real. When you ask a woman out on a date do you pay attention to where you take her for dinner? Do you consider the restaurant with the best food? Do you consider the cheapest place you can go?

My thought/rule: You can not suggest restaurants below the level of the woman you are dating. So if she can afford to dine at nice restaurants with quality food, you can't suggest Applebee's as an option.

What are your thoughts?

Wrong, you can take her anywhere.

If she turns her nose up, she's a b*tch anyways.

Old 12-27-2014, 01:59 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:

What are your thoughts?
I never liked rules.

Im interested in the person, not the place.

Last edited by artemis agrotera; 12-27-2014 at 03:20 PM..

Old 12-27-2014, 03:15 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,606,006 times
Quote:

What are your thoughts?

A generic chain like Applebees is never an option for me..But I'll take a woman (who can afford all the fine dining and quality food she wants) to a taco truck if that's the kind of date we're having.

(Hanging out, eating tacos from a truck sounds like a better date than some lame ass fine dining experience.)

Old 12-27-2014, 03:27 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
My rule is to stay under $40-50 for the total bill.

Old 12-27-2014, 03:33 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,332,598 times
Quote:

What are your thoughts?
How does one assess the 'level of the woman' he is going on a date with? How does one determine which restaurants are acceptable for the level of woman?

Personally, I make suggestions based on my experiences, location (mutually convenient), places either one of us may be interested in visiting, etc. I do not go for the absolute cheapest, though I do regret the couple times I ended up somewhere that was on the high end (neither date went that well and neither ended up in a 2nd date, so it wasn't worth the expense).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships