Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 11:13 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,126 times

Advertisements

Here's the way I see it. I don't date women who like a lot of attention from random guys. They are usually extroverted, but don't need to be the center of attention. They don't dye their hair blonde and don't have fake boobs. They're also usually very trustworthy. Therefore, I don't have a reason to be jealous unless I see a guy actively pursuing and she seems to be open to it, which has never happened in front of me. But as others have mentioned, it is important to stake a claim so its obvious she's with me. I do that, but not in an overbearing, clingy way. I've never had an issue with jealousy or dated a woman who it bothered that I wasn't jealous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 11:17 AM

102,219 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valsteele View Post
Like pride, i think jealousy is something people should feel in extreme moderation, but I do think a certain amount is healthy. If I had a girlfriend who wasn't jealous AT ALL, I might think she didn't even care about our relationship. Though then again I guess if your relationship is super secure such feelings may not even be necessary.

What do you think? Is jealousy like cholesterol, in that a moderate amount of it is healthy?
It sounds like you require a certain amount of drama in your relationships. Most people can live without that. People who measure how much their SO cares about them by the presence or absence of jealousy are asking for drama.

Old 12-28-2014, 11:19 AM

39,221 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Mind games get old fast. Try NOT to MAKE somebody jealous if you want to keep them.

Old 12-28-2014, 11:21 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Mind games get old fast. Try NOT to MAKE somebody jealous if you want to keep them.
Those that play the game of purposely trying to make their partner jealous are playing with fire.

It's immature and counter-productive to a stable loving relationship

Old 12-28-2014, 11:26 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,432,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valsteele View Post
Like pride, i think jealousy is something people should feel in extreme moderation, but I do think a certain amount is healthy. If I had a girlfriend who wasn't jealous AT ALL, I might think she didn't even care about our relationship. Though then again I guess if your relationship is super secure such feelings may not even be necessary.

What do you think? Is jealousy like cholesterol, in that a moderate amount of it is healthy?
Yes. If my lover felt no jealousy at the thought of my being with someone else, it wouldn't make me feel too good. I would think they didn't find me worthy enough. Jealousy can be healthy when it comes to love. Love is all about being wanted and wanting someone else, and that means keeping your lover for yourself and not sharing them anyone else.

Old 12-28-2014, 11:26 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,928 times
women want to see some level of jealousy out of their man or else they are uneasy

they will even concoct something so that they get a reaction

best to just "play along" every so often to ease her mind

i know one thing is that i never pay attention to phone play, read texts and other nonsense like that...

Old 12-28-2014, 11:27 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
women want to see some level of jealousy out of their man or else they are uneasy

they will even concoct something so that they get a reaction

best to just "play along" every so often to ease her mind

i know one thing is that i never pay attention to phone play, read texts and other nonsense like that...
Uh, no.

Not grown women anyway.

Old 12-28-2014, 12:04 PM

530 posts, read 902,337 times
Idk, I'm a woman, but I'm not typically the jealous type nor do I care much if the person I am dating gets jealous. On the other hand I have been accused of not caring and even had someone end a relationship with me because of this. So I have actually thought maybe going fwd I could periodically act a little jealous and that really bothers me because it seem so silly, but if its a need somebody has I guess every now and then I could do it. I don't know. I'm on the fence about it.

Old 12-28-2014, 12:06 PM

102,219 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Those that play the game of purposely trying to make their partner jealous are playing with fire.

It's immature and counter-productive to a stable loving relationship
Someone who does that may well end up without a partner. Some people walk at the sign of that type of petty, manipulative cr@p.

Old 12-28-2014, 12:08 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,603 times
Healthy or not, I've had more than one woman break up with me because she felt that I wasn't jealous "enough". Sometimes this manifested itself in a bigger form, like simply having an uncaring disposition, but sometimes it was as simple as "she wanted me to be jealous of her from time to time".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships