Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 06:32 PM

192 posts, read 177,950 times

Advertisements

I've heard it from friends: If she's interested, she'll get in touch. But there are so many variables.

Current situation is - met a girl on-line. Messages and phone call were great. Told her I'd call again to set something up. Called on Tuesday and have not heard back. Maybe it's the Holidays. Who knows? But I am thinking of adopting a "Never Follow-Up" policy. If she is a good person, she won't flake. Otherwise, she's not worth it. Anyone have an opinion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 06:35 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by returning_to_dating View Post
I've heard it from friends: If she's interested, she'll get in touch. But there are so many variables.

Current situation is - met a girl on-line. Messages and phone call were great. Told her I'd call again to set something up. Called on Tuesday and have not heard back. Maybe it's the Holidays. Who knows? But I am thinking of adopting a "Never Follow-Up" policy. If she is a good person, she won't flake. Otherwise, she's not worth it. Anyone have an opinion?
When it comes to online dating, lots of people are flaky. Follow up if you want to. Otherwise, don't.

Old 12-27-2014, 06:52 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,125 times
Quote:

I am not particularly fond of the 'if she's interested, she'll get in touch' approach to dating (though many people seem to employ it). You're correct that there are many variables including estimating worth based on cost (read: playing hard to get).

If it were me (and I really did enjoy previous interactions with this person), I'd text or call and leave a VM before calling it quits. Either approach takes very little time and you're still a long ways away from becoming a story, coming off as desperate/clingy, etc.

GL!

Old 12-27-2014, 07:42 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
I think people need to be respect others by either returning their call or just flat out say they are no longer interested.

If this guy calls again then he could be labeled as needy and stalkerish.

Old 12-27-2014, 07:56 PM

833 posts, read 657,431 times
OP don't bother following up. If she is into you she will and if she doesn't then well it is what it is.

Old 12-27-2014, 08:40 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
I forgive flaking because I'm a huge culprit and usually happy if they cancel a date on me. I'll reschedule no problem, if it seems reasonable.

I won't deal with delayed responses to text messages or minimal contact.

Just gotta do what works for you and what you're comfortable with.

Old 12-27-2014, 08:45 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,578 times
Quote:

Women don't always get back to you if they're interested. I've been in situations where I wrote a girl off after she didn't text or call me back. She ended up being extremely interested.

I think women just like to play games and test men to see how serious they are, which is obviously ridiculous, but it happens often in my experience.

If you really like this girl, go for it. If you're just lukewarm or only want something casual, drop it.

Old 12-27-2014, 08:49 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,887,329 times
Quote:

I would not say Never. Maybe she lost your number? accidentally deleted your message before she listened to it? Got insecure because she had a pimple? You never know. If you are interested in her, give her a second call. Remember, women are often taught NOT to call guys back but sit and wait. It can be agonizing, so just call her again, then take it like a man if she isn't interested.

Old 12-27-2014, 08:51 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
I would not say Never. Maybe she lost your number? accidentally deleted your message before she listened to it? Got insecure because she had a pimple? You never know. If you are interested in her, give her a second call. Remember, women are often taught NOT to call guys back but sit and wait. It can be agonizing, so just call her again, then take it like a man if she isn't interested.
OP, please don't buy into this male shaming language.

Old 12-27-2014, 11:46 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,207,802 times
I do it twice. One for the follow up since im interested and the second one just in case she didn't "get my call" But from my understanding in the world of online dating, after the first call, have your eye open for other women since people are notoriously flakey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships