Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 01:16 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberated View Post
This is my point exactly. Why put up the age range when age doesn't matter to you, but attraction does? The woman immediately won't engage or dismisses you because she sees that she's not in your preferred range. She doesn't want to waste time.
but a person can be flexible when it comes to age if they are attracted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 01:46 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
This requirements are like job listings. They're an ideal wish list. Nothing more.

Old 12-28-2014, 01:57 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
Quote:
I do get this preference thing and people are more than welcome to state it, but really, why would they who state the preference, contact someone outside of the preference?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Theyre preferences, not minimum requirements.
Because it needed to be reiterated.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:52 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,499,830 times
Quote:
I do get this preference thing and people are more than welcome to state it, but really, why would they who state the preference, contact someone outside of the preference?

I'm 5'5", btw, and was contacted by said guy who is 5'9" and who stated his preference is for women under 5'4".

His answer when I questioned him about it was that he wears dress shoes (with a one inch heel) all the time and so we are still a good fit. I just shake my head...
That's interesting, because most of what I see is 5'3" women wanting 6'+ guys because they wear 6" heels. Maybe he's seen that as well and just threw in the towel.

Old 12-29-2014, 02:46 PM

174 posts, read 230,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
That's interesting, because most of what I see is 5'3" women wanting 6'+ guys because they wear 6" heels. Maybe he's seen that as well and just threw in the towel.
maybe but I'm not sure. Then this person should only be contacting women in his preferred range.

But when a person sees that they are outside the range, like me, they won't bother to respond, it's really a waste of time and I have other people who are interested in me. These people are closing the door when really they should keep their options open and not specify a preference or a requirement.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:53 PM

116 posts, read 144,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wilson C. View Post
It takes a special man to go for ridiculously tall women. Many/most excessively tall men don't even go for six footer PLUS women.
Not true, I'm 6'3 and I would love to date a woman that is taller then me. Or even shorter then me because size/age shouldn't be the issue when love is all that counts. Plus, I dated a woman that was 3 foot and people were judging us and we didn't care. She committed suicide fourteen years ago and I am still shaken up over it. People need to "Don't judge and just love" which is one of my poems.

Last edited by Jman2012; 01-01-2015 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: needed to take an e out of we

Old 01-01-2015, 07:14 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:

I'm 5'5", btw, and was contacted by said guy who is 5'9" and who stated his preference is for women under 5'4".

His answer when I questioned him about it was that he wears dress shoes (with a one inch heel) all the time and so we are still a good fit. I just shake my head...
1" inch?!? You questioned the dude on 1"?

Who the heck pulls out rulers or tape measures on a date? Do you really think your being 1" inch taller than his "preference" would be all that obvious?

I'm glad my husband ignored my "preferences" and was persistent.

Old 01-01-2015, 08:09 PM

174 posts, read 230,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
1" inch?!? You questioned the dude on 1"?

Who the heck pulls out rulers or tape measures on a date? Do you really think your being 1" inch taller than his "preference" would be all that obvious?

I'm glad my husband ignored my "preferences" and was persistent.
I certainly don't care about the 1", actually I have dated guys shorter than my 5'5"... he's the one who cares as he's the one who states a preference yet contacts me... and unlike your lucky husband, he's not persistent.

And I did see later that he removed his preference.

Old 01-01-2015, 09:01 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
I certainly don't care about the 1", actually I have dated guys shorter than my 5'5"... he's the one who cares as he's the one who states a preference yet contacts me... and unlike your lucky husband, he's not persistent.

And I did see later that he removed his preference.

You don't seem to understand the definition of preference. As others here have stated, preference is not the same as a requirement.

Old 01-02-2015, 12:41 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
The Importerswife is correct. For example, I preferred a man slightly taller but he is shorter and it doesn't bother. It's not a requirement like a few things, such as he had to be childless or be religious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships