Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 04:14 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,309,882 times

Advertisements

Nope, I don't believe that CD is full of hot women or hot men. I do, however, believe most of us are reasonably attractive, and people are naturally friendly. It does not offend me when guys speak or smile. As long as they are nice, I am nice too. I also don't believe that everyone that speaks to me or starts up a conversation or even flirts is after my body. Some guys just are naturally flirty, and that is ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 04:18 PM

543 posts, read 999,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I think a lot of people think they are being hit on when someone just says "hi"
No, I know the difference. I even provided examples of the stuff some dudes had said to me in the presence of my child.

Here is a previous post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_jay26 View Post

I had a guy coming to me asking me if I had a boyfriend. Then I had another one (Indian or ME, probably) telling me he'd marry me and would provide for me and my son. He said he worked as a software developer.
Those are beyond a simple "hi".

Old 09-15-2015, 04:39 PM

195 posts, read 139,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I see many women wear yoga pants. I believe the women who wear them want attention.
Women who wear yoga pants aren't looking for attention they're incredibly comfortable and perfect to work out in and for casual wear. Guys who say they're looking for attention are just the ones who can't have them.

OP, you must just be a beautiful woman. Sleazy guys don't care if you're with your child.

Old 09-15-2015, 05:25 PM

61,632 posts, read 86,981,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I see many women wear yoga pants. I believe the women who wear them want attention.
It depends on the yoga pants. There are all kinds, and we don't know the ones OP was wearing. However, google "wearing yoga pants in public" (https://goo.gl/w9W4dC), and see the responses.
Most are not flattering, and there are articles about things that will definitely happen when you are wearing yoga pants in the public, reasons why NOT to wear leggings or yoga pants in the public, why they are inappropriate and where.
If you can clearly see any private bodily crevices through your yoga pants, your pants are either too small or too thin. The slim fit, hugging tights are not appropriate to wear outside the gym, unless you want attention. Period!
Clothes do communicate something about who you are, intentional or not, fair or not. And yoga pants in public are judged and associated with stay-at-home moms wanting attention.

Old 09-15-2015, 05:37 PM

231 posts, read 201,753 times
If you don't like men hitting on you in public, put a paper bag over your face.

Old 09-15-2015, 05:56 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,548,756 times
Some random guy showed you some 'unwanted' attention while out with your child, and it was on your mind enough to run here and post about it, under the guise of complaining.

You liked the attention and this is undercover bragging (self-ego stroking).

There will come a day when you'd give your pinky finger for some male acknowledgement.

Old 09-15-2015, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollandnim View Post
Women who wear yoga pants aren't looking for attention they're incredibly comfortable and perfect to work out in and for casual wear. Guys who say they're looking for attention are just the ones who can't have them.

OP, you must just be a beautiful woman. Sleazy guys don't care if you're with your child.
Spoken like a defensive, attention-seeking yoga pants-wearing woman.

Old 09-15-2015, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
Some random guy showed you some 'unwanted' attention while out with your child, and it was on your mind enough to run here and post about it, under the guise of complaining.

You liked the attention and this is undercover bragging (self-ego stroking).

There will come a day when you'd give your pinky finger for some male acknowledgement.
You make it sound like that Amy Schumer skit with her walking past construction workers..."want some of this? No? What about this?" ..."we're eating."

Doesn't sound to me like OP is bragging at all and I doubt she'd give her pinky finger for some gross, classless guy to be all over her while she's with her child.

Old 09-15-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
Spoken like a defensive, attention-seeking yoga pants-wearing woman.
Bob, you're just highlighting yourself as the type of man who can't get one. Make yourself less easy to detect next time!

Old 09-15-2015, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollandnim View Post
Bob, you're just highlighting yourself as the type of man who can't get one. Make yourself less easy to detect next time!
I've burned you. As the old folks used to say, 'toss a stone into a pack of dogs and the one that hollers is the one who got hit'.

Go wear your yoga pants to Wal-Mart and get some good feelings going about yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships