Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 07:28 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times

Advertisements

Do some people think the morning after pill is just a rumor or a joke?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2014, 07:37 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Women screw themselves in life. Whirlwind romances and playing house with strangers and "accidently" getting pregnant...I don't even blame the guys anymore.

If you want the child plan on the single mother life and for gods sake DO NOT move in with any guy ever again. I don't care how in love you think you are, or how desperate for housing you are, don't be THAT person.

Maybe this guy will come around and decide to chuck his old life and go forward with you and the baby, who knows. Don't hold your breath though.
Totally agree with you, great post that sums it up nicely.

Old 12-31-2014, 07:38 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Do some people think the morning after pill is just a rumor or a joke?
Pfft!!! I just spit up my coffee!!!

Old 12-31-2014, 07:45 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,993,273 times
You gave too much, too soon, and now you are a sad statistic. Sorry. Consider it a hard lesson learned. Move out, and if you have the baby, make sure you secure legal child support for the baby.

Old 12-31-2014, 07:56 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
You gave too much, too soon, and now you are a sad statistic. Sorry. Consider it a hard lesson learned. Move out, and if you have the baby, make sure you secure legal child support for the baby.
I pretty much agree..... way too much way too soon.

Old 12-31-2014, 08:05 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Here is what I think, for what its worth.

First, I assume you're both in your early 20s. He still has some aching need to be desired because, while he has tons of friends, it feels good to know you're wanted. Many of us, men and women, have that need. It doesn't mean we always fill it. It doesn't mean we complete it.

I think your man needs to see a counselor. I think he needs to talk through this with a professional, and he will come out a better man on the other side. I don't believe, like so many bitter hens on this board, you should instantly end it.

Now, you. You seem to think you have no problems or issues. That is not true. There is something you are, or are not doing that leads into this behavior. First and foremost know that you can only make yourself change, yourself happy, and be yourself. If this man makes you happy, stand by him, work to better yourself for him, and help him through his struggle.

I have encountered no marriage, not one, where there hasn't been a similar story to yours in it. Usually this happens multiple times. Life is not a fairy tale. Generally when someone says "oh but my relationship isn't like that" they do not know it happened. Infidelity is not uncommon.

Honestly, you two should see a couples therapist, and he should see one individually. He certainly can't go on having an emotional affair. But if you love him, if you want this man, then its time to knuckle down and do the hard work. If you feel like, there is no reason, that you don't want to try, that its time to walk away, then do it and do not hesitate. Its your life, just know that no relationship is perfect, and those that think theirs is, are delusional.

Old 12-31-2014, 08:11 AM

468 posts, read 483,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I assume you're both in your early 20s. .
Don't know how old is Ms. OP man, but Ms. OP herself said she is is in her 30s
And her profile picture said she is 32

What ever you decided to you, I wish you good luck.
Hope you work it out with the child's daddy. And Happy New Year to you

Old 12-31-2014, 08:11 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I'm sorry, but based on the facts as presented, to just say "end it" or "it's over" at this time is wrong. SO many more factors go into relationship issues. It appears thus far that sure, he may be going overboard as to what you (the OP) believes to be proper (I also feel the nude picture is just plain wrong), and that your definition of cheating may be different than his. And until proven otherwise, there hasn't been any physical cheating.

Maybe he knew you'd be upset because he knows how you feel about it even though he thinks she's just a friend and nothing is going on between them. Of course that, from a communication standpoint is wrong. Maybe his idea of what can be done in a friendship (especially of the opposite sex) isn't your approach. But to just assume he will emotionally detach himself from you and your child to be is jumping the gun.

Before a plug is pulled, especially with a baby on the way, some deep talk and/or counseling should be encountered before any finality of the relationship happens. You shouldn't just pull the plug on one incident, especially if there isn't patterned behavior over a lengthy period of time.
This advice is excellent. I second it.

Old 12-31-2014, 10:39 AM

1,540 posts, read 1,125,269 times
[quote=Memphis1979;37833228]Here is what I think, for what its worth.
There is something you are, or are not doing that leads into this behavior.

Please tell me you are not blaming her for his immature behavior????

Old 12-31-2014, 03:15 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,079,579 times
Welcome to the world of being a single woman with a child.

No reason you cannot flourish.

Make sure you get child support payments agreed, in writing, if not signed off from the court, at least prepared by a contract/family law lawyer, from the ex. Do Not believe any "verbal promises" in this regard.

Do Not under any circumstances (promises...) go back to this serial cheater. Twice is enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships