Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 04:45 PM

116 posts, read 179,807 times

Advertisements

Hi, this in reference to my previous post "Did I do the right thing? or was it stupid?", I will call him "Nate". Me and Nate haven't spoken because Nate said I was "unattractive", and he was "never attracted" to me, "psycho" etc etc. It was ugly. I ended the friendship, and I haven't spoken to him since. Well me and some of my cousins went to this bar called "Cheers", and I invited my guy friend Luke. Nate never goes to that bar, and that is why I wanted to go there, and what do you know? Nate was there.

I was surprised! He didn't say one word to me, but he kept staring at my guy friend Luke. Luke doesn't know him at all, and Luke kept looking at his direction, and saying to me "Hey that guy keeps looking at me! What is his deal?" I said "Oh just ignore him." Well Nate was subtly looking at me, but he kept staring at Luke to the point where Luke was about to go up to him and say something. I refused to actually look Nate in the eye. So, I left. I left because I couldn't stand to have Nate in my presence. I wonder why he was staring at Luke? What do you think? If it's jealousy...well I thought I was "unattractive", so why does it matter to him? Hmm...maybe it's something else? Would like to hear some opinions, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 05:24 PM

22,572 posts, read 47,641,955 times
Love at first sight....

Old 12-29-2014, 05:26 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,920,589 times
You know we can't answer that.

Old 12-29-2014, 05:26 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,189,703 times
Well, he could be gay, or a bisexual and found your friend attractive.

If not that, maybe he was hoping to get your attention, since you stopped talking to him.

He could very well be jealous. However, being jealous doesn't automatically mean he likes you. I speak from experience that in my younger days, there were guys who liked me, that I had no interest in at all. But I was always a bit jealous when they moved on. not because I wanted to date them, or even found them attractive, but because I missed the attention, and was flattered at the feeling.

Sounds like games and drama you may want to avoid. So, just ignoring him as best you can may be good.

But, this is just an opinion off what you wrote. So, I don't know for sure either.

Old 12-29-2014, 05:35 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,842,460 times
If you were just friends with Nate, why did he say he was never attracted to you? What does attraction have to do with friendship? Sounds like maybe he was miffed that you had him in the friend zone. So yeah, he was jealous of Luke.

Old 12-29-2014, 05:48 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,282,587 times
You left because Nate was in your presence? You need to control your space - you were there with a friend, so not sure why Nate being there bothered you enough to leave. Own your space. Do you still have feelings for him (other then intense hatred)?

Old 12-29-2014, 05:56 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarOpposite View Post
Hi, this in reference to my previous post "Did I do the right thing? or was it stupid?", I will call him "Nate". Me and Nate haven't spoken because Nate said I was "unattractive", and he was "never attracted" to me, "psycho" etc etc. It was ugly. I ended the friendship, and I haven't spoken to him since. Well me and some of my cousins went to this bar called "Cheers", and I invited my guy friend Luke. Nate never goes to that bar, and that is why I wanted to go there, and what do you know? Nate was there.

I was surprised! He didn't say one word to me, but he kept staring at my guy friend Luke. Luke doesn't know him at all, and Luke kept looking at his direction, and saying to me "Hey that guy keeps looking at me! What is his deal?" I said "Oh just ignore him." Well Nate was subtly looking at me, but he kept staring at Luke to the point where Luke was about to go up to him and say something. I refused to actually look Nate in the eye. So, I left. I left because I couldn't stand to have Nate in my presence. I wonder why he was staring at Luke? What do you think? If it's jealousy...well I thought I was "unattractive", so why does it matter to him? Hmm...maybe it's something else? Would like to hear some opinions, thanks!
Maybe Nate is gay and just found Luke very attractive

Old 12-29-2014, 05:58 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,991,973 times
It depends. Was Luke next to you when nate was looking at him? He could have actually been looking at you and was disguising his glances at luke for actually checking you out.

Or he could just be gay and looking to ride his balogna pony. You never know until you ask.

Old 12-29-2014, 06:01 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,226,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarOpposite View Post

When you saw Nate there why didn't you just leave and go somewhere else instead of staying and inviting more dramatics that are completely unnecessary?
You appear to thrive on dramatics and I believe if you would take yourself out of situations like this you would have a much easier life and less stressful.

As far as the reason why Nate was staring at Luke, Nate would be the only one who knows that answer so ask him or forget about the incident and move on.

Old 12-29-2014, 06:05 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,768,238 times
I saw this on Mad TV years ago. This clip reminds me of this thread.

http://youtu.be/CblkAI0_AAw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships