Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 11:57 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,913,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
A serious alcoholic once told me that you avoid hangovers by staying drunk......

That was a mantra in Wisconsin. "You can't get a hangover if you never stop drinking".

Lost 30# when I moved away from there!

Old 01-02-2015, 12:01 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,335,412 times
Doesn't look like the OP has said anything with regards to whether or not he had used protection. Everyone here seems to think that he did not. Maybe she "said" she was on BC? Maybe the condom failed?

This situation right here is exactly why, at 21, I went out and got the snip... there's no win-win for anyone in this situation. Prepare to be SOL!

Old 01-02-2015, 12:05 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,913,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
Doesn't look like the OP has said anything with regards to whether or not he had used protection. Everyone here seems to think that he did not. Maybe she "said" she was on BC? Maybe the condom failed?

This situation right here is exactly why, at 21, I went out and got the snip... there's no win-win for anyone in this situation. Prepare to be SOL!

Maybe, but unlikely. Condoms fail rarely if used right (I've had two tear (and you can feel it)) in 25 years and you put another on. And if she said she is on BC, as a dude, are you going to trust that? If you're that dumb, well sheet. Use a condom anyway, especially outside of a committed relationship. BC doesn't protect you from a bunch of things condoms do.

Old 01-02-2015, 12:07 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,335,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Maybe, but unlikely. Condoms fail rarely if used right (I've had two tear (and you can feel it)) in 25 years and you put another on. And if she said she is on BC, as a dude, are you going to trust that? If you're that dumb, well sheet. Use a condom anyway, especially outside of a committed relationship. BC doesn't protect you from a bunch of things condoms do.
I agree and it is probably the case that he didn't use protection and if the latter was the case then he would be an idiot for believing her.

Not saying that it wasn't the case... but harping on him about not using protection before hand is a damning assumption as well.

Old 01-02-2015, 12:09 PM

52,153 posts, read 52,602,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
That was a mantra in Wisconsin. "You can't get a hangover if you never stop drinking".

Lost 30# when I moved away from there!
Yeah, the booze packs it on.... I likes me my wine and I know that it's not helping the waistline.

Old 01-02-2015, 12:10 PM

7,990 posts, read 5,376,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress30 View Post

What can I do to get her to do it as quickly as possible? The legal limit is just around the corner here.
Nothing.

I warn my sons all the time about being sure to wear a condom. You have no power under these circumstances.

Time to man up.

Old 01-02-2015, 12:18 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,880,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress30 View Post
I had a casual relationship with a woman.
We would meet on occasion, have a good time, she would spend a few nights in my house
but that was it. No commitment.
It was at THIS time to have had the adult conversations about birth control measures (and STD's too)
and from these discussions to get a sense of each other about attitudes toward outcomes like this.

Quote:
Well, she's 10 weeks pregnant.
What can I do to get her to do it as quickly as possible?
That ship has sailed. Focus on adoption.

Old 01-02-2015, 12:59 PM

9 posts, read 10,543 times
Thanks everyone for the replies.

I called her and insisted with her to have the abortion. We met later to talk again and she said that she was going to do it next week. She says this child would turn her life upside down and that I was right, there was no point in bringing a child to this world in such circumstances.

I'll go with her to he clinic once again.

Old 01-02-2015, 01:00 PM

15,701 posts, read 17,030,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post

Hope you don't mind my asking, but did you have a hard time finding a doctor who would sterilize you? Did you have any children at the time?

I know for a fact that it would be very hard, if not impossible, for a young woman of 21 years to find a doctor who would agree to sterilize her, even if she already had a child or two.

Old 01-02-2015, 01:02 PM

52,153 posts, read 52,602,847 times
Jeez.... what a nightmare situation. I'm not against abortion, I just hate to see it being used so callously.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships