Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 11:32 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,769,668 times

Advertisements

Just wondering how many people date just because they figure it's better to look when they're younger than when they're older.

I'm not much of a serial dater and I have attachment issues so what I do is I'll be in dating mode but be super picky, date a few guys and get attached to one, go out for a couple of months, get my heart broken and not date for the next few months at all and then go back to the same cycle. Sometimes I feel like I should date just because I can right now due to my age, attractiveness, and no responsibilities even if I'm not really in the mood for it. I should probably be more open to meeting new guys but I tend to flake off dates and that's rude so I don't try anymore. I just don't understand how it seems like people my age can date so many different people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2015, 11:39 PM

722 posts, read 1,327,477 times
from what I hear, it seems most people date for sex? lots of people on this forum say they expect sex by the third date?

I think young people dating lots of people must have lots of sexual relations? partners?

if thats how it is these days then I definitely wouldnt be interested in the type of women that dates a lot, that would mean they must have multiple sexual partners

a big turn off to me

Old 01-01-2015, 11:43 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green papaya View Post
from what I hear, it seems most people date for sex? lots of people on this forum say they expect sex by the third date?

I think young people dating lots of people must have lots of sexual relations? partners?

if thats how it is these days then I definitely wouldnt be interested in the type of women that dates a lot, that would mean they must have multiple sexual partners

a big turn off to me
You can't make a blanket assumption about everyone in a certain age range.

Old 01-01-2015, 11:48 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,769,668 times
Quote:

a big turn off to me
Actually, this is probably a huge reason I get flaky about dates. It seems a lot of people who go on dates with me will expect sex soon so that puts pressure on me. if I'm not interested I break it off after the first date or I just don't go if I'm not attracted.

Old 01-05-2015, 12:08 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,411,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
Actually, this is probably a huge reason I get flaky about dates. It seems a lot of people who go on dates with me will expect sex soon so that puts pressure on me. if I'm not interested I break it off after the first date or I just don't go if I'm not attracted.
+1. Also a huge reason why I get cold feet for dating.

And, I know at my age people are saying "Well you're reaching your shelf life."

That's when I say "Eff you and your friggin shelf life."

So is it a societal assumption to have people frantically search while they're young just because their so called "golden age" of dating will be over? If anything, women who are in their early 20s who are seeking to date men their age are also at risk for running into those who are just in it for sex as with women at any age.

Old 01-05-2015, 12:32 AM

619 posts, read 651,539 times
I'm not young and I enjoy dating.

Old 01-05-2015, 02:13 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,300,978 times
Dating has been a struggle for me since I'm young. But I have had some success.

Old 01-05-2015, 03:12 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,030,584 times
Quote:

a big turn off to me
I have met 32 men since August and have not had sex with any of them.

Old 01-05-2015, 03:20 AM

619 posts, read 651,539 times
Quote:
People date for all sorts of reasons. If I wanted sex, I'd go and get sex, I certainly don't need to date for it. Dating is more a ritual to seek people who desire companionship.

Quote:
Wrong.

Old 01-05-2015, 03:27 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,987,260 times
I'd date to find someone for a LTR, or at least possibly making friends. Hopefully have a good time for at least that night maybe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships