Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 10:55 AM

1,235 posts, read 1,768,707 times

Advertisements

I had a first date with a woman I met online. I am not a huge fan of online dating. This was my first time trying it in nearly two years.

When we met I think we were both pleasantly surprised with the physical chemistry. She looked as good (or better) than her photos. And she told me I looked better in person (I am not photogenic). I am not gonna lie...I think this girl is really hot, physically. Unfortunately, she thinks so too! Why, why, why must some people be like this. She seems intelligent and interested in the world....but there is this overly conceited part of her that is a big turn off.

The cocktails were flowing for both of us and this probably helped in the beginning but made things worse as we did shots and drank more. We both went donwnstairs to another part of the bar and she just went off for some reason. I think it had something to do with the drink I ordered for her or did not order for her. She proceeded to tell me that she was such hot stuff that plenty of other guys at the bar were offering to buy her a drink when she made a solo trip to the bathroom. Then she said something about her being a challenge and that I may not be up to it. Basically she challenged me to leave. So I took her up on her offer and left the bar. We came separately so I was not leaving her stranded or anything.

About an hour after I left she texted me, "Hey where did you disappear to?"

This was last night. I have not responded nor do I intend to. Unless someone on C-D makes a compelling argument for it? Basically, I consider myself a gentlemen and drama free. There is just no need for these type of antics when getting to know someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2015, 11:00 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,857 times
I think you did the right thing. Don't bother responding to her. I wish you luck finding drama-free normal people in the online dating world.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:02 AM

881 posts, read 2,253,057 times
Oh my! This is one of those situations women should probably follow Patti Stanger 2 drink maximum. Although at least you found out and don't have to see her ever again.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:03 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
I agree with you and I would have left as well. If she has so many men knocking down her door why is she doing online dating?

Keep moving forward and leave this one behind with the message "I know things won't work out between us, have a nice life".

Old 01-04-2015, 11:06 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,929,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLegal View Post
I had a first date with a woman I met online.
For future reference... don't go out on a date until after you have done a meet.
And actually liked the experience.

And don't call what appears to have been a meet, to her at least, a date.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:06 AM

52,211 posts, read 52,636,749 times
She sounds like too much work for me. Send her a polite text to let her know its not a match and move on. It could just be the cocktails talking is why she acted that way, but still, too much drama for me.

Especially the letting you know how many guys are into her part, major turn off.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:11 AM

894 posts, read 1,049,971 times
Well at least now you know why she's single!

She sounds like a high maintenance soul-sucker. Be grateful you dodged a bullet. Dating sucks, but you'll find the right one eventually.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
For future reference... don't go out on a date until after you have done a meet.
And actually liked the experience.

And don't call what appears to have been a meet, to her at least, a date.
Yes, I agree. I usually do it this way...a quick coffee or drink (not drinks). Unfortunately, I let her talk me into meeting the first time on a Saturday night. Oh well, lesson learned.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:12 AM

766 posts, read 1,657,875 times
She sounds insecure. Why people you other guys were hitting on her?? I think the appropriate thing still would've been to tell her you were leaving. The fact that she text you asking where you went definitely says insecure. If a guy just left me at the bar I would've told you where you could go.

And I agree with the two drink max!!

Old 01-04-2015, 11:13 AM

Thank you all for the replies. I appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships