Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 06:26 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I'm not a shy individual, but I do have an issue with patience dealing with the dating game. I get weary quick with the game of it all..
OK, then why did you start a thread here asking how to get dates, where to meet women? Why did you say art classes, dance classes and workshops were all great ideas? It sounds like you're eager to break into the dating game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 06:28 PM

13,654 posts, read 9,714,475 times
There are two implacably opposing camps, with unbridgeable divide. One asserts that women are "everywhere", and can be innocently accosted in grocery stores and other venues of workaday tasks. The other says that no reasonable woman would wish to be importuned by a stranger's advances, that people are busy and prefer to be left alone. Instead of stating that one camp is right, and one is wrong, I wish to simply point out that neither can be won over by the other's arguments. Those who think that such casual meetings are possible and can lead to substantive relationships, will give short shrift to the deniers and skeptics. Meanwhile, the skeptics have made a few desultory attempts, have failed each time, and have zero reason to suppose that their next foray will be any more successful.

Old 01-02-2015, 06:44 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OK, then why did you start a thread here asking how to get dates, where to meet women? Why did you say art classes, dance classes and workshops were all great ideas? It sounds like you're eager to break into the dating game.
I'm interested in meeting girls that are looking to date... Not interested in attempting to hit on the cute girl in the grocery store in attempts to get a number only to find she's in a relationship or whatever.

Old 01-02-2015, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
There are two implacably opposing camps, with unbridgeable divide. One asserts that women are "everywhere", and can be innocently accosted in grocery stores and other venues of workaday tasks. The other says that no reasonable woman would wish to be importuned by a stranger's advances, that people are busy and prefer to be left alone. Instead of stating that one camp is right, and one is wrong, I wish to simply point out that neither can be won over by the other's arguments. Those who think that such casual meetings are possible and can lead to substantive relationships, will give short shrift to the deniers and skeptics. Meanwhile, the skeptics have made a few desultory attempts, have failed each time, and have zero reason to suppose that their next foray will be any more successful.
Nice post.. we live in a society where unwanted advances can quickly can become a sexual harassment case.. oh well what can you do.

Discuss the ripeness of bananas with the attractive lady beside you

Old 01-02-2015, 06:49 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I'm interested in meeting girls that are looking to date... Not interested in attempting to hit on the cute girl in the grocery store in attempts to get a number only to find she's in a relationship or whatever.
I was in walmart yesterday doing some grocery shopping with family and got major action from two ladies.

Eye contact, smile, etc.

One even stopped to chit chat with me and my family.

I was minding my own business. Didn't even see them coming.

You are shooting yourself in the foot by completely ruling out meeting women in the grocery store.

In the words of my mentor....ALWAYS BE READY. ALWAYS BE PREPARED.

Last edited by usamathman; 01-02-2015 at 07:00 PM..

Old 01-02-2015, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Are you kidding? Our local Whole Foods was voted Best Place To Meet Someone of the Opposite Sex one year, and the local Borders Books was voted that the next year. Coffee shops and teahouses also are great places for that. One of our members here dated a guy for awhile who approached her in the grocery store yogurt aisle, asking for a brand recommendation. This is how it's done. One way it's done, anyway. I've seen it happen, and it's happened to me. You're missing out.
Apparently I need to work on my game at the grocery store..

lawsuit is pending lol

Old 01-02-2015, 06:50 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
its easy. get a hobby, a job (you already got that) and shave and shower.
the line will form outside your door.
stop wasting time and money at bars and bothering people trying to do their work.

Old 01-02-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
I was in walmart doing some Christmas shopping with family and got major action from two ladies.

Eye contact, smile, etc.

One even stopped to chit chat with me and my family.

You would be shooting yourself in the foot to completely rule out meeting women in the grocery store.

In the words of my mentor....ALWAYS BE READY. ALWAYS BE PREPARED.
Maybe I'll just start making it a point to pursue woman at Walmart and the grocery store just for the fun of it.

Old 01-02-2015, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
its easy. get a hobby, a job (you already got that) and shave and shower.
the line will form outside your door.
stop wasting time and money at bars and bothering people trying to do their work.
lol.. pretty funny.. nope I'm pretty sure it wouldn't.. but thank you for the rec..

Old 01-02-2015, 06:55 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,774,203 times
Yeah anywhere really if you're not afraid of rejection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships