Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 10:37 AM

251 posts, read 299,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by returning_to_dating View Post
Would anyone else be annoyed by this? Although probably trivial, I feel like it is pretty rude. There's obviously more to the story. But I kind of want to let her know I saw it and think it is rude. She broke up with me, deleted any picture of me from facebook, and is now using a picture I took of her from a vacation I took her on to attract other men. Doesn't seem right to me.
I get what you're sayin and why you would be bothered by it. It's a pic you took while dating so it has some sort of meaning. Even though she's using it to get other guys, in the end it's a picture of just her so she (nor I) see no problem in using it for whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2015, 10:43 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corijei View Post
I get what you're sayin and why you would be bothered by it. It's a pic you took while dating so it has some sort of meaning. Even though she's using it to get other guys, in the end it's a picture of just her so she (nor I) see no problem in using it for whatever.
It isn't the picture he's upset about. He's torqued because she broke up with him and his ego hasn't recovered. They didn't even date for 4 months yet he has such anger that he's stalking her dating profile and is looking for ways to lash out to get back at her for dumping him.

Old 01-03-2015, 11:39 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
It isn't the picture he's upset about. He's torqued because she broke up with him and his ego hasn't recovered. They didn't even date for 4 months yet he has such anger that he's stalking her dating profile and is looking for ways to lash out to get back at her for dumping him.
Plus, he says he didn't really like her.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-03-2015, 11:40 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Plus, he says he didn't really like her.
I missed that part. Makes this post even stranger.

Actually I take that back, makes perfect sense. Upset to be dumped by someone you didn't even like, good fodder for a therapy session.

Old 01-03-2015, 01:28 PM

2,156 posts, read 3,332,775 times
You get offended too easily. Move on.

Old 01-03-2015, 07:24 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,675 times
actually, i can see how this can be a little bit of a kick in the gut. i broke up with my boyfriend over a year ago. we both ended up in online dating in the months that followed the break up. i saw his profile and he used a few pictures that i took of him in his profile. places that we went together, things that we did together. i admit it did sting a little to see those pictures being used to attract other women. so i do understand what you are saying and how you are feeling. he doesn't normally take very good pictures and i am an amateur photographer, i think i am pretty good , and he did look good in those pictures. so yeah...again i understand. BUT! you need to let it go. do not say anything to her. just let it go. it will do no good to mention it to her. after a while it won't matter to you any more. trust me. i couldn't care less anymore if he uses every single picture that i ever took of him to attract another woman. they can have him.

best of luck to you.

Old 01-03-2015, 07:29 PM

oh...i just read the rest of the thread. i guess i spoke too soon? anyway, in a normal circumstance i can see how it would sting to see the picture being used. i need to go back and read more about the OP i guess.

Old 01-03-2015, 09:01 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I would never ever ever ever add a woman to my FB list who I am dating. lol I refuse to go through what the OP is going through after a tough break up
You know what I agree, if broken up it will cause problems.

Old 01-03-2015, 10:11 PM

now that i have gone and read this whole thread, not just skimmed through, and also went and poked around at some of your other threads. i am not sure why you are still stuck on this woman. i think it must be what others have pointed out, ego. she broke up with you and that hurt a lot and you are having a hard time letting it end like that. it seems to me that if you two were to get back together, you would probably then eventually break up with her so that it would feel better for you to end in that way, instead of her being the one to leave you. let this one go. learn from the short relationship that you had and move on. there is someone out there for you. maybe you need to relax a little and just concentrate on work and friends and family. you seem very driven to find "someone". relax! enjoy life! she will come!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships