Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 10:18 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,848,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Wow that's freaking crazy. Is this from younger guys or any age range? Because I'm in my 40s and I wouldn't dream iof walking up to a woman and calling her names or cuss her out for not giving me a phone number.
It probably skews a little younger. Maybe under 35. But I have seen older men do other things. Maybe I haven't been cursed out. But weird stuff has happened. The worst curser looked older than me, so this could have but him anywhere from 30-45. Age unknown.

I find the men older than me can be a bit more presumptuous. There is this weird age range, lets call it late 40s and up, where some men assume that it only takes $$ to woo a "younger" woman. They just lead with what they can buy you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2015, 10:20 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,848,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Or when you say you're married and they say "So, doesn't matter to me..." /gag
Yup! You are like crap! After that happened a few times I tried the lesbian excuse. That was a bust too. Then the sketchy ones would say you just "need a real man to turn you straight." Ugh.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:55 PM

48,513 posts, read 34,790,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Yup! You are like crap! After that happened a few times I tried the lesbian excuse. That was a bust too. Then the sketchy ones would say you just "need a real man to turn you straight." Ugh.
That's just MORE motivation.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-04-2015, 10:59 PM

619 posts, read 651,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That's just MORE motivation.
LOL-exactly. The moment you mention to some "already horny" males that you're a lesbian, it's not a deterrent...it's an invitation for a threesome.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:12 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,845,553 times
Quote:
It probably skews a little younger. Maybe under 35. But I have seen older men do other things. Maybe I haven't been cursed out. But weird stuff has happened. The worst curser looked older than me, so this could have but him anywhere from 30-45. Age unknown.

I find the men older than me can be a bit more presumptuous. There is this weird age range, lets call it late 40s and up, where some men assume that it only takes $$ to woo a "younger" woman. They just lead with what they can buy you!
Dirty old white guy wanted me have a chocolate experience with me . I went into my purse looking like I was going call the police and he fled.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:17 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,135,642 times
Quote:
Gotta be brave and tell the creeps straight up to get away from you. If that doesnt work you tell them why you arent attractive to them so they know to stop trying. Bald, out of shape, too old, whatever. Most of them should have walked away by then. You'd have lottery odds to run into a guy that attacks you in front of everyone. If that doesnt work, then you get the bouncer or leave the club. Being too nice to guys like that is what gets you into more trouble, and makes them want to try harder. They are there to convince you that you should sleep with them, they will try alot of bold things. If you insist on going to these places, you have to be bitchy.

Old 01-05-2015, 12:53 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,207,222 times
But to add to this topic, some females play hard to get. By doing this, i can see where the confusion may happen. Some women don't know how to be mature and express themselves by being honest. I hate people being indirect with me, but then again, I learned how to deal with it.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:11 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,274,827 times
No need to make up stories about having a boyfriend or being married. You simply tell him politely you are not interested. If he persists you tell him he is making you uncomfortable and will call security. He still doesn't get it? Wave your hand at the security and tell him to help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizo916 View Post
But to add to this topic, some females play hard to get. By doing this, i can see where the confusion may happen. Some women don't know how to be mature and express themselves by being honest. I hate people being indirect with me, but then again, I learned how to deal with it.
Then don't play her "hard to get" game. She says no to play that immature game, let her go unless you want to be with an immature girl. Keep your head up and move on if someone said no to you.

Old 01-05-2015, 11:14 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,393,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
No need to make up stories about having a boyfriend or being married. You simply tell him politely you are not interested. If he persists you tell him he is making you uncomfortable and will call security. He still doesn't get it? Wave your hand at the security and tell him to help you.
In my past experience, when I told a man I wasn't interested (regardless of why), they almost always persisted and insisted "How would I know unless I gave them a chance?!" And yeah, guys can get pushy, especially when they have a bit of liquid courage in them. In my opinion, it's just easier to say you're spoken for even though they may dispute it. I found that I could excuse myself/walk away from the guy without him being angry or upset, whereas Jade pointed out, guys can get angry when you say you're not interested.

I can only speak for myself and in my mind, I wasn't out to be mean or let anyone down. It was easier for me to be apologetic, but kind by saying I'm taken. Some guys saw right through it and would still give me their number anyway. Growing up and even to this day, people were mean to me because of how I look (tall, etc..), so I guess I never wanted anybody else to feel that way about themselves just because I wasn't attracted to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships