Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 11:48 PM

286 posts, read 307,142 times

Advertisements

I was just at a local venue watching some bands, hoping some single women would be milling about, and was thinking that going out alone just isn't any fun anymore. I mean, I fly solo a lot and don't really mind it, but it'd be nice to have some friends to do social stuff with... make the single experience easier. Everyone's either hitched, moved away, baby laden, or mired into their sedentary lives. It isn't helping me find Ms. Right being the loner with no crew, you know. Any fix to this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2015, 11:56 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,998,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryborg View Post
I was just at a local venue watching some bands, hoping some single women would be milling about, and was thinking that going out alone just isn't any fun anymore. I mean, I fly solo a lot and don't really mind it, but it'd be nice to have some friends to do social stuff with... make the single experience easier. Everyone's either hitched, moved away, baby laden, or mired into their sedentary lives. It isn't helping me find Ms. Right being the loner with no crew, you know. Any fix to this?
Does your city have any sort of rec leagues of any sports?

Do you play hockey? Mens league can be good, drop in .

Join a gym? You can sometimes meet friends there over time.

Old 01-04-2015, 12:02 AM

62,045 posts, read 87,760,434 times
So... why don't you have any friends? Maybe you spend too much time on the computer and other gadgets?
Even those married, baby laden people have friends. What about work/school/gym/church/neighbors/sports/clubs/hobbies? Nada?
Then maybe you need to find out why?

Old 01-04-2015, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Does your city have any sort of rec leagues of any sports?

Do you play hockey? Mens league can be good, drop in .

Join a gym? You can sometimes meet friends there over time.
I play music, not sports, but like most 30+ professionals, don't have time to commit to it on a regular basis.

I'm in-and-out of the apartment gym three times a week to stay healthy and get it done. Gyms suck to meet people. It's earbuds, hydration, and jacking weight. Nothing more.

Last edited by Ryborg; 01-04-2015 at 12:16 AM..

Old 01-04-2015, 12:10 AM

619 posts, read 654,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryborg View Post
Probably. I play music, not sports, but like most 30+ professionals, don't have time to commit to it on a regular basis.
Check the want-ads for needed musicians. Most people over the age of 25 don't have time to commit to it 100%, but depending on the instrument, you might get someone to jam with ever so oten.

Old 01-04-2015, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
So... why don't you have any friends? Maybe you spend too much time on the computer and other gadgets?
Even those married, baby laden people have friends. What about work/school/gym/church/neighbors/sports/clubs/hobbies? Nada?
Then maybe you need to find out why?
My married friends have parties sometimes, full of married friends of theirs', and a few of us single dudes. I'm waaaaaaay past school. Gyms suck for anything but working out. Church? Atheist. Neighbors? No one talks to their neighbors in 2015... especially in an apartment. I don't even think I've seen them. Sports? Nope. I know one guy at work who still sports into adulthood and he's like 24. Hobbies? Love music. Try to catch shows. Rough meeting women there.

Old 01-04-2015, 12:17 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,155,321 times
Who goes out ALONE? When I am alone I am going to work, shopping, or on my way to a date. Why would anyone hang out in public with themselves? lol

When I go out to dinner, movies, events I am with family or friends

Old 01-04-2015, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna1343 View Post
Check the want-ads for needed musicians. Most people over the age of 25 don't have time to commit to it 100%, but depending on the instrument, you might get someone to jam with ever so oten.
"Want ads"? You mean Craigslist or music related forums, right? I may be over thirty, but I know it's not 1995.

Old 01-04-2015, 12:21 AM

1,165 posts, read 1,223,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Who goes out ALONE? When I am alone I am going to work, shopping, or on my way to a date. Why would anyone hang out in public with themselves? lol

I go out alone all the time. I never really thought anything of it until I came on here. I go out with friends too, but they're not always around.

Plenty of girls flirt with me when I'm alone.

Old 01-04-2015, 12:21 AM

619 posts, read 654,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post

I like taking myself out to dinner, movies, etc. It's better than waiting for someone else to become available if I'm in the mood to do it. My taste in foreign/Indie films is shared by no one that I know of and if they play it in town, it's best to go by myself rather than dragging someone else along. It's also common to find people dining alone with books or laptops here.

I appreciate the time I have with my friends, but I don't need them around to enjoy myself...I like my own company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships