Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 08:21 AM

715 posts, read 795,272 times

Advertisements

mine is when my mate asked out this girl for me(i didnt want him to) and she said she wouldnt go out with me because of the size of my ears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 08:29 AM

42,762 posts, read 53,002,021 times
Hahahaha......thanks you just made my day.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:49 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,337,111 times
When I caught my ex girlfriend having sex with another guy. Broke up with her almost a year ago. Heard she was pregnant now but idc.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:09 AM

2,947 posts, read 7,035,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk4894 View Post
mine is when my mate asked out this girl for me(i didnt want him to) and she said she wouldnt go out with me because of the size of my ears.
Better than the guy that was turned down for engagement because of the size of his .. .

(reference movie "Unhung Hero")

Old 01-10-2015, 11:35 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,320,404 times
After knowing a woman for 7 months and dating her for 5 weeks thereafter, I got kicked out of her house twice. The first time was shocking and disappointing; the second time was demoralizing and degrading. Between time one and time two, she said there were a number of things that had come up, confusing her into believing I should have been sent home. She hoped I would come back a third time after time two ,without any formal apology. She also called me someone else's name after a moment of intimacy. This occurred within a two week period. I told her the anger she contained was overwhelming and the disturbance she brought to a relationship to connect love with tossing someone out of her house was beyond my comprehension and ability to accommodate. Her confusion was her own and a private party, not something I would share again.

No, there were no precursors or signs this was imminent. I told her unceremoniously that she was dust in my rearview window, to lose my contact information, to never try to reach me, and while I would never ignore her socially, she would know I had no desire for any future meeting. That she listened to, among many other pleasantries that had to be repeated, relative to attention, care, support, and encouragement. She was sure we were made for each other.

<that's some funny stuff, I tell you>

Old 01-12-2015, 02:40 PM

10,929 posts, read 11,769,159 times
Has anyone had the sudden revelation that any (all?) of the bad relationship experiences you have had were - at least in part - because you had to bring yourself along?

Old 01-12-2015, 02:41 PM

102,330 posts, read 108,547,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk4894 View Post
That's not a relationship experience. That's kind of a non-date experience.

Old 01-13-2015, 12:31 AM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,137,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Has anyone had the sudden revelation that any (all?) of the bad relationship experiences you have had were - at least in part - because you had to bring yourself along?
No, because heaven forbid that we might not be as perfect as we think we are.

I must share though, the time that my ex-wife and I attended our first and last marital counseling session:

You see, when the counselor had the audacity to suggest that my wife at the time needed to address some deep seeded issues, she was out of there quicker than a blink of an eye.

Old 01-13-2015, 12:48 AM

766 posts, read 1,399,525 times
Short term dating relationship (less than 1 yr).... I was starting to sense the *tension* with him, but couldn't quite put my finger on it. I did an *online* criminal background check on him, leaning towards domestic violence, but there hadnt been *yet* any such issues.

The last thing I remember.... he was on top of me, with his hands around my throat, choking me until I passed out.... he kept repeating.... "smokers and liars are a crime equalivalent to murder, therefore smokers and liars deserve the death penalty" (BTW... he smokes Marlboro red 100's)

During the 3 days I laid in the hospital bed, the State's Attorney informed me of a longggg list of previous girlfriends, AND BOTH (2) ex-wives.... that all REFUSED to ever agree to charges against him, out of shear fear!

I was the 1st to press formal charges against him.

The gf after me, got helicoptered 100 miles away, and spent 2 wks in Intensive Care Unit. 5 yrs after that... he held a loaded gun to his adult son head.

Old 01-13-2015, 05:37 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,901,850 times
I remember a girlfriend when I was in my late twenties, I had been with her for three months and it was up to then fun , games and bliss , then one night I suspected something was wrong . After a serious session of lovemaking, I was hungry, and helped me to some ... yoghurt in the fridge (I was into athletics, not a beer or softdrinks drinker). When I got back to bed , I wanted to kiss her, she turned away telling me "I was stinking of yoghurt". I felt, rightly, it was a bad omen : and loo and behold, a few days later she dumped me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships