Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why did he break up with me?
Parent made him end it 2 40.00%
Not ready for a relationship 1 20.00%
Lost feelings/got bored of me 2 40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 07:13 PM

10 posts, read 8,416 times

Advertisements

1) We dated for 4 months, got to know each other over the course of a year
2) We're teens
3) His reason for dumping me was that he just wasn't ready for a relationship, but he said that we could still be friends
4) He seemed VERY INTO ME until one week prior to the break up, when he was a little less physically affectionate and didn't see me quite as often (but that could be because of parental intervention--see 9). When he was planning our last get-together (aka, when he dumped me), he seemed desperate to see me again (so either, he was DESPERATE TO DUMP ME or his parents were forcing him to ASAP)
5) Up until MINUTES before the break up he texted me ALL throughout the day (as he always did after we started dating) asking about my opinions, interests, what I was up to, giving me updates about his life, saying good night, etc.
6) I was recovering from surgery... so maybe he just texted all the time because he felt bad for me? We discussed many other things beyond how I was recovering though
7) He bought me flowers about a week before the break up due to my injury
8) He always kept up with doing me little favors/being a gentleman
9) One of his parents (who he is VERY close to/who he allows to control nearly his ENTIRE life) made it clear they did not like me.
10) He is very passive and aims to please his parents first and foremost
11) He is not a player (I was his first gf)

Do you think his parents made him dump me? Was he not ready for a relationship? Did he just lose attraction to me? Please be honest. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2015, 07:24 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
Its usually another girl. So, yes.. he got bored with you.

Old 01-17-2015, 07:34 PM

693 posts, read 705,521 times
I think he did it because of his parents. They seem to have a lot of control over him. Move on girl, it will only get worse if you stay with him. He needs to grow up. You did nothing wrong.

Old 01-17-2015, 07:48 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,391,475 times
Default He wasn't worthy

He obviously wasn't good enough for you. You're a beautiful young lady, with an incredible future ahead of you. He didn't deserve you. He was polite, but not very honest about how he felt or his commitment to you. He sent you flowers, but blindsided you by breaking up with you when he knew this would hurt your feelings. He basically sucker-punched you. But, if he's not ready, it's his prerogative to move on.

He wasn't mature enough or ready enough for a relationship with someone as good as you, so count your blessings. There is someone BETTER in store for you. That guy won't leaving you hanging like this, and he won't do anything to make you feel like you are not the center of his life.

It will takes some time to get over, but you will. Focus on the bad things about him that led to him leaving, and the good things about what's up ahead for you.

Old 01-18-2015, 12:24 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,791,304 times
With a name like Elsa, he thought he should "let it go." You are teenagers. Part of being a teen is being fickle. Learn from it and head towards your next adventure.

Old 01-18-2015, 02:44 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,280,880 times
What type of surgery? I almost had to have scoliosis surgery as a teen and the guy I was dating was super worried I would have a scar.

Anyways, no idea why he dumped you but from your post I can tell that you are a rational and logical person. Don't waste that intelligence on this one. Just enjoy the next one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships