Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 09:57 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,773,496 times

Advertisements

^yeah, I was surprised when he told me his longest relationship was 2 months. I'm his longest. I couldn't believe he had never been in a real relationship. Maybe he just never cared enough for one. I'm probably trying to milk it all I can and I'm finding out the source has been dry to begin with. I really thought those things (PDA, tenderness, etc.) are just standard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 10:01 AM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
Another FWB relationship bites the dust. Theres no rules as to what a "regular FWB" relationship is. Women tend to make these things far more complicated than they are to men. That guy got sex from you, and he was happy with that. Didnt want anymore. Thats what a FWB relationship is.

There is no problem with liking someone and then seeing someone else, or many someone elses. They are just seeing lots of people, its no big deal. Now when a guy is in love, its a whole different deal, and you will know it. But friends? No problem. He didnt seem to care.

One day women will realize there is little to no benefit for them in a FWB situation. You can't make a guy have feelings they don't have, other than the feeling they having in wanting the FWB relationship.
I hope so. Especially the younger generations. There is so much sacred sexual energy inside of a woman's spirit.. Its continued exploitation & degredation has caused so much chaos in this world..smh. Take your power back, ladies. Learn to +create+ with your King rather than be -destroyed- by a fool.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:07 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,152,762 times
Speaking from experience, when a guy says he doesn't want a relationship -- regardless of any actions which you may interpret to the contrary -- take him at his word. You would save yourself a lot of heartache if you had accepted this from the beginning. I have been there and i sucks, but I learned from it.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:06 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,670,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
Damn... it hurts. I have a hard time dating someone else if I find someone I like. I don't know how people can claim to like someone and then just see other people. I'm not getting any younger. I don't want to be with someone if there's no future. Then what's the point? When I broke up with him the first time, he didn't seem to care. He just said something like "okay, hit me up for coffee when you're around." So cold...
Yup, he's been telling you what kind of person he is since the beginning but due to your own desires, you still refuse to believe it.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:16 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Yup, he's been telling you what kind of person he is since the beginning but due to your own desires, you still refuse to believe it.
^^Exactly.

The more you continue texting him and keeping him around, the harder it will be to move on. Take control of your life. It's easier said than done but you have to start somewhere. It will all come to pass.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:24 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,773,496 times
Okay, I know, but why would he say stuff like "I love hanging out with you", "I was so happy when you called me back" (after I broke up with him the first time). I can't wrap my head around this. Is he just taking what he can get? When we were long distance he told he was at a coffee shop at night. I made a joke and asked if he was on a date and he sounded offended. His tone was what does it matter to you? I don't need to tell you anything. :*(*****

Old 01-22-2015, 12:44 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
Okay, I know, but why would he say stuff like "I love hanging out with you", "I was so happy when you called me back" (after I broke up with him the first time). I can't wrap my head around this. Is he just taking what he can get? When we were long distance he told he was at a coffee shop at night. I made a joke and asked if he was on a date and he sounded offended. His tone was what does it matter to you? I don't need to tell you anything. :*(*****
With the date comment, he probably was slightly offended, because he felt you were overstepping boundaries. It happens with some casual relations where one party will get possessive or clingy. So, he felt you were stepping into territory that didn't concern you since it was a casual affair, and a distance one at that. Because sadly, that is an issue. The possessive party genuinely doesn't want a relationship, but they don't want the other person on a date with someone, because it could cut into their sex time. being possessive or jealous doesn't always mean the party expressing such cares for you. Just means they may want you for their own convenience-like a toy they don't wanna share, and they want it to stay put until they are ready to play with it.

Not saying you were being possessive. But given the casual affair, when you commented on if it was a date, that could have been what he was thinking, and he was quick to remind you that he isn't your "boyfriend"-hate that word lol and him being on a date shouldn't be something you concern yourself with. And really, given how defensive that was, I wager he was on a date, and possibly meeting different women when you 2 aren't together.

Something I should warn you of is over thinking. when someone likes a person, they start to over analyze everything. And because they have feelings for a person, they start seeing what they want when said person shows any form of niceness. I have done that. I will find a guy attractive, and he was just being nice or was just naturally flirty, and I read too much into it, and ended up upset because they never asked me out, and/or had/got a girlfriend-and no, it wasn't me.

So I believe he was cordial. He probably did like to hear from you, and looked forward to the arrangement - a fling, but he didn't want a serious relationship with you, nor see you as a SO. In the end, you were a pal he liked to hang with, and sleep with. But far as having that boyfriend/girlfriend (ugh lol) deep bond, and dedication, not so much.

So, even after hearing some of his comments, I still say best to move on. Unless he said more concrete stuff like calling you a girlfriend, or that he loved you-big stuff. Otherwise, yeah, don't think too much on it.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:54 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,237,430 times
Stop over analyzing every word he says (which costs him nothing, and they will often say what they think you want to hear in order to get what they want) and analyze his actions. They are all that matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships