Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 11:13 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times

Advertisements

I'm not talking about meeting someone, deciding to get serious and then Googling. That makes sense and I always look them up online before getting serious. What I am talking about is meeting someone, never seeing them again then Googling them because of being curious.

I should explain better. Three years ago I was on Plenty of Fish and met a nice guy who at first seemed a perfect match. Like me he was never married and childless. He was looking for the one to get married and by coincidence at the mall they were having a bridal fair so we looked at it. He started talking about things like wedding cakes. It wasn't creepy, just matter of fact. We had a snack in the mall then walked around chatting. At the end we made plans to meet again but he emailed me to say he felt no chemistry. I really wasn't into him either but was going to give him another chance if he was interested. I thanked him for being honest and told him I felt the same way. We never spoke again.

Long story short I was bored and remembered his name. He apparently still isn't married but is in a relationship with a woman. She is actually several years older than him. No, I didn't friend him on Facebook or stalk him, just curious. In fact I was happy he found someone more to his liking. I've done this to several of the men I met that never went farther. No hard feelings just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2015, 11:25 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
I googled a woman I went on a 1st date with and found out she got married 6 months after we met in July of 2013 and now is divorced in 2015 with a new profile on POF.

Old 01-21-2015, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I googled a woman I met and found out she got married 6 months after she met me and now is divorced in 2015 and back on POF.
Things like that would make me question. I had several men I met who were desperate to marry and after they met me got married very soon afterwards. These guys were usually just looking for anyone to marry. How long ago did you meet her?

Old 01-21-2015, 11:28 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Things like that would make me question. I had several men I met who were desperate to marry and after they met me got married very soon afterwards. These guys were usually just looking for anyone to marry. How long ago did you meet her?
we met in dec of 2012 and she was married in July of 2013

Old 01-21-2015, 11:34 PM

That is sad and sounds like she wanted to marry anyone. That wasn't that long ago.

Old 01-21-2015, 11:46 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
That is sad and sounds like she wanted to marry anyone. That wasn't that long ago.
Maybe it's because of the dating site commercials promoting MARRIAGE

Old 01-21-2015, 11:50 PM

Yeah those make me question the sites. Then again I did online on a religious site with all of the success stories of people who got married within a year. I have to wonder how many will end up divorced within a few years. Especially since most are long distance relationships.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:01 AM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,079,020 times
Not really the same but......

.....while I was going through my divorce last year I kept track via the interwebby how our little case was progressing. There's a waiting period and certain steps are taken here in AZ. (like anywhere else, I'm sure)

Normally I would type in my name while using the court's website, but as the divorce decree stated, my soon to be ex-wife was to change back to her maiden name.

So.....I typed in HER name once to see if she complied.

Oh.

Both of her previous divorces were documented there.

And her second divorce was final 6 weeks before we met.

Double Oh.

She told me when we first met that her divorce was one year prior.

If I knew that at the time, there's a good chance we wouldn't have married.

Folks, check...double check.....triple check EVERYTHING about the person you're about to share a "lifelong" commitment with.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Not really the same but......

.....while I was going through my divorce last year I kept track via the interwebby how our little case was progressing. There's a waiting period and certain steps are taken here in AZ. (like anywhere else, I'm sure)

Normally I would type in my name while using the court's website, but as the divorce decree stated, my soon to be ex-wife was to change back to her maiden name.

So.....I typed in HER name once to see if she complied.

Oh.

Both of her previous divorces were documented there.

And her second divorce was final 6 weeks before we met.

Double Oh.

She told me when we first met that her divorce was one year prior.

If I knew that at the time, there's a good chance we wouldn't have married.

Folks, check...double check.....triple check EVERYTHING about the person you're about to share a "lifelong" commitment with.
Agreed. I mentioned before but one of the guys I was going to meet gave me bad vibes. I looked him up and saw he was a sex offender! Before I started dating my boyfriend I looked him up and found a lot of things, such as the fact he's been arrested before (most were misdemeanors and most happened many years ago). Another guy I was dating I Googled to find out he was married and another one had been married and divorced with a kid but claimed he was never married.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:47 AM

1,080 posts, read 1,191,325 times
id'e check em out before I even went out with em you never know!! you might get some real eye openers on the person that your supposed to go out on a date with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships