Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 06:43 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times

Advertisements

I've had body issues my whole life. What made me feel more comfortable was just knowing that the guys I was with LOVED how I looked. They let me know by their actions and their words - but I would say that their actions probably meant more to me. Just knowing that they loved touching me, looking at me, and being with me. That made me feel more comfortable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 06:46 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Suppose you're dating someone and things have progressed to the point where you both want to have sex, but you suspect the other person is afraid because they're self conscious about their weight. What can you say or do that might help the situation? Obviously, you don't want to pressure the person nor do you want to say anything that would make them even more self-conscious about their body. Beyond just waiting, what can you do? To the women here, how often have you delayed sex with a guy because you were afraid of how he would react to your body? And if so, what helped the most as far as getting past your fears?
Never. I always make sure my weight is good and that I am happy with my body.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:01 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I've had body issues my whole life. What made me feel more comfortable was just knowing that the guys I was with LOVED how I looked. They let me know by their actions and their words - but I would say that their actions probably meant more to me. Just knowing that they loved touching me, looking at me, and being with me. That made me feel more comfortable.
Well, I love how she looks and I've told her that. I think she knows that I'm not turned off by her weight. But sex is different. You can't hide the things that bother you with clothes. Your flaws, or rather what you think are your flaws, are now on display. I know that the first time I ever had sex with someone new, there were things about my body I didn't want my partner to see, fearing that they might be turned off.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:17 PM

378 posts, read 441,607 times
Default what is her weight (and height)?

Quote:
Well, I love how she looks and I've told her that. I think she knows that I'm not turned off by her weight. But sex is different. You can't hide the things that bother you with clothes. Your flaws, or rather what you think are your flaws, are now on display. I know that the first time I ever had sex with someone new, there were things about my body I didn't want my partner to see, fearing that they might be turned off.
what are they?

Old 01-22-2015, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeinca View Post
what are they?
I'd show her before I tell you.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:39 PM

Default wtf?

Quote:
I'd show her before I tell you.
this is anonymous board. Mod cut.

I am asking you how much does she weight to make her so uncomfortable with herself?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-28-2015 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeinca View Post
this is anonymous board. You are ready to bone a girl who think she is too heavy.

I am asking you how much does she weight to make her so uncomfortable with herself?
First of all, why do you care what she weighs? Second, I have no idea what she weighs nor would I ever ask her. I also don't feel like guessing. What matters is that I love how she looks, even if she isn't quite as happy with it.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:48 PM

Default "Hit it" then

Quote:
First of all, why do you care what she weighs? Second, I have no idea what she weighs nor would I ever ask her. I also don't feel like guessing. What matters is that I love how she looks, even if she isn't quite as happy with it.
Mod cut.

Have a good time.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-28-2015 at 08:47 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:01 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default Bout that action, boss, bout that action

If you've gotten to the point where sex is imminent, you already should've identified those aspects of her that make her attractive and told her about them at every opportunity. Hug her, be affectionate, hold her hand, touch her soft skin, kiss her, and SHOW her how much you care about her. Your treatment of her will put her at ease, since your actions show that any concerns she has about her weight are a non-issue with you.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:08 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
I can only speak to my personal feelings but, for me, feeling self conscious wasn't really about weight. I've just always had body image issues. I hate my thighs. I used to cover the back of my thighs with my hands when I would walk away naked from my exes. My husband is the first person that I have ever felt 100% comfortable with in terms of my body. I knew that all the guys that I was with were attracted to me and didn't see my body the way that I see my body - but it was still hard for me. I'm not saying that this woman that you are seeing has the severe body issues that I have - but all I can say is that letting her see how attracted you are to her is pretty much the only thing that will set her at ease. Also, know that if she does have the same issues that I have - they are her issues and you really can't fix them. That doesn't mean that you can't have a great sex life and relationship - simply that she may have some deep rooted issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships