Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 07:43 AM

451 posts, read 562,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalight View Post
I'm dating a guy who is 29 years old. I honestly do not have a lot of experience in dating. His best friend is currently in a different state for some business and he told his best friend about me. My guys tells me that his best friend likes me already because according to his best friend, I'm the first girl who makes my guy feel this way. My guy tells me it's an ongoing joke between him and his best friend that my guy is heartless because my guy doesn't feel for any girl and I'm the first girl. So his best friend said damn he wants to meet the first girl who got to him.

Is this a line? Because he's been in relationships before me. how can I be the first to make him feel this way??
I've said that before to a girl. Could be line. I was certainly using it as a line. It's kind of a passive way to tell a girl that she's special (which may be meant to sweep you off your feet). The intent could be for a variety of reasons: to increase the chances of sex, to land a relationship, to show you that that he really likes you (again, passively).

But then again, maybe it's not a line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 08:14 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,728,705 times
Quote:
I'm dating a guy who is 29 years old. I honestly do not have a lot of experience in dating. His best friend is currently in a different state for some business and he told his best friend about me. My guys tells me that his best friend likes me already because according to his best friend, I'm the first girl who makes my guy feel this way. My guy tells me it's an ongoing joke between him and his best friend that my guy is heartless because my guy doesn't feel for any girl and I'm the first girl. So his best friend said damn he wants to meet the first girl who got to him.

Is this a line? Because he's been in relationships before me. how can I be the first to make him feel this way??
Take what I'm saying with a grain of salt, because my experiences have made me a little cynical. That's not to say there is not useful counsel for you here, though.

It sounds to me like your guy's friend is doing the work of a wingman, and if that is true, this is a hustle those two probably run on every girl the guy wants um, "access" to. Tell a woman with a shaky ego what she wants to hear; who doesn't want to be told she is special, that she is the one who "broke the wild stallion" what a massage for ego. Makes ya want to throw caution to the winds and give him everything, because the friend "assures" you that you have him on lock, doesn't it?

Uh-huh. Right.....eh...probably not. But if they are hustling you, that is exactly what they want you to think and going all in sexually and emotionally is probably what they want you to do.

The smartest thing you can do is think about the women who were there before you and try to get some answers on why they are not with him anymore...along with this: since they were women, just like you, why were they enough for him. How has it turned out that he is standing in front of you claiming "you dropped some kind of "mojo bomb" on him? Analyze and investigate.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:39 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,843,322 times
It could be a line he uses with every girl, or he could mean it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-23-2015, 01:12 PM

828 posts, read 908,056 times
What does your gut tell you?

How does he behave around you? Does his behavior seem otherwise genuine and characteristic of this "line"?

Old 01-24-2015, 09:50 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,323 times
Be cautious. Men don't usually discuss conversations with their friend with their women. He may have told his friend about you, but the caution is that he told you what his friend said. It appears that he is saying what he wants to say to you, for whatever reason, and is making it look as if his friend was talking. Doesn't seem too honest. Why is it important to your man that you know what his friend said?

Old 01-24-2015, 11:15 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,207 times
Quote:

If he told you that, there is a reason...just use the info to your advantage and let things fall into place during the time being.

Just enjoy the moment.

Old 01-24-2015, 12:03 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,152,762 times
So he's had a birthday since you were sunny85 and cherryred2.

Old 01-24-2015, 01:16 PM

295 posts, read 307,191 times
To be honest: if I ever hear from a man or some of his friends, that he has been in a relationship with xyz, but he didn't really care for her, then I'll run into the other direction as fast as I can!

Run girl, run!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships