Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2015, 10:09 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,737,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I'm not interested - in women coming in here to argue with men. That isn't what the thread is about, and I can have it stopped.

By the way, to everyone, body language is huge. I suppose many "forever alone" men use and react to it in a non-standard way.
It's a forum, you don't get to choose who responds.

Old 01-25-2015, 10:23 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Oh really? You know for a fact that every single woman you ever come across is not interested in you? Amazing mind reading skills you have there. Or could it be your chronic lack of self confidence in yourself as both a man and a human being? Your passiveness is related to your mental image of yourself and that is something that can be changed with a bit of work.
Mind reading is not a necessary skill to come to this conclusion. I have enough confidence in myself especially where photography is concerned thank you.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:28 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,637,605 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post deleted).

It's not illogical to assume most women you cross in a given day aren't interested in you. It's actually really logical, and it's what everyone who isn't a egotistical douche assumes. We assume women aren't into us by default, and the ones who make it known that they are interested in us are the one's we pay attention to.

This doesn't mean we see all women as non thinking entities without their own thoughts, experiences and interests. What a ridiculous thing to say. It means the exact opposite, that we understand that women are all unique and have their own preferences, and only a handful of women will find us attractive enough to want to be with us.

The difference between passive and bold action taking men is that the passive ones wait for said women to reveal themselves, whereas the bold action taker chats up every woman he finds attractive and then see's if she is into him back.

Lots of passive men are only passive in the beginning stages of a relationship. Once the guy meets the woman and knows from her behavior/words that she is into him, he will become emboldened and take more action.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-25-2015 at 05:30 PM..

Old 01-25-2015, 11:33 AM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post

don't tell people this in real life, at minimum leave out the word "plenty"

i'm serious
I have plenty of male friends too. Should I keep quiet about that as well?

Old 01-25-2015, 11:36 AM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
In my entire life I've known maybe 3 guys who were not interested in women and all of them were kind of strange. It simply isn't normal behaviour. I'm sorry most of you don't like hearing it but it's the truth.
I, personally, am interested in women and do date them.

However, I do not agree with the current expected dynamics between men and women. I actually have a brain and I believe that men are getting a raw deal. What's more is that most men agree with me. But they just view it as a "It is what it is" situation. These men are not vocal about it and have, for the most part, taken what they can get in relationships and marriage.

I refuse to do so.

If that makes me strange, then so be it.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:38 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,791,580 times
I didn't read all the pages, but I'll chime in from my perspective. I may be forever alone because of my age, pickiness, and location. I actually think its mostly location, and really hope to change that in a hurry, as I feel like time is running out for me to find someone. In the past, it was shyness. Yes, there's a degree of that to this day (I can't approach random women), but I'm more confident now at least and can do well if/when I get to a second date. Its usually smooth sailing if I can get date #2 because it means my introversion hasn't hurt me and I've met an extroverted woman. I have never been, nor will I ever be passive, unless I just totally give up. I guess that is possible, actually.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:46 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
How the hell did you get all that from his sentence? It's not illogical to assume most women you cross in a given day aren't interested in you. It's actually really logical, and it's what everyone who isn't a egotistical douche assumes. We assume women aren't into us by default, and the ones who make it known that they are interested in us are the one's we pay attention to.

This doesn't mean we see all women as non thinking entities without their own thoughts, experiences and interests. What a ridiculous thing to say. It means the exact opposite, that we understand that women are all unique and have their own preferences, and only a handful of women will find us attractive enough to want to be with us.

The difference between passive and bold action taking men is that the passive ones wait for said women to reveal themselves, whereas the bold action taker chats up every woman he finds attractive and then see's if she is into him back.

Lots of passive men are only passive in the beginning stages of a relationship. Once the guy meets the woman and knows from her behavior/words that she is into him, he will become emboldened and take more action.
I agree with you. Most women I see in public are not into me and it is a logical thought. I just keep it moving because I could care less if a woman doesn't like me.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:09 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,398,566 times
OK reading this is interesting. I'd always gotten the impression that men could not live without sex, and that was the main reason they'd throw caution to the winds and pursue women. Even if they get rejected. What about you forever alone men on this thread?

Is sex a factor? How are you fulfilling your sexual desires if you are not in a relationship, or cannot find women you want to approach?

Old 01-25-2015, 12:12 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,041,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
OK reading this is interesting. I'd always gotten the impression that men could not live without sex, and that was the main reason they'd throw caution to the winds and pursue women. Even if they get rejected. What about you forever alone men on this thread?

Is sex a factor? How are you fulfilling your sexual desires if you are not in a relationship, or cannot find women you want to approach?
Lol. Sex is pretty much the factor. I used to be in it for the 'companionship' as well, but you quickly learn what a stupid idea that is.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:22 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post

Eh. I went almost my whole life without having sex until a few months ago. To be honest, I could live without sex seeing that I don't make it as important in my life like other men do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships