Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2015, 07:54 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,390,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeinca View Post
I found Most of (young) posters here are not focusing on their own game/life

Are you at top of your trade or working toward that goal? Do you have money? Are you in-shape?

Women approach men who are 'successful'. Don't need to chase/please them, let them come to you.

Men with money spend less money on women because women want to be around them. Men with less money spend more because they try too hard.

It is a win:win proposition.
Then they are after your money and fame and wealth...they give you sex, you give em security blankets.

It's a win vs win proposition but only for convenience.

I got it, women hate "losers" but a "golddigger" is not my idea either.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:48 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,131,525 times
Meh...i think once you get past the whole young, raging hornball stage that most men go through as young adults, you are able to see the relationship game for what it really is in 2015...i actually think that as apathetic people think young men are here now, as a society we really aint seen nothin' yet. I think within 60 years or so, very few straight young men of any ethnicity other than possibly hispanic and islamic will make much of an effort to enter committed relationships at all...it will be much more of a breeding circle type deal where the 2 genders will only come together to have children, if they want them at all, and then go their separate ways. You can already see this happening in some communities. For about the past 3 years now, we've noticed when we go out now, that you dont even see young adult men making cold approaches to women in bars, or clubs anymore. The men stand with their one or two friends one side of the room and the women dance with a circle of their friends.

Not that bars or clubs were ever the ideal places to find a soulmate, but even when i was younger, i can still recall young men at least trying.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:01 PM

137 posts, read 143,112 times
Feminized culture, due to beta males in media (most of them Jewish) and women who hate men, created what I consider an epidemic of young FA's.

Women, most women, don't really want what they say they want in a guy. Nice guys finish last; cliche because it's true.

Alas, every personal flaw in human capacity is trivial when you have serious, upper middle class/upper class income.

My advice to guys struggling socially? Drop the self-help books. Drop the advice from women who aren't self-aware enough to admit what they really find sexy and exciting in a man. Go make money.

My awful jokes became hilarious when I rose from Honda Civic-driven Olive Garden nights to German Luxury 5 star nights.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:13 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,217,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Meh...i think once you get past the whole young, raging hornball stage that most men go through as young adults, you are able to see the relationship game for what it really is in 2015...i actually think that as apathetic people think young men are here now, as a society we really aint seen nothin' yet. I think within 60 years or so, very few straight young men of any ethnicity other than possibly hispanic and islamic will make much of an effort to enter committed relationships at all...it will be much more of a breeding circle type deal where the 2 genders will only come together to have children, if they want them at all, and then go their separate ways. You can already see this happening in some communities. For about the past 3 years now, we've noticed when we go out now, that you dont even see young adult men making cold approaches to women in bars, or clubs anymore. The men stand with their one or two friends one side of the room and the women dance with a circle of their friends.

Not that bars or clubs were ever the ideal places to find a soulmate, but even when i was younger, i can still recall young men at least trying.
Google "herbivore men". Basically, that is a very large movement in Japan that began in the 2000s, following their economy crashing in the early 90s. I think that western countries are beginning to head in that direction. This will, ultimately, play out in the younger generation (children born since 9/11).

Old 01-27-2015, 06:12 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,710,079 times
You are delusional if you think men will ever simply give up on women. I understand you think you are in the majority with this ridiculous line of thought but the fact of the matter is you are the ones in the minority, most men desire and make an effort to get a woman. Now there's nothing wrong per se with staying single forever, that's a perfectly acceptable lifestyle choice, but to say this is a trend, is bunk.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
You are delusional if you think men will ever simply give up on women. I understand you think you are in the majority with this ridiculous line of thought but the fact of the matter is you are the ones in the minority, most men desire and make an effort to get a woman. Now there's nothing wrong per se with staying single forever, that's a perfectly acceptable lifestyle choice, but to say this is a trend, is bunk.
Do you actually have young male friends? I do. Many of them are either just interested in sex or don't approach at all and are fine with it. I think that this is becoming the norm.

I'm like that too. I simply do not want to put effort into attracting women. The friends that do put effort in, in reality, only do so for the status that comes with it ("I get a lot of girls! I'm so cool!"), which wears off over time.

That's not to say that I will never put effort into a woman. I would....but only if she is out of my league to begin with and I deem her as worthy of my effort.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:11 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,710,079 times
I have two daughters who are almost 26 and 28. I have had a houseful of young men and women for years. The thing I have noticed most is that they can be friends a lot easier now than when I was a young woman. I also think they are more gender neutral than in the past but guys still like chicks and chicks still like guys,some things never change.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I have two daughters who are almost 26 and 28. I have had a houseful of young men and women for years. The thing I have noticed most is that they can be friends a lot easier now than when I was a young woman. I also think they are more gender neutral than in the past but guys still like chicks and chicks still like guys,some things never change.
Again, you are older and you only see things from an outsider's perspective. I am exactly in the middle of your two daughters age-wise and currently experiencing it. I have many male friends my age and we talk about this often (not in front of women).

My male friends that are married fall into one of two categories:

1) They have VERY good-looking wives.
2) They always struggled with women and married the first ones that showed any interest.

The rest are either players that will likely never settle down or they don't put effort into it.

Also, my friends and I are not guys that sit around playing videogames and smoking weed. We are all professionals.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:36 AM

13,591 posts, read 9,627,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingforarip View Post
Feminized culture, due to beta males in media (most of them Jewish) and women who hate men, created what I consider an epidemic of young FA's.

Women, most women, don't really want what they say they want in a guy. Nice guys finish last; cliche because it's true.

Alas, every personal flaw in human capacity is trivial when you have serious, upper middle class/upper class income.

My advice to guys struggling socially? Drop the self-help books. Drop the advice from women who aren't self-aware enough to admit what they really find sexy and exciting in a man. Go make money.

My awful jokes became hilarious when I rose from Honda Civic-driven Olive Garden nights to German Luxury 5 star nights.
I can't overemphasize how the above characterization is fallacious. When one tells one's jokes, nobody peers into the parking lot to note what car is driven by the speaker. Nice guys finish neither last nor first, but based entirely on what sort of emotional rapport they're able to build with women. And the antisemitic slur about "beta males in the media"? I don't think that Woody Allen or Jerry Seinfeld have any problems with dating.

I'm between Djuna's generation and Cristo666's. I am the only person in our office who is unmarried. ALL of the other men have somehow managed to get married and to remain married. True, we have nobody under 30, but our younger set (early-mid 30s) are still technically Millennials. Amongst Boomers, EVERYONE is married. Period.

Somehow despite a "feminized" culture/media, men and women manage to find one another. For all of the travails of modern dating, somehow most people manage to get it together. Those of us who struggle are most assuredly in the minority. But if we ARE in that minority, the struggles become all the more acute.

Modern society offers fewer and fewer support networks. This applies alike to finding (and keeping) employment, and to dating. We're increasingly a sink-or-swim individualistic society, with unlimited opportunity but no floor underneath us.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:46 AM

5,312 posts, read 6,085,947 times
Sometimes it just feels like its not worth it for us unattractive guys..having to go through hundreds of rejections in hopes just to get a number is just not worth it..

The people who say the whole dating scene and hitting on women is supposed to be fun are people who are successful..

If you're not successful there's nothing fun about it.. It's just painful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships