Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2015, 11:48 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
Do you actually have young male friends? I do. Many of them are either just interested in sex or don't approach at all and are fine with it. I think that this is becoming the norm.

I'm like that too. I simply do not want to put effort into attracting women. The friends that do put effort in, in reality, only do so for the status that comes with it ("I get a lot of girls! I'm so cool!"), which wears off over time.

That's not to say that I will never put effort into a woman. I would....but only if she is out of my league to begin with and I deem her as worthy of my effort.
I have male friends. I don't know anyone who has given up on women and has no interest in them. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:03 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Sometimes it just feels like its not worth it for us unattractive guys..having to go through hundreds of rejections in hopes just to get a number is just not worth it..

The people who say the whole dating scene and hitting on women is supposed to be fun are people who are successful..

If you're not successful there's nothing fun about it.. It's just painful
People who are successful with dating can't understand that some people have it harder than them. This forum is a living example of that.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:06 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
People who are successful with dating can't understand that some people have it harder than them. This forum is a living example of that.
Yeah they don't get how never getting positive reinforcement from the opposite sex and never being successful could turn off somebody from trying..

Old 01-27-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I have male friends. I don't know anyone who has given up on women and has no interest in them. Sorry to burst your bubble.
You might not. But I do. I had a 70 year old uncle who has since passed away from cancer. He died a virgin. In his entire life, he never had any type of physical or intimate encounter with a woman. His reason? He claimed he was unattractive and women didn't like him. He gave up when he was around my age. You might not think some men give up on women, but some do.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:08 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
You might not. But I do. I had a 70 year old uncle who has since passed away from cancer. He died a virgin. In his entire life, he never had any type of physical or intimate encounter with a woman. His reason? He claimed he was unattractive and women didn't like him. He gave up when he was around my age. You might not think some men give up on women, but some do.
He is in the minority - not the majority. I had an aunt who died in her 50's and never had a relationship that I know of. She was my favorite aunt and a wonderful person. That doesn't change the fact that she was in the minority and not the majority when it comes to relationships.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
He is in the minority - not the majority. I had an aunt who died in her 50's and never had a relationship that I know of. She was my favorite aunt and a wonderful person. That doesn't change the fact that she was in the minority and not the majority when it comes to relationships.
You're right. Me personally, I couldn't give up on women. They might frustrate me sometimes because I don't understand them sometimes. But I love them and could see myself without them.

Old 01-27-2015, 01:35 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
Do you actually have young male friends? I do. Many of them are either just interested in sex or don't approach at all and are fine with it. I think that this is becoming the norm.

I'm like that too. I simply do not want to put effort into attracting women. The friends that do put effort in, in reality, only do so for the status that comes with it ("I get a lot of girls! I'm so cool!"), which wears off over time.

That's not to say that I will never put effort into a woman. I would....but only if she is out of my league to begin with and I deem her as worthy of my effort.
This is not uncommon. Men will and do put forth effort on a woman whom he feels is worth the effort. So I think it is safe to say that if you are not willing to pursue, a woman can rightly assume that it's because you don't feel she's worth the effort. That's a perfect explanation as to why it makes sense for women to wait for a man to initiate. Thanks for your honesty.

Old 01-27-2015, 02:27 PM

378 posts, read 441,607 times
Default 'Dinero'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Sometimes it just feels like its not worth it for us unattractive guys..having to go through hundreds of rejections in hopes just to get a number is just not worth it..

The people who say the whole dating scene and hitting on women is supposed to be fun are people who are successful..

If you're not successful there's nothing fun about it.. It's just painful
Do you have money? Do you like your job? Are you good at your job?
Do you like where you live? Do you live in a 'nice' neighborhood?

Like I (and the other poster) said in this thread, it is all about Money (dinero).

People who complains and/or have 'challenged' dating life, their life already suck.

Men who have money OPEN UP opportunities!

Old 01-27-2015, 02:40 PM

13,656 posts, read 9,714,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeinca View Post

Like I (and the other poster) said in this thread, it is all about Money (dinero).

People who complains and/or have 'challenged' dating life, their life already suck.

Pray tell, where is this magic land, where money matters?

Old 01-27-2015, 02:52 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeinca View Post

I have plenty of money, I fail to see how it opens up opportunities. The girls don't know your loaded when they first meet you, and I'm not about to whip out my bank statement or drop hundreds of dollars on a girl in the beginning stages of a relationship. Most good date ideas don't cost a lot of money, and most of the time I cook women dinner at my place instead of going out. My place is nice enough but it isn't flashy.

If you need money to make women interested in you then you are lame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships