Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 02:48 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times

Advertisements

Counting from high school and those I dated for at least a few months, 5, including my first and current husband. If I'm counting people I have dated casually, over a dozen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 03:11 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
5. Range was a month to 2 years.

Old 01-23-2015, 03:15 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Zero. It sucks just writing that.

Old 01-23-2015, 03:16 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,800,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Counting only people I dated for at least two months, and starting in 10th grade, 15 and one husband. Didn't lose the virginity until #6

Counting only people I dated for a year or more, 6 and one husband.

After my divorce, one, though there have been dates since he and I broke up a year ago. I'm kind of in a holding pattern until I move this summer.

I can't tell you how many people I've been on dates with, though. Probably close to 200. (And no, I didn't sleep with them all. Not even close, as I'm sure some bonehead out there is going to say something about it.)

But I'm 48 and was only with my ex-husband and last SO for 7 years each, so when you do the math, it's 19 years worth of dating. Take out all the relationships that were at least a year long and you're still left with 10 years of minor relationships (3-6 months) and simple dates. Take the minor relationships out that's about about 7 years of simple dates ranging from ice cream to OLD dates that were real dates (not just coffee meet-ups) to guys that after about 3 or 4 dates, meh, one or both of us lost interest.

Geez, I'm old.
Yeah, tell me about it. For some reason so many here think date=sex and sex=date. I should have added that I didn't sleep with any of the guys I "just dated." Only the ones I was in actual relationships with (and not even all of them either... much to the disappointment of my high school boyfriend who tried--I was just too young and not ready).

Old 01-23-2015, 03:31 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,705 times
Who's keeping count & for what purpose....?

Lol when I was a teenager I was a major player....
I'd literally have guys showing up at the same time to take me out

Even now..... to tally up how many men I was seeing last year alone--

My numbers are always gonna be high, lol

My kids like to ask me when I'm gonna settle down--
To which I reply--
Been there, done that

Old 01-23-2015, 03:36 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
I dated a few people casually in high school, but I wouldn't have considered any of them a boyfriend. My first serious relationship began in my freshman year of college, and I married him twenty-six years ago.

Old 01-23-2015, 03:39 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
It's sort of a grey area for me - but I would say about 5 or 6. I don't count the guys I dated in high school for less than a month - there were a bunch of those. I called them my boyfriends - but I barely knew them.

Old 01-23-2015, 03:39 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times
Well, jokingly 1. When I was really young and boy and I were always together, hanging out, and I could always make him laugh. He and I comment that we were boyfriend/girlfriend then. And that lasted....all school year lol Doesn't really count realistically, but it counted as 1 for us tough.

Other than him, none, by choice, since I was never interested in any suitors I had. Had a been interested/settled, then probably could have been 2. For possible relationship interest. The others seemed like they just had sexual interest, which they probably have for any girl that was breathing.

Old 01-23-2015, 03:44 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
And if not how long?
Exclusive relationships?

Hmm... let me tally that one.

Starting in high school...

No... wait... junior high... I'll include people I've kissed and gone out on dates with, even if just in a group situation (like in junior high).

Maybe 18 or so?

I'm a bit fuzzy on the math... some of them were repeats... so maybe more like 24?

No... I didn't have sex with all of them.

If we want to count "dates" and "casual relationships that lasted less than a month or so"... I dunno... over 50... I'm sure it's closer to 100? I never liked dating.

And... no... I damned sure didn't sleep with all my dates. Or even most of them. In fact, I think there were very few that didn't turn into long-term relationships that I ever had sex with.

Old 01-23-2015, 03:48 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Yeah, tell me about it. For some reason so many here think date=sex and sex=date. I should have added that I didn't sleep with any of the guys I "just dated." Only the ones I was in actual relationships with (and not even all of them either... much to the disappointment of my high school boyfriend who tried--I was just too young and not ready).
Yeah... I had to clarify that in my post as well. Hahahaha.

I did sleep with some of them, but they were typically of the "nearly turned into a LTR" variety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships