Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 10:55 AM

788 posts, read 1,271,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
If you started a conversation, initiated anything, or did 1/10th of that with this shy guy (me) we’d be conversing and doing a lot more by now. There may be other factors at play with your guy at work.
Well, early on he described himself as single and a hopeless bachelor. At this point, I can see why that is. I've never had anyone give so many indications that he's interested, yet not do anything!!

There's shy and there's a lack of effort. While I usually date the more alpha-type males, I liked this guy because he was so interesting and that we have a lot of things in common. He's good to talk to as long as I make all the effort. I used to be incredibly shy and am still somewhat shy, so I get it to an extent, but this guy is smart, good looking, in great shape, has a great career, has led a very interesting life, has seen most of the world, has friends all over the globe, but he can't talk to me unless I talk to him first!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2015, 11:04 AM

248 posts, read 259,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katykat01 View Post
Well, early on he described himself as single and a hopeless bachelor. At this point, I can see why that is. I've never had anyone give so many indications that he's interested, yet not do anything!!
Why don't you take the initiative and ask him out? At least give him a chance, he might open up more as he gets to know you.

As far as shy guys making the first move, I have to agree with the majority. Unless a girl makes it pretty obvious she likes me and there's no mistaking her intention I'll be very hesitant to go for it no matter how much I like her.

Old 01-28-2015, 11:15 AM

376 posts, read 317,719 times
Quote:

There's shy and there's a lack of effort. While I usually date the more alpha-type males, I liked this guy because he was so interesting and that we have a lot of things in common. He's good to talk to as long as I make all the effort. I used to be incredibly shy and am still somewhat shy, so I get it to an extent, but this guy is smart, good looking, in great shape, has a great career, has led a very interesting life, has seen most of the world, has friends all over the globe, but he can't talk to me unless I talk to him first!!!
I wish I knew who this guy was so that I could tell him to run.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:03 PM

788 posts, read 1,271,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler View Post
I wish I knew who this guy was so that I could tell him to run.
Why? If I sat around waiting for guys like the one I've described, I'd never go on a date for obvious reasons. I never stated that I preferred alpha-males, just that I usually date them. Like so many of the posts on this board, alpha males go after what they want, and as described in so many of the comments within this particular thread, the shy guys don't. Is it any wonder that women, shy or not, end up dating more alpha males? As I've written above, this situation has been going on for MONTHS. In that time, I've dated some other alpha males. Obviously, nothing worth my time has transpired with any of the alpha males. They're just the ones who have fought for and gained my attention. You can't blame me or think less of me for that outcome, especially considering that without dating the guy I've mentioned, I have no way to determine whether or not we'd actually be compatible in a relationship anyway. So, can you really expect me to hold out indefinitely for him? Please be reasonable.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:30 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:

Wish I knew this guy very well so I could tell him to stay far away from women like you.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:33 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Wish I knew this guy very well so I could tell him to stay far away from women like you.
Why? The vast, vast, vast majority of women do not want o be the man in the relationship and will not do the pursuing.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:38 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Why? The vast, vast, vast majority of women do not want o be the man in the relationship and will not do the pursuing.
So? Not my problem. That's just another excuse for women to avoid being rejected.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Why? If I sat around waiting for guys like the one I've described, I'd never go on a date for obvious reasons. I never stated that I preferred alpha-males, just that I usually date them. Like so many of the posts on this board, alpha males go after what they want, and as described in so many of the comments within this particular thread, the shy guys don't. Is it any wonder that women, shy or not, end up dating more alpha males? As I've written above, this situation has been going on for MONTHS. In that time, I've dated some other alpha males. Obviously, nothing worth my time has transpired with any of the alpha males. They're just the ones who have fought for and gained my attention. You can't blame me or think less of me for that outcome, especially considering that without dating the guy I've mentioned, I have no way to determine whether or not we'd actually be compatible in a relationship anyway. So, can you really expect me to hold out indefinitely for him? Please be reasonable.
Yes, I can. And yes, I do.

Hold out indefinitely? No, certainly not. Heaven in the skies forbid, that you, empowered gogrrllll super-special snowflake princess would have to take some of the initiative yourself.

Now I doubly wish I knew who this guy was so I could tell him to run.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:53 PM

Quote:
The vast majority of men do not want to be the woman in the relationship and do all the cooking and cleaning.

Sound sexist?

Good, it should, just like your post.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:58 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
It doesn't have anything to do with being "the man" as much as if a shy person's anxiety is getting in the way of them making a connection, they can't expect the other person to have to make all kinds of concessions in order to drag them out of their shell. Communication is a huge part of a relationship, and if a person can't even simply converse on Date One, their date wouldn't be wrong in wondering how that reticence will affect other aspects of a potential relationship, including sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships