Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 07:17 AM

718 posts, read 615,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_CA View Post
OP there is plenty of fish where you come from . why just this then? Whats with the obsession?

He is the first person I have ever genuinely opened up to. I know how stupid that sounds, but there's that's happened in my life, that has made me who I am. Part of who I am, I have a hard time being genuine, speaking to my emotions and how I feel. But it was easy to talk to him. He knows things about me no one else does. The idea of losing that, and having to do that with someone else, is tough.

I know that's how life works sometimes, but I guess a part of me hopes that MAYBE something is salvageable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2015, 07:23 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,274,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_CA View Post
OP there is plenty of fish where you come from . why just this then? Whats with the obsession?
She did mention that her mother had four DUIs, so imagine the home life. Maybe this kind of constant drama feels normal?

Old 01-24-2015, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
She did mention that her mother had four DUIs, so imagine the home life. Maybe this kind of constant drama feels normal?
Please, don't make judgments. My home life is fine. My mom has made mistakes, but that hasn't resulted in me being damaged or a sadist. I'm not attracted to drama either, so reserve the assumptions on things you cannot possibly weigh on.

Old 01-24-2015, 07:29 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,337 times
I had to scroll down to decide before reading on what could mount up such a long post!
Stay away, you had enough drama with this guy and his family! What happened in his family will continue to haunt your relationship and do more damage than you already are.

Old 01-24-2015, 07:33 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyga View Post
Please, don't make judgments. My home life is fine. My mom has made mistakes, but that hasn't resulted in me being damaged or a sadist. I'm not attracted to drama either, so reserve the assumptions on things you cannot possibly weigh on.
I think it's a valid point.

If you grew up with a mother who had that many DUIs, you've likely been exposed to a good amount of drama and poor choices.

It likely seems more reasonable to you than it would to someone who had a more stable parent.

Not a judgment. Doesn't mean your mother isn't a loving person or anything like that.

Might explain why you're not just walking away from this negative, dramatic situation. And why you got into it in the first place.

Old 01-24-2015, 07:33 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
Quote:
He is the first person I have ever genuinely opened up to. I know how stupid that sounds, but there's that's happened in my life, that has made me who I am. Part of who I am, I have a hard time being genuine, speaking to my emotions and how I feel. But it was easy to talk to him. He knows things about me no one else does. The idea of losing that, and having to do that with someone else, is tough.

I know that's how life works sometimes, but I guess a part of me hopes that MAYBE something is salvageable.
Op, I have in been your problem before I was obsessed with two guys who are bad.
Now people still associated with them and it is tough to date in my area.

Old 01-24-2015, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I think it's a valid point.

If you grew up with a mother who had that many DUIs, you've likely been exposed to a good amount of drama and poor choices.

It likely seems more reasonable to you than it would to someone who had a more stable parent.

Not a judgment. Doesn't mean your mother isn't a loving person or anything like that.

Might explain why you're not just walking away from this negative, dramatic situation. And why you got into it in the first place.
I disgaree.

Everyone has been exposed to drama and poor choices. I don't think there's a single human being who has not. If anything, her poor choices have driven me to make the exact opposite ones. I've always made good choices. I don't think it's fair to say that, because I've made a mistake, it's because of my broken home life and the "dead little girl inside me". My childhood was nothing short of happy, and no, my mother was not perfect but nobody is and her choices don't define me.

I've explained why I don't just walk away. And it still has nothing to do with my "damaged childhood".

Old 01-24-2015, 07:41 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,337 times
Quote:

What do you want to salvage? His secret with his aunt? His emotional baggage? Your relationship with his family? Your reputation in his family?

Old 01-24-2015, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softcrunch View Post
What do you want to salvage? His secret with his aunt? His emotional baggage? Your relationship with his family? Your reputation in his family?
I think part of the issue was that I opened my mouth and put him in a tough spot. I know what he did was wrong, but I'm the only person he's talked to about that. I know that the things that happened to him deeply affected him, and I don't want to be the reason why he spirals again.

I guess, in a way, I feel responsible. Like it's my job to make sure he's okay, because no one else will.

I'm not trying to defend him, but he doesn't have a black soul.

Old 01-24-2015, 07:50 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
Quote:
I think part of the issue was that I opened my mouth and put him in a tough spot. I know what he did was wrong, but I'm the only person he's talked to about that. I know that the things that happened to him deeply affected him, and I don't want to be the reason why he spirals again.

I guess, in a way, I feel responsible. Like it's my job to make sure he's okay, because no one else will.

I'm not trying to defend him, but he doesn't have a black soul.
Yes you are defending him
You cannot save him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships