Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 11:41 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Desperate = turnoff.
That's what scares me. She wants to marry and it may scare him. She'll then get hurt again.

Old 01-24-2015, 11:53 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I think highly of her but she is desperate to marry. Her Facebook page is all about this.
Who cares? Maybe the guy is as well...Maybe they finaly found each other finally.....maybe she'll get her heart broke....but at least she's had this experience.

You sound jealous to be honest...if you were really a friend you'd be happy for her and be there to help IF (big if) it goes south....not preemptively make your 'friend' out to be a loser that a successful writer would never fall for.

Either be happy for her and give her supportion advise or get out of her way.....she doesn't need a friend like you that wants to keep her from taking a chance on a relationshop.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:03 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Who cares? Maybe the guy is as well...Maybe they finaly found each other finally.....maybe she'll get her heart broke....but at least she's had this experience.

You sound jealous to be honest...if you were really a friend you'd be happy for her and be there to help IF (big if) it goes south....not preemptively make your 'friend' out to be a loser that a successful writer would never fall for.

Either be happy for her and give her supportion advise or get out of her way.....she doesn't need a friend like you that wants to keep her from taking a chance on a relationshop.
I sensed some jealousy just like you did.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:26 AM

I'm not jealous at all, I hope he's the one. I just know her history and how she's gotten hurt thinking a guy was the one when he wasn't.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:31 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
In the event that this is even a real scenario and not another made up one like the Taco Man saga, you're a little too invested in your friend's life and seem to know an awful lot about his life, having " just found out"...

Old 01-25-2015, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
In the event that this is even a real scenario and not another made up one like the Taco Man saga, you're a little too invested in your friend's life and seem to know an awful lot about his life, having " just found out"...
Taco Man isn't made up and neither is this. I know a lot about him because I actually know several of his exgirlfriends.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:42 AM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I agree..... taco meat aside... too much info isn't always a good thing.... sometimes it is sometimes it isn't....

Dating a celebrity isn't what people think... I grew up with the dudes that went on to form NWA..... I grew up in LB...... a place that gets mentioned a lot in rap music.....I am around the same age as Cube... long before he started doing these stupid family friendly movies he's in... back when he was real.... around 1987 or so.... my classmates were buds with Easy E...aka Eric Wright.... Long before he was reaching back like a pimp and slappin *****'s.......

Old 01-25-2015, 12:46 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,451,329 times
We have "Social media celebrities" in our family.

I could never imagine being more famous than that and still being able to maintain a normal lifestyle. My family members would be considered small time to the likes of someone like George clooney, but we still get stopped everywhere we go by people who notice and want to interact.
Fame (no matter how big or small) on a consistent basis is also one hell of a dangerous drug...attention can go to your head if you are not kept grounded by others.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:46 AM

If it works out with her I will be thrilled. She's had less relationships than me. Personally for all his issues I'd rather take Taco Man over this guy because I would feel insecure about dating him. However, she likes him but does he like her as much? I don't know.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:51 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I found out a friend is dating a well known writer (I won't get more specific since his writing is a particular niche and would probably out who he is). I'm happy for her because she has struggled with dating and it's about time she finds one. The problem is I'm not sure he's the one for her. Both are never married, childless and Catholic but the similarities end there. She's very conservative, and he's not. She wants a baby and is desperate to get married but I'm not so sure he is since he has dated quite a bit and probably in his 50's or so. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled for her because if it lasts she hit the jackpot. However if it doesn't she will be devastated. I've known a few of his other girlfriends and most ended because at the time he wasn't ready to settle (or at least for them)but she is a different breed (she's a teacher, most of them worked in entertainment). Ever have an issue like this? Obviously the celebrity dating isn't common but the dealing with men like this might be.
Depends.

If he had a good heart, and had the qualities that I was looking for, sure, why not?

bolded can be the problem, not necessarily the celebrity status. If he is in his 50s, forget about having kids, he is done with having kids. You cannot convince a 50 year old man to have kids. Not happening.

To me at least, I cannot picture having sex with a 50 year old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships