Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 12:54 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Depends.

If he had a good heart, and had the qualities that I was looking for, sure, why not?

bolded can be the problem, not necessarily the celebrity status. If he is in his 50s, forget about having kids, he is done with having kids. You cannot convince a 50 year old man to have kids. Not happening.

To me at least, I cannot picture having sex with a 50 year old.
I don't know his story but you're right, he's probably not into that. She is, she has bad baby rabies and at 42 is starting to reach that iffy part. I know she froze eggs but he may not be interested. Honestly, I wonder if he's even into marriage. I mean he could be (after all, George Clooney did)but him being older and successful says to me to watch out.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:55 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I found out a friend is dating a well known writer (I won't get more specific since his writing is a particular niche and would probably out who he is). I'm happy for her because she has struggled with dating and it's about time she finds one. The problem is I'm not sure he's the one for her. Both are never married, childless and Catholic but the similarities end there. She's very conservative, and he's not. She wants a baby and is desperate to get married but I'm not so sure he is since he has dated quite a bit and probably in his 50's or so. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled for her because if it lasts she hit the jackpot. However if it doesn't she will be devastated. I've known a few of his other girlfriends and most ended because at the time he wasn't ready to settle (or at least for them)but she is a different breed (she's a teacher, most of them worked in entertainment). Ever have an issue like this? Obviously the celebrity dating isn't common but the dealing with men like this might be.
Yeah, Ive had friends date people who I didn't think would work (celebrity, or not). I did what I should have. Let them have their relationship.

Old 01-25-2015, 01:00 AM

I'm not going to discourage her, because it may work out. I just wonder though if it will. I hope she shows me and it works for her. I haven't said much to her about it except not to get her hopes up early on.

Old 01-25-2015, 01:01 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:
I'm not going to discourage her, because it may work out. I just wonder though if it will. I hope she shows me and it works for her. I haven't said much to her about it except not to get her hopes up early on.
lol

Old 01-25-2015, 01:04 AM

That's the advice I give to everyone, to go in slowly. I myself have gotten stung by going too fast.

I think my issue isn't that he's famous, but rather that I wonder if she is getting too fast too soon. So far she seems levelheaded so maybe for her it's only a fling. She seems into him but without her getting into it too much I don't know.

Old 01-25-2015, 02:48 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,328,608 times
Just congratulate her and wish her well.

I would date a celebrity, but the chances of that is slim to none.

Old 01-25-2015, 04:15 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,408,008 times
Quote:
I found out a friend is dating a well known writer (I won't get more specific since his writing is a particular niche and would probably out who he is). I'm happy for her because she has struggled with dating and it's about time she finds one. The problem is I'm not sure he's the one for her. Both are never married, childless and Catholic but the similarities end there. She's very conservative, and he's not. She wants a baby and is desperate to get married but I'm not so sure he is since he has dated quite a bit and probably in his 50's or so. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled for her because if it lasts she hit the jackpot. However if it doesn't she will be devastated. I've known a few of his other girlfriends and most ended because at the time he wasn't ready to settle (or at least for them)but she is a different breed (she's a teacher, most of them worked in entertainment). Ever have an issue like this? Obviously the celebrity dating isn't common but the dealing with men like this might be.
so many things wrong with this post

so what? a "celebrity" generally only means that person might make alot more money than you, they are still flawed humans like joe blow down the block

would i date one? sure, why not... but generally they arent accessible to me. i dont roll in the hollywood or entertainment biz circle... id like a shot @ sanaa lathan though

Quote:
I'm happy for her because she has struggled with dating and it's about time she finds one.
finds *one* of what? a date or a celeb? you seem a bit too excited

Quote:
She wants a baby and is desperate to get married
&

Quote:
I am thrilled for her because if it lasts she hit the jackpot.
smh... and people here on c-d wonders why they will often see comments where men, especially men with means dont want to marry women as many are diggers looking to hit the 'jackpot' as you say.
props to that man for staying unhitched @ 50+ yrs old or whatever and keeping his paper and livelyhood intact, hopefully he continues to prosper and avoid getting sucked into the abyss of divorce, spousal and child support

Quote:
I've known a few of his other girlfriends and most ended because at the time he wasn't ready to settle (or at least for them)but she is a different breed(she's a teacher, most of them worked in entertainment). Ever have an issue like this? Obviously the celebrity dating isn't common but the dealing with men like this might be.
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, yep she's different.

Old 01-25-2015, 07:01 AM

11,394 posts, read 24,438,947 times
You probably need to stay out of it. You're wayyyy too interested in her personal business all ready.

Old 01-25-2015, 07:10 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,150,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
In the event that this is even a real scenario and not another made up one like the Taco Man saga, you're a little too invested in your friend's life and seem to know an awful lot about his life, having " just found out"...
I must know what this is. I tried searching for it to no avail.

Old 01-25-2015, 07:34 AM

11,394 posts, read 24,438,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
I must know what this is. I tried searching for it to no avail.
It's a saga... The OP is engaged to an alcholic who lives with his mom because she's so infuriatingly picky and impractical about her other criteria for eligible men that this is all she's left with.

It's been going on for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships