Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 10:35 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times

Advertisements

I found out a friend is dating a well known writer (I won't get more specific since his writing is a particular niche and would probably out who he is). I'm happy for her because she has struggled with dating and it's about time she finds one. The problem is I'm not sure he's the one for her. Both are never married, childless and Catholic but the similarities end there. She's very conservative, and he's not. She wants a baby and is desperate to get married but I'm not so sure he is since he has dated quite a bit and probably in his 50's or so. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled for her because if it lasts she hit the jackpot. However if it doesn't she will be devastated. I've known a few of his other girlfriends and most ended because at the time he wasn't ready to settle (or at least for them)but she is a different breed (she's a teacher, most of them worked in entertainment). Ever have an issue like this? Obviously the celebrity dating isn't common but the dealing with men like this might be.

Old 01-24-2015, 10:38 PM

619 posts, read 652,238 times
Just a few questions...

If they don't have a whole lot in common, how is he the jackpot? What about his personality and manner that makes him the "jackpot"? Just because he's a successful man doesn't mean he's a good man.

If I was a man and I found a woman "desperate to get married"...I'd run the other way. I don't think the issue will end up being him.

Old 01-24-2015, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna1343 View Post
Just a few questions...

If they don't have a whole lot in common, how is he the jackpot? What about his personality and manner that makes him the "jackpot"? Just because he's a successful man doesn't mean he's a good man.

If I was a man and I found a woman "desperate to get married"...I'd run the other way. I don't think the issue will end up being him.
Because he really does have everything, he has money, he's not bad looking and he has some sort of power. I do wonder what he sees in her. She's pretty and all but she is desperate and obviously he isn't otherwise he would have married one of his other girlfriends. I don't think he's a bad guy just question a lot of his lifestyle.

Old 01-24-2015, 10:47 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
What does "men like this" mean? Maybe he wasn't dating seriously before, but he's decided to settle down. Maybe they do mesh fairly well personality-wise, values-wise, etc. Who knows, maybe she's the right woman for him at this time in his life. Are you afraid he might just be using her for a temporary fix?

Old 01-24-2015, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Because he really does have everything, he has money, he's not bad looking and he has some sort of power. I do wonder what he sees in her. She's pretty and all but she is desperate and obviously he isn't otherwise he would have married one of his other girlfriends. I don't think he's a bad guy just question a lot of his lifestyle.
I'm probably the wrong person to answer as I don't think "everything" constitutes money, looks and power...however, you're her friend. You really can't see, as her friend, the qualities that she can bring to a man?

Old 01-24-2015, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What does "men like this" mean? Maybe he wasn't dating seriously before, but he's decided to settle down. Maybe they do mesh fairly well personality-wise, values-wise, etc. Who knows, maybe she's the right woman for him at this time in his life. Are you afraid he might just be using her for a temporary fix?
Maybe I just hope it's the right time. She's been stung before and hate to see it done to her by a well known celebrity. I know he does like her down to earth quality.

Old 01-24-2015, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Maybe I just hope it's the right time. She's been stung before and hate to see it done to her by a well known celebrity. I know he does like her down to earth quality.
I say, for now just sit back and relax, don't worry it. Let things evolve, and see how it goes.

Old 01-24-2015, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna1343 View Post
I'm probably the wrong person to answer as I don't think "everything" constitutes money, looks and power...however, you're her friend. You really can't see, as her friend, the qualities that she can bring to a man?
I think she brings a lot of qualities. She's educated and financially smart and has a good job. She's attractive too in a more wholesome way.

Old 01-24-2015, 10:54 PM

Quote:
I think she brings a lot of qualities. She's educated and financially smart and has a good job. She's attractive too in a more wholesome way.
She sounds like a catch, herself. Maybe he's decided to settle down.

Old 01-24-2015, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
She sounds like a catch, herself. Maybe he's decided to settle down.
Yeah, if he breaks up with her, I know lots of available guys that would love to meet a girl like her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships