Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 08:31 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times

Advertisements

You're basing your argument on 2% of the population with money? Here I am talking about regular folks, silly me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 08:32 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,041,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
Yeah, I mean, if you're just looking to get laid, then PUA can be the way to go, for sure.

As far as enlightenment, be careful what you wish for. You may just become TOO enlightened and, ultimately, disillusioned.
It's hard to imagine being more disillusioned than I already am. But I suppose when you hit rock bottom, there's still plenty of room to dig.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:34 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
You're basing your argument on 2% of the population with money? Here I am talking about regular folks, silly me.
I'm talking about people with high status. High status women aren't about to date down and you can't get more high status than a model.

Old 01-25-2015, 09:29 PM

13,654 posts, read 9,711,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
For men, having a woman in their life is always a sign of status, post-college included. This is not true for women though (which is primarily the reason for the gender imbalance when it comes to dating).
Interesting insight! In the "olden days", when women depended on their husbands for material sustenance and social standing, it was crucial for women to make a match with men of highest career-prestige, community standing, financial wherewithal and so forth. The nerdy and socially inept owner of a cotton mill in Regency England would have been an excellent marital prospect. Today the situation is entirely different. Women marry for emotional connection and personal happiness, not status or social acclaim, and certainly not for material sustenance.

Men used to compete amongst themselves for women, especially for beautiful women. Female choice was secondary. Whichever male triumphed, would automatically be the one chosen by women. The female simply chose the most-winning male, and who that emergent winner happened to be, was immaterial. Today men don't compete directly. If a woman has multiple suitors, how often do they challenge each other to duels? Today a woman might choose a man who does not "win", simply because that happens to be her preference. He's the one with whom she makes the dearest emotional connection, regardless of his capacities as provider, or his "status".

Under the old system, a man's task was simple: compete with other men, and aim to surpass them. Gain status, money, prestige; and female attention will follow. This no longer holds. A new age demands new talents and new strategies.

Old 01-25-2015, 09:39 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,769,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by postgradstressedman View Post
do you think a guy who goes to a school like say the University of Florida and graduates will ever have a point in his life where he is surrounded by a lot of single and good looking females again?

assuming he sticks to the USA.
No, unless he becomes a rock star.....

Old 01-25-2015, 10:43 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Interesting insight! In the "olden days", when women depended on their husbands for material sustenance and social standing, it was crucial for women to make a match with men of highest career-prestige, community standing, financial wherewithal and so forth. The nerdy and socially inept owner of a cotton mill in Regency England would have been an excellent marital prospect. Today the situation is entirely different. Women marry for emotional connection and personal happiness, not status or social acclaim, and certainly not for material sustenance.

Men used to compete amongst themselves for women, especially for beautiful women. Female choice was secondary. Whichever male triumphed, would automatically be the one chosen by women. The female simply chose the most-winning male, and who that emergent winner happened to be, was immaterial. Today men don't compete directly. If a woman has multiple suitors, how often do they challenge each other to duels? Today a woman might choose a man who does not "win", simply because that happens to be her preference. He's the one with whom she makes the dearest emotional connection, regardless of his capacities as provider, or his "status".

Under the old system, a man's task was simple: compete with other men, and aim to surpass them. Gain status, money, prestige; and female attention will follow. This no longer holds. A new age demands new talents and new strategies.
Agreed. Men (especially successful men) get the shaft these days.

In any event, we must adapt to our environment. Because women are capable of supporting themselves now, I hold them to a higher standard. Not only do they have to be beautiful, but also intelligent and fit with a good moral compass. Preferably, they'll also have a small amount of sex partners (Of course, they could always lie about this so, as a rule, I multiply by a factor of 3).

And, yes, there are women like this out there. I've met and dated some of them, though, the timing was not right.

Old 01-25-2015, 10:58 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,209,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Well said. But I think this should have been closed after the third "no" response.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:09 PM

16 posts, read 12,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
Well said. But I think this should have been closed after the third "no" response.
not really, I have hope something out there can rival a college campus

Old 01-25-2015, 11:11 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by postgradstressedman View Post
not really, I have hope something out there can rival a college campus
Op is obsessed with college lol

Old 01-26-2015, 12:56 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Nope, status. It how women are hardwired.

Tyra Banks is reportedly dating a fat, Iranian, billionaire.

Tyra Banks dating Iranian billionaire Shervin Pishevar with couple spending holidays together 'vacationing near St Barts' | Daily Mail Online

Miranda Kerr is dating a billionaire, not ugly, but she's out of his league in the looks dept.

Miranda Kerr Is Reportedly Dating Billionaire James Packer

Naomi Campbell was dating a Russian billionaire. At best these two are evenly matched in the looks dept, but I think she is still a bit out of his league.

Naomi Campbell Split? Supermodel's Romance With Vladimir Doronin On The Rocks: REPORT

What do all of these guys have in common? They are high status males.
Is there a reason you think these examples represent millions of average women? A lot of women don't care about status. Look at the people around you. You'll notice there are ordinary women with ordinary husbands. Or do you live in isolation? Is that why you have to look up celebrities' lives on the internet and use them as examples?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships