Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 07:44 PM

45 posts, read 47,641 times

Advertisements

If you were in the property management business before, do you still have friends doing that? if yes, then maybe you can rent your place and they could keep and eye on your place/do monthly inspections?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 08:10 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HattieB View Post
If you were in the property management business before, do you still have friends doing that? if yes, then maybe you can rent your place and they could keep and eye on your place/do monthly inspections?
Monthly inspections aren't legal in many states. Often only a once-yearly inspection is allowed.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:16 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjones311 View Post
The reason this pertains to the Relationships board is that I'm in a conundrum. Obviously, I'm getting older by the minute. I'm told often that I look much younger than almost 37, and I'm not really attracted to men in their 40s. So naturally, the longer I wait to move, the more slim the pickings are going to be in finding a decent guy in the dating world. But I'm lonely, and I'm a relationship person. I don't date casually. And I don't want to meet someone here that will tie me to this state and keep me from moving. But the idea of being alone for the next year and a half or more makes me want to slit my throat. And then of course, the older I am when I get to my new state, the older the men that will be in the dating pool, and fewer.

So what's a girl to do in a catch 22 like this?
I'm not understanding the conundrum. Why are the pickings going to be more slim if you wait a year? Are all the 30-something men going to get married in 2015? Why are you not interested in men a mere 3 years older than you? A year from now, that would be only 2 years older than you. Were you hoping to date younger men? I think that's perfectly do-able, but I don't understand why you feel like the clock is ticking. It seems like you're conjuring up a scenario of scarcity where none exists. And what difference could a single year make, anyway? I think this is all in your mind, and you're torturing yourself with a false image of reality.

And what's wrong with being alone for a year and a half? Enjoy your solitude! Life could be worse--a lot worse! You could be stuck with someone you don't get along with, or someone who's cheating on you, or who's emotionally abusive, or worse. Since you're facing a year and a half alone, you may as well enjoy it. Or, alternatively, look for someone you might be compatible with, and see it looks like things are clicking with someone (doesn't sound likely, given your experience up to now, but who knows?), see if they'd be willing to relocate with you. You never know. Someone may be able to work remotely. You won't know until you try. If you're tired of dating that goes nowhere, embrace your solitude. Those are the two choices you have, as far as I can tell.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 01-29-2015 at 08:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships