Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 01:09 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Those are the types I preferred. I do like kids so I wanted a guy who liked kids. My boyfriend likes kids but he is ambivalent about having kids, which is how I was. I mostly ran into the guys who really hated kids and those guys generally didn't want marriage either and were afraid of being stung financially.
I always assumed guys who were bitter about stuff like that had been burned in the past by someone. My husband, when we were dating, had once dated a woman who attempted to take advantage of him, but didn't really succeed. He's the type who is in control of his finances and he's generous, but not stupid. Know what I mean?

My husband and I did talk about having a kid together when we first met... I was 37 back then and I really would've had another kid if he wanted. We got married when I was 42 and we talked about it some more... I still would've had one. I'm 47 now and we are actively trying NOT to have one, but if I was pregnant for some strange reason, neither of us would be crushed about it. We'd enjoy it, I'm sure. He's a great stepdad.

Old 01-27-2015, 01:10 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
Quote:
It is everyone else. I honestly can't figure out why she is single, having money and all.
I am being very PICKY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
It's not just millennials.
True, true. I just see a trend with them. My 24yo son doesn't really want kids, though he's very good with them.

He may change his mind one day, but if he doesn't, I don't care. It's his life.

Old 01-27-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I am being very PICKY!
Excessively so, given your situation.

Old 01-27-2015, 01:13 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I always assumed guys who were bitter about stuff like that had been burned in the past by someone. My husband, when we were dating, had once dated a woman who attempted to take advantage of him, but didn't really succeed. He's the type who is in control of his finances and he's generous, but not stupid. Know what I mean?

My husband and I did talk about having a kid together when we first met... I was 37 back then and I really would've had another kid if he wanted. We got married when I was 42 and we talked about it some more... I still would've had one. I'm 47 now and we are actively trying NOT to have one, but if I was pregnant for some strange reason, neither of us would be crushed about it. We'd enjoy it, I'm sure. He's a great stepdad.

I have a feeling that is what it is. I met a lot of men who were burned by women so they were angry. I feel like that, if I got pregnant (after marriage of course)it wouldn't be the end but it's not something I have to do. I did meet a few men like that but most seemed to either definitely want kids or definitely didn't. Your husband sounds like a great guy.

Old 01-27-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Somehow I wonder if she'll be honest to these men she may live with. I suspect she'll end up with a man like her and get more in assistance. I honestly doubt she'll find a man who is financially secure. I know when I did online dating and a man was on assistance I would tell him to deal with that first and then we would talk. Disability would be another story though I think.
I doubt it.

Truth is, she's very picky... (she says)... but she'd consider dating a druggie, a guy with mental problems, or an ex-con. I'm thinking that most of them (maybe not the ones with mental problems, but that would vary) wouldn't care about her being on food stamps.

Soooo... I dunno how that qualifies as picky, but we all have our hard lines, no?

Old 01-27-2015, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I am being very PICKY!
Unless you don't care about being alone, good luck to you. Most men who are choices will not want a woman on welfare with two baby daddies. Sorry but that's the truth. I know lots of men who were looking for mates and not one would date someone like that. Some did date single moms or marry them but only single moms with their life together and not on welfare.

Old 01-27-2015, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I have a feeling that is what it is. I met a lot of men who were burned by women so they were angry. I feel like that, if I got pregnant (after marriage of course)it wouldn't be the end but it's not something I have to do. I did meet a few men like that but most seemed to either definitely want kids or definitely didn't. Your husband sounds like a great guy.
He's a good man. I'm glad I met him. I really am.

He's human, of course. Nobody's perfect. Isn't that what marriage is, though? The union of two imperfect individuals.

If we were perfect, none of us would ever want a companion. We'd be islands unto ourselves.

Old 01-27-2015, 01:16 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
I doubt it.

Truth is, she's very picky... (she says)... but she'd consider dating a druggie, a guy with mental problems, or an ex-con. I'm thinking that most of them (maybe not the ones with mental problems, but that would vary) wouldn't care about her being on food stamps.

Soooo... I dunno how that qualifies as picky, but we all have our hard lines, no?

I think she said no to single dads.

Old 01-27-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
I doubt it.

I missed her seeing that but those guys would likely give her a chance. For some reason I thought she was only open to successful men who were handsome and those guys would probably not be open to her. I definitely would have never dated a male version of her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships