Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 11:54 AM

8 posts, read 23,072 times

Advertisements

to Raena77: I really want to but I'm thinking of my brother; I feel like I'll disrespect him if i flirt with his friend behind his back and plus i don't know if the guy is interested in me as well.

Last edited by Amy95; 01-28-2015 at 12:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I agree with this, have a private conversation with your brother to see how he feels about it. Also, keep in mind that you just may not be his type. Just because you have a thing for him, that doesn't mean he is going to automatically feel the same about you.
I agree with you and Montanaguy04. You know my bro has often talk to me about the guy and said good things about him but anyways I'll try to see his thoughts about that. Otherwise if the guy isn't interested in me i will just let that go I never had problem with letting go ...thank you so much!

Old 01-28-2015, 12:05 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy95 View Post
Hi everyone! I couldn't tell anyone about my problem even my closer friend because it's kinda sensitive for me so I hope you can help me guys.
well, my older brother have a handsome friend that I instantly fell for. The three of us study in the same university. I sometimes meet them (my brother and the friend) with their class friends talking and laughing and because I'm shy I just say hi and stand there listening to their talks so I noticed that he is so funny, gentle and respectable. Now I have so many questions!
I'm wondering if is It bad to date your brother's friend? If not then I want to catch his attention to me but I'm afraid to look "B**chy" if i start flirting with him since I'm his friend little sister don't you think? plus I only meet him when he is with my bro so It's a bit difficult and I don't want to ruin my brother's friendship. Also how can i know if he is interested in me as well? and even if he was interested do you think he would date any of his friends little sister? If yes then I'm afraid of my brother's reaction..
to clarify things I'm 20 y.o my brother 24 and the guy 26 the age gap isn't a problem for me i was always attached to older guys, besides I have never been in a r.ship (20 y.o yeah lol) to avoid any prejudice I'm not introvert I just rejected any demand from guys my age when i was a teen because they were all jerks looking for fun and I knew It would end anyways! I'm aiming to long terms r.ships with mature dudes that's why this guy attracted me so much that i hope I can know him more and before his graduation this year! because I don't think I can see him again but I don't know what to do..please help me guys! I would really a guy persective on that and thank you in advance
I would not do it because it could your brother ruin a friendship if this goes sour.
We are almost same age, you should having fun not being in serious relationship.
Not all guys our age are bad.
Do you know if he is moving back home?

Old 01-28-2015, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
I would not do it because it could your brother ruin a friendship if this goes sour.
We are almost same age, you should having fun not being in serious relationship.
Not all guys our age are bad.
Do you know if he is moving back home?
oh don't get me wrong I didn't generalize I'm sorry. I don't know if he's moving back home

Old 01-28-2015, 12:18 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,682 times
Quote:
oh don't get me wrong I didn't generalize I'm sorry. I don't know if he's moving back home
You should find out

Old 01-28-2015, 12:21 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,845,629 times
Quote:
to Raena77: I really want to but I'm thinking of my brother; I feel like I'll disrespect him if i flirt with his friend behind his back and plus i don't know if the guy is interested in me as well.
Just tell your brother that Joe Smoe is hot.If he says ew Amy no!

He might even tell his friend or warn him.lol!

But it's your life.Yes it could go good or bad.And a brother in law or a lost friend.

Old 01-28-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Just tell your brother that Joe Smoe is hot.If he says ew Amy no!

He might even tell his friend or warn him.lol!

But it's your life.Yes it could go good or bad.And a brother in law or a lost friend.
Hahah I agree with you. thanks

Old 01-28-2015, 12:26 PM

783 posts, read 849,409 times
Quote:
He will feel that you respect him if you ask for his opinions about his friend and don't do any sneaky stuff. Wouldn't you feel respected if your brother asked your opinion about a friend of yours he was interested in?

Old 01-28-2015, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
He will feel that you respect him if you ask for his opinions about his friend and don't do any sneaky stuff. Wouldn't you feel respected if your brother asked your opinion about a friend of yours he was interested in?
Yes absolutely! but I think it's better if I get to know the guy and be friends just so I can recognize his intentions, for that if he wasn't interested in me I will just let that go otherwise I can talk to my brother, is that good?

Old 01-28-2015, 01:00 PM

625 posts, read 902,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
I will never date a girl my own age for many reasons. First off most of the good ones are taken . Second Most of them have too many kids I am sorry when a woman has 3 kids by 3 different guys no thanks. I am open to dating a single mom with one kid but has to be open to having more down the road if we get married.Third a lot of woman in my age range that are single it the left overs no thanks way too much baggage for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships