Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2015, 02:24 AM

9,470 posts, read 10,805,387 times

Advertisements

I think divorced women with kids are not that damaged by being labeled "single moms". Most men are not bothered by this, in fact a woman who holds it together in spite of how tough being a single mom is gets points for her toughness and resolve to make it work. I think a young unwed mother with one child is not that damaged either if she lives her life on the straight and narrow, and some men will also admire her ability to make this situation work too, just like the divorcee situation. However a woman with multiple "baby daddys" is less desirable. Not because of the children, but because of bad life choices. This is a red flag for future drama coming, and men HATE drama. Also religious people would find moral objections with this, further diminishing her pool of potential dates. In short I don't think being a single mom hurts a woman's chances with dating all that much if at all, UNLESS there are multiple baby daddy's. Men do seem to shy away from that situation. Even then its not impossible to find someone, just harder.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:01 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
All this talk of single moms being undateable and undesirable...

Will it always be the case for single moms? Do you ever become desirable again in the dating pool?

About five years after the last kid leaves the nest.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:46 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,016,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
Only to betas and possibly single men who have kids themselves.

Moms are dealbreakers for me.

I pretty much feel the same way. I could care less how old the kids are you still have to cross paths at some point whether there 2 or 25.

I've had numerous flings with single moms but thats as far as it goes. It will never go past friends with benefits and I wan't nothing to do with their little monsters.

Old 02-14-2015, 10:13 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
I pretty much feel the same way. I could care less how old the kids are you still have to cross paths at some point whether there 2 or 25.
Eh, if they're 25 they're not your responsibility. Once they're 18 it shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:52 PM

971 posts, read 689,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
All this talk of single moms being undateable and undesirable...

Will it always be the case for single moms? Do you ever become desirable again in the dating pool?
I find single moms desirable, just not some of their kids. I dated a girl with a 2 and 6 year old and it was great. On the other hand a woman with 21 and 23 yo sons....horrible. I don't think having kids counts you out.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:26 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Not true.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:32 PM

9,093 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Not true.
Parenthood is 'til death.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:35 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
That it is.Just different levels.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:36 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
That's a fact and what sometimes muddles things up for dating is when you have a kid that is a F up... I've known plenty of older people still relying on their parents for money and other things, just because a child is over 18 and out of the house doesn't mean that they won't be a PITA at times... LOL, not to sound too harsh about it....

Old 02-15-2015, 09:36 PM

9,093 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That's a fact and what sometimes muddles things up for dating is when you have a kid that is a F up... I've known plenty of older people still relying on their parents for money and other things, just because a child is over 18 and out of the house doesn't mean that they won't be a PITA at times... LOL, not to sound too harsh about it....
That is all so true and it perfectly sums up why I wrote "parenthood is 'till death."

At a prior job I had an older, female co-worker who was divorced with two sons in their twenties. The ex-husband did not have his priorities in order. The co-worker tried to be a strict disciplinarian but despite her best efforts none of it rubbed off on her sons. Since I left that company I heard the co-worker remarried, sold her house and moved across the country. I don't know what will become of her sons. The ex-husband is still around but the sons always asked the mother for financial and other help. I know the sons were on good terms with their father but I guess he doesn't have two nickels to rub together as they say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships