Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 02:11 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,672,436 times

Advertisements

OP - I'm kinda surprised you're on here asking what to do ? He's moved on.

Most of the time I hear this story the other way around. A guy in your place trying to get the girlfriend back - but usually hear how upset the girlfriend is blah, blah, blah

It sounds like you're both not right for each other. You didn't get him anything for Christmas which says alot. Even something little to let him know you're thinking of him and he's special. Ok well that's not what happened - then you're with a guy on your vacation and don't contact him and now you want to know what's up ? You're kidding ?

Leave the guy alone now, doesn't sound like he wants to hear from you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 06:13 AM

239 posts, read 596,079 times
If you two aren't official, then being with someone else isn't cheating. I think the real problem is the lack of communication for three weeks on your end. I think some communication (even just an email here or there to say hi), would have been best. If you really like this guy, apologize and see if you can move on.

Old 02-02-2015, 06:54 AM

111 posts, read 115,902 times
You were totally disrespectful of this guys feelings. You did only what you wanted to do, how you were comfortable and to have fun - without even giving a thought to him. You get what you deserve. And saying: "Bear in mind that he doesn't even know I cheated" - is *that* supposed to make you look better? OH PLEASE! You are a self-centered, immature girl. Grow up and learn how to respect other people's feelings. Yeah, NEWS OF THE DAY: others have feelings too!

Old 02-02-2015, 07:23 AM

1,030 posts, read 4,277,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsdap View Post
Lol. This chick sucks.
Quote:
Lol. This chick sucks.
Quote:
Lol. This chick sucks.
Quote:
Lol. This chick sucks.

Said best right here. The guy knew what happened on your " holiday". People aren't stupid and your actions were very predictable in figuring that out.

Probably could've been prevented if you picked up the phone or responded to a text.

Last edited by NewHavensFinest; 02-02-2015 at 08:09 AM..

Old 02-02-2015, 07:27 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,011,598 times
If I write my idea it wont be bright any way. If I am dating some one I do it serious and from my heart. I cannot be with another guy while I give hopes to some one else. So from my side it is hard to give you a bright idea good luck!

Old 02-02-2015, 09:31 AM

6 posts, read 10,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creativeguy504 View Post
If you two aren't official, then being with someone else isn't cheating. I think the real problem is the lack of communication for three weeks on your end. I think some communication (even just an email here or there to say hi), would have been best. If you really like this guy, apologize and see if you can move on.
Just wanted to clarify something since I was vague in my first post and worded it wrong. 3 weeks was the total amount of time I was away for. I communicated with him in the first leg of my journey, for around a week. Then I left for a country in Asia which has limited electricity and I did not have a phone. I was here for around 11 days. In this time I did not communicate. Once I was back in the more developed country at the airport, I used the airport wifi to contact him.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:42 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
I wouldn't want you either if I was the guy.He probably found a new chick anyway.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:43 AM

957 posts, read 1,060,396 times
Jesus, just move on with life and let the poor guy enjoy life.

Women like the OP is why its so hard to trust women, just an awful human being.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:47 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,092,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imss_1 View Post
Just wanted to clarify something since I was vague in my first post and worded it wrong. 3 weeks was the total amount of time I was away for. I communicated with him in the first leg of my journey, for around a week. Then I left for a country in Asia which has limited electricity and I did not have a phone. I was here for around 11 days. In this time I did not communicate. Once I was back in the more developed country at the airport, I used the airport wifi to contact him.
That actually sounds more reasonable, did you let him know that you will not be able to communicate for 11 days? If you travel to remote places where communication is difficult, you probably should've let him know that you will not be in frequent contact. Maybe he could've expected an e-mail once a week or so.

So maybe he is a bit insecure in a relationship, does not know much about travel, etc. Perhaps you guys were not a good fit anyway?

Not much you can do now though. You can e-mail him an explanation if you want but who know if he will accept him. You might want to wait for a few weeks and then move on...

Old 02-02-2015, 10:17 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imss_1 View Post

So you didn't really mean:

"Once I was on holiday however, I decided to just have fun with my friend and I didn't get in touch with my guy for a few weeks, and ignored his attempts to contact me.I also got with another guy in a club while I was away ... "

?

LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships