Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 09:41 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,644,815 times

Advertisements

Yes, although it doesn't need to be much. I have to know that he's able to hunt and bring home bacon.

It would be such a strain to be the sole financial source in a household. What about when I'm pregnant and want to leave work for several years to raise the kids and homeschool them at a very young age for a few years before they start going to school? How would we live? I'm 30 years old and I want a family someday so these are things I think about, whether my future family with a prospective husband would be secure, being among those things.

Men have requirements of women to be with us, too.

Old 01-31-2015, 09:48 AM

29,752 posts, read 34,428,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post

There are women that feel differently than this, but they're not going to pop in the thread and say so.
Of course there are women out there who are materialistic or who want to be treated like a princess, but most average, everyday women aren't like that. I have no idea where some of the guys on this board are meeting all these women who don't have jobs and who are looking for a sugar daddy to fund an extravagant lifestyle, but I don't see them in my day-to-day life. Generally, as TLC put it, women don't want no scrubs.

Old 01-31-2015, 09:50 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,526,850 times
When I was young and starting noticing the opposite sex

It didn't matter to me. I thought love could and would conquer all.
Oh boy!

Now as older, love is number 1 still, but this man has to be financially wise and secure.
Not rich, just know how to handle money and have a plan.

Old 01-31-2015, 11:19 AM

894 posts, read 1,051,291 times
No, I don't expect a guy to be wealthy, I just expect him to be living independently, supporting himself and not acquiring useless debt.

As far as gifts and material good, meh, I don't really care about that stuff so if I were single I wouldn't immediately discount a guy because he couldn't buy me Prada and diamonds.

Old 01-31-2015, 11:26 AM

102,228 posts, read 108,023,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Of course there are women out there who are materialistic or who want to be treated like a princess, but most average, everyday women aren't like that. I have no idea where some of the guys on this board are meeting all these women who don't have jobs and who are looking for a sugar daddy to fund an extravagant lifestyle, but I don't see them in my day-to-day life. Generally, as TLC put it, women don't want no scrubs.
lol! It certainly isn't the norm. A lot of the guys who post here must time-travel back to the 1940's and 50's.

Old 01-31-2015, 11:26 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,413,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
When I was young and starting noticing the opposite sex

It didn't matter to me. I thought love could and would conquer all.
Oh boy!

Now as older, love is number 1 still, but this man has to be financially wise and secure.
Not rich, just know how to handle money and have a plan.
yes, to many men that "plan" involves avoiding marriage

couldnt resist.

Old 01-31-2015, 11:38 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,396,565 times
I think few (if any) "decent" men expect much financially from women. Women may not expect wealth but they usually want at least someone who carries their own weight and can offer some security if they plan to start a family - I don't think that's at all unreasonable.

Old 01-31-2015, 11:47 AM

270 posts, read 283,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter921 View Post
some women told me that a women dont want someone who cant do anything for them. but sometimes i feel character matter allot, but they told me in the real world it takes allot more. they said adults realize that you need more than just feeling love, you need to take care of your women. but many times i hear stories about how women who are sitting there taking care of men...... i dont get that? wich one is it ? because to be honest i was the type that would not give a women something but now in life i would. but i am scared that a women would leave me for one of those bad men that they are attracted to. i hear stories that women are giving their things to men who are playing them, i thought women wanted men to give them things and love them. the world makes no sense to me sometimes?
To answer the question in your title - Nope!!! He does not need money to be with me, but he needs his integrity intact, have good manners, treats others with respect, and applies himself when necessary. All these things are free, and show me what kind of person you truly are on the inside. I can manage down my lifestyle at any time for the right man without compromising who I am or who he is.

Old 01-31-2015, 11:48 AM

206 posts, read 304,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
yes, to many men that "plan" involves avoiding marriage

couldnt resist.
i want plain old love, why is that stuff seem so hard for women to understand. i am willing to earn it but they would rather be with scum

Old 01-31-2015, 11:51 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,899,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter921 View Post
some women told me that a women dont want someone who cant do anything for them. but sometimes i feel character matter allot, but they told me in the real world it takes allot more. they said adults realize that you need more than just feeling love, you need to take care of your women. but many times i hear stories about how women who are sitting there taking care of men...... i dont get that? wich one is it ? because to be honest i was the type that would not give a women something but now in life i would. but i am scared that a women would leave me for one of those bad men that they are attracted to. i hear stories that women are giving their things to men who are playing them, i thought women wanted men to give them things and love them. the world makes no sense to me sometimes?
I can take care of myself and no don't care if he has money. This isn't the 1950's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships