Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 10:49 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,085,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
No it's smart not to give a man your number on the dating site just because he asked for it and gave up a compliment. But it's weird to receive a guy's number so you can touch base and after talking to him for 40 minutes still don't want to give your number but still continue talking
It's weird to you. I think we all get that. But lots of things are weird to you that aren't weird to other people. And vice versa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 11:08 PM

619 posts, read 648,934 times
Quote:
Because friends are supposed to have each other's contact number so she is not friend material.
Oh...you're the "friend police"...I didn't realize. My apologies.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:20 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,826,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna1343 View Post
Oh...you're the "friend police"...I didn't realize. My apologies.

No friendship can develop if only one person can do all the contacting.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:24 PM

Quote:
But if you are a woman who is being harassed don't you try and find out about call blocking options?
Some services still actually make you pay to block a number.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:29 PM

Quote:
I guess I'm blitzing on how all my online-turned-real-life friendships began as I very rarely ever give out my number and I hate talking on the phone. Guess I just got really lucky that they didn't throw me over for some other friend that was prettier and gave out her number to any ol' guy she met online. Then again, the guys I talk to are really awesome.

I'm glad you got it all resolved and you'll leave her to find someone who understands and respects her boundaries. =c)

Old 02-02-2015, 03:07 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,539,568 times
Quote:
I sent a message to this girl on a dating site and left her my number so we can talk. So she called me but I noticed her number was blocked on the caller id and was like........."ok she probably needs to get a feel for me first before giving out her number" So we talked for the first time tonight on the phone and then after about 40 mins she was about to get ready for bed. So then I said........"Ummm can I have your contact #"

Then she went through this whole thing about how she had scary experiences with guys she met through the site and would rather meet me face to face before giving her me her number. So now I am going to sleep on this and will most likely wake up and decide I no longer have interest. I thought the purpose of talking to someone the first time on the phone was to determine if you WANT to give the guy your number.

And I don't think she understands that she is not the only woman on the site and once someone who gives me her number who looks just as good as her or better I am moving on lol Something won't allow me to meet a woman face to face if I don't have their contact number so we probably won't meet.

Any other guys come across any paranoid women like this online?
I think the fact that she took the initiative to call you shows some interest on her part despite the paranoia, but if you can't accept that she won't give you her number, forget about her.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:11 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,282,593 times
It really depends on what you are looking for. If you just want a hookup, you can send maintenance emails to her to keep her on the warmer. Women take precautions, because men have created well deserved concerns. So if you are looking to find an ltr at that site, then you might want to be more aware of why women act the way they do. She may have had a bad experience, that she isn't willing to share with you right now. Look on the bright side, at least she called you, because she could have just emailed you and made you go that route for awhile. I assume you find her attractive, since you made first contact. If that's the case, then what is the big deal, since she may give it to you after your next conversation.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:53 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,479,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigueur2014 View Post
... then what is the big deal, since she may give it to you after your next conversation.
When you have a totally rigid set of dating rules, they're set in stone and cannot be broken under any circumstances. It matters not how many people tell you over how many years that they're counter productive, that's IT!

Old 02-02-2015, 05:58 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,175,082 times
She could be married....

Old 02-02-2015, 07:54 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,596,878 times
Quote:
You say this because,

Spoiler
you never get past the early stages, so nothing ever develops.

If you like the women, pursue her, and convince her that you are a kind and caring person, who stands out from the rest of the pack, and is worthy of her time. If you are lazy from the start, don't bother taking on the challenge. True relationships take work, they aren't cultivated by a few nights on the phone with a stranger.

Write a dating mission statement, are you really only looking for a friend? Most middle-aged men are looking for more than a friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships