Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 03:23 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
I'm not against transferring to Ole Miss or whatever to do one more year of undergrad then going to the Grad Program there. My problem is being broke, or worse, homeless.

But yeah. That friend of Shayla's. That was the roommate, you know, the one who started the whole thing a year ago by getting married. TOLD ME that she thought I should still pursue her. So you know what I did. I wrote a letter, to Shay. 7 pages. That letter had everything in it. All my feelings, even the VERY negative ones. Instead of mailing it, I GAVE it to the friend. Telling her she can mail it if she wants. If she tossed it, I don't care either way. I did that over a week ago.
OP, you should have just told that friend off. What are these people, schizoid? It's good to put all your feelings down on paper, but you're not supposed to deliver that piece of therapy to anyone. You're supposed to tear it up and throw it away, or burn it (I find flames very purifying, myself.) Do more of that, until the emotional charge is gone. But DON'T give your writing to anyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 12:58 AM

3,378 posts, read 5,009,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, you should have just told that friend off. What are these people, schizoid? It's good to put all your feelings down on paper, but you're not supposed to deliver that piece of therapy to anyone. You're supposed to tear it up and throw it away, or burn it (I find flames very purifying, myself.) Do more of that, until the emotional charge is gone. But DON'T give your writing to anyone!
Damn I wish I knew. But I couldn't tell her off, I was at work.

Old 02-02-2015, 01:06 AM

619 posts, read 652,092 times
Quote:
Damn I wish I knew. But I couldn't tell her off, I was at work.
Once you gave the paper away, you gave control away. If you kept the paper, your emotions and such were completely in control. I'm curious if in a month or so you'll be back, wondering why you didn't receive any response to your 7 pages. =c(

Old 02-02-2015, 06:53 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Money has been coming up short. I haven't landed a new job yet.

Turns out I have to do one more year of undergrad to get my GPA up before I can do any Grad School. If I do school, even if I leave the state to do it. I'll have to do it in the Fall. But like I said, money is coming up short. My parents started charging me rent.

I haven't heard from "S" (everybody knows who I am talking about here) for 6 months now. Her best friend talked to me one day saying I should still pursue her. And that girl's aunt came into the store, and asked if I knew that group of girls. She asked if I knew "S", I said I did, and she just fecking tells me "You two would make a cute couple.", so I still get reminded of it.

My parents are putting this house up for sale, so we are moving in a month or two.
Calling her "S" still counts as talking about her. I thought we agreed that there would be no more posts about her. If someone mentions her to you, just ignore them or tell them that you two aren't interested in each other.

Old 02-02-2015, 07:44 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
O lawd.... If you didn't finish undergrad with a good GPA what makes you think getting a graduate degree with mediocre grades is a path to success?

You could join the military with an officer's commission possibly.....

Go learn a trade

Go into sales

Old 02-02-2015, 08:23 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
3 dates and no kissing? WTF?

Those weren't dates.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:46 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,598,510 times
Umm, Desert Kid...FYI, friends discuss sexual stuff ALL THE TIME. Obviously, there are boundaries, but many of my male and female friends talk and laugh about sex. It's usually not a big deal. Oh, and just because someone flirts with someone doesn't automatically mean that she's romantically interested in him. "Flirting" is just a fun thing to do for some people. It can lead to cool and humorous moments when all parties involved just "get it" and roll with it. It can lead to awkward moments when someone misses or misinterprets things.

I'm with Zen, you read too much into this, perhaps due to your desperation of wanting a girlfriend in the first place. Nevermind the romantic stuff not working out...you've likely lost a friend. Oh well...hopefully you'll learn from this and don't become too bitter towards women (although I'm already seeing signs of that, sadly).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships