Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2015, 02:03 PM

203 posts, read 178,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyga View Post
I'm 18 years old; my sexual drive is as good as it gets. However, that doesn't change the fact that men who are above 40 (or 25 for that matter) are not sexually attractive to me. Why? Because there is no desire to be intimate with someone who is of the same age as many men I've looked up (i.e. professors, father figures, male relatives). There's an "ick" factor (I think sigmund freud had a theory about this), not because they're older, but because I associate older men with these individuals. That is why there is no sexual chemistry there.
That's just your preference, and you are more than entitled to it. Its not something I would ever criticize you for, and I assume most girls your age share preference for dating their peers. However, it is a fact of life that some younger girls, do indeed prefer to date older guys and would not go out with guys their age or younger. Since men are not mind readers, they will approach you as if there was a possibility of getting a date out of it. They do not know at that very moment what your dating preferences are. Because of this, there is nothing creepy or icky about it. Its the most natural thing in the world.

If the approach is polite and tactful, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. ALL men find women in the age group of 18-24 most attractive. Few brainwashed examples will claim otherwise, but that's simply because they are affraid of their own masculinity. Don't worry, you have few good years ahead of you. If any guy approaches you politely, yet you don't think you want anything to do with him, simply let him know youre not interested. Problem solved.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:06 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabasis X View Post
That's just your preference, and you are more than entitled to it. Its not something I would ever criticize you for, and I assume most girls your age share preference for dating their peers. However, it is a fact of life that some younger girls, do indeed prefer to date older guys and would not go out with guys their age or younger. Since men are not mind readers, they will approach you as if there was a possibility of getting a date out of it. They do not know at that very moment what your dating preferences are. Because of this, there is nothing creepy or icky about it. Its the most natural thing in the world.

If the approach is polite and tactful, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. ALL men find women in the age group of 18-24 most attractive. Few brainwashed examples will claim otherwise, but that's simply because they are affraid of their own masculinity. Don't worry, you have few good years ahead of you. If any guy approaches you politely, yet you don't think you want anything to do with him, simply let him know youre not interested. Problem solved.
So a fat 18 year old is hotter than a 40 year old woman in shape? yeah right. Sure some younger women are attracted to older men but some women are attracted to furries too, doesn't mean a furry has a chance with a woman.

She has few good years left, huh? I still get hit on by many men as does my 66 year old mom.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:10 PM

535 posts, read 515,636 times
This thread should have been locked long ago. Ashley got the help she was looking for which was how to deal with this situation if and when it comes up in the future in order to get the result she wanted. It has now become people just making mean and untrue judgments about her because of her disinterest in man over 20 years older and her and others trying to defend her. End it already.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IfICould View Post
This thread should have been locked long ago. Ashley got the help she was looking for which was how to deal with this situation if and when it comes up in the future in order to get the result she wanted. It has now become people just making mean and untrue judgments about her because of her disinterest in man over 20 years older and her and others trying to defend her. End it already.
There are men here who use threads like this to attack older women and younger women who don't date them. According to them younger women should be thrilled to date a man old enough to be her dad because she'll get older and men won't want her because they all want younger women. Older women to them become non useful because all men want younger and younger women want older men for money. I'm not sure where they get this bizarre idea.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:47 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
So a fat 18 year old is hotter than a 40 year old woman in shape? yeah right. Sure some younger women are attracted to older men but some women are attracted to furries too, doesn't mean a furry has a chance with a woman.

She has few good years left, huh? I still get hit on by many men as does my 66 year old mom.
You're drawing some unusual conclusions from his post.

Old 02-03-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
There are men here who use threads like this to attack older women and younger women who don't date them. According to them younger women should be thrilled to date a man old enough to be her dad because she'll get older and men won't want her because they all want younger women. Older women to them become non useful because all men want younger and younger women want older men for money. I'm not sure where they get this bizarre idea.
I don't really see where anyone is judging the OP for not wanting to date older men.

Old 02-03-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
You're drawing some unusual conclusions from his post.
I am responding to his post.

Old 02-03-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
I don't really see where anyone is judging the OP for not wanting to date older men.
But you made a comment that older men all find all younger women attractive and that's not true.

Old 02-03-2015, 03:33 PM

718 posts, read 615,849 times
Quote:
More than a few men on here have insinuated that I'm ugly and undesirable, therefore older men tend to flock in my direction, because I obviously can't get anyone else.

Which is fine, never hurt my feelings.

They've also left reputations saying that other women on this thread are jealous because they're fat and old, lol. It's funny (in a ridiculous way) really.

I'm not saying that you said that, because I don't think that at all, it's just some men have left precedence on here haha.

Old 02-03-2015, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyga View Post
More than a few men on here have insinuated that I'm ugly and undesirable, therefore older men tend to flock in my direction, because I obviously can't get anyone else.

Which is fine, never hurt my feelings.

They've also left reputations saying that other women on this thread are jealous because they're fat and old, lol. It's funny (in a ridiculous way) really.

I'm not saying that you said that, because I don't think that at all, it's just some men have left precedence on here haha.
Oh, I didn't read the whole thread, there is 30 pages of it. Id just ignore it, theyre trolling you or something and their assertions are a bit silly. My advice stands though, You are in an age group where many many men will find you attractive, so you will likely be approached by men of all ages. If a man who approaches you is polite about it, just reply with a simple "No thanks, im not interested" and most guys will get the hint right away. On a few occasions, guys will be less than polite, in which case no reply is needed, you can just choose to ignore them and walk away. Always remember, that men are the initiators and we do have to approach, unless we want to remain single forever. Best of Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships